• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would make the anime perfect?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Take the best parts of different seasons and make into the perfect anime.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • Keep in mind that the anime is made to promote the game and would clearly have pointless episodes. Just as long as it's not johto tier.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • each of our ideals is completely different than others; what is perfect to one will not be to another. we live in incompatible states of mind and an imperfect world.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#pretentious3amphilosophy

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Here--

--Great Humor & Comedy .

--Thrilling Competition

--Bizarre Characters

--Dynamic Character Interaction.

-- Ash catching great pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Tbh I'd only be interested in the anime if it were something more like the Pokémon Adventures manga - for each season, we get new characters. The old ones will show up from time to time, but that'd be about it for them.
    I think it'd be even better than the anime we have now when it comes to promoting the games, since at least you'd get to showcase the current protagonists and Pokémon instead of having Team Rocket and Ash, who have been around since what? 1997?

Also I'd sell my soul to see Hilbert/Touya/Black in all of his animated glory.

Years
  • If Pokemon Origins taught me anything; it's that the perfect anime would follow the game very closely. But in the anime's canon, this would likely feature Ash noticeably maturing and aging. Maybe it'd have some of his older Pokemon returning a little more often (like during gym battles, or at least every regional championship), Team Rocket being their initial Black & White self, and either reappearing every other episode, or at least doing something very important for Team Rocket. Also, some of his companions would return a little more often, at least in character relevant moments.

Something like that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    I'd stop it with Ash and Team Rocket completely. Do exactly what origins did and just follow the game's protagonist. The writers literally have to do jack, and it will advertise the game while being a compelling story. The 4-5 minute animated B2W2 trailer > best wishes. I don't want to see anymore pikachu, I don't want to see Ash continually being soft reset, and I don't want to see any more of the idiots from Team Rocket continually being thrown in as cheap plot device and half-a$$ed "villains".

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I think , The Anime should introduce New Referring Character who appear in all Series like Jessie , Jemes & Meowth.
    For example : A Girl who lead all Women group of Bounty hunter ! She does all job unless it goes against her Moral Code.
    She & Ash start off as Enemy when she was trick into work for the bad guys But later become an allies and Rival of Ash.
    It would be even cooler if she turn out to be from a Rival clan of Senpai and Ash encounter her when she attacked Senpai.
    Now , That's Main Heroin material!!!
    Ash and Team Rocket getting written off for good, they've been around for too long imo.
    Another thing that would make it perfect for me is to have Serena replace Ash as the main character and bring back Misty and Dawn as her traveling companions.
    So , Basically Pokemon becoming a Shoujo Anime ! That will make thing worst.
    However , Writer can change the Theme of Pokemon Anime ! For example : Ash becoming Pokemon Master and The next series will focus on fighting Bad Guys
    The Assistant Director confirm Ash's Grandfather to be a great Pokemon Master.
    So , May be the Next series should be about Ash going to the new region to find his missing Grandfather/Father.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Bringing HanaKana into the cast by re-introducing Haruka.

Or , The Anime could bring a Doppelganger of Haruka voiced by HanaKana!
    After all , Both Ash & Dawn has Doppelgangers.
    Who knows , A Mid Tsundere rival Doppelganger of Haruka might become more popular then actual Haruka.
    Plus , Ash has no chance with actual Haruka because of Drew So may be Ash can hook up with her Doppelganger.
    By the way , Does Serena & Haruka share the shame English Voice actress ???

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I remember a part of Original Gary that disappeared.
    I remember , That The Original Gary was a Sadist.
    So , A Sadist female rival might make this show perfect.

thopkmnmaster

Raiores
    Years
  • Ash and Team Rocket getting written off for good, they've been around for too long imo.
    Another thing that would make it perfect for me is to have Serena replace Ash as the main character and bring back Misty and Dawn as her traveling companions.

and do you think stopping breeding coz all the pokemon are female gender will make games perfect

Spoiler:

if they remove ash how do u o they won't replace him with someone like prof.oak who doesn't do anything new at all.

the anime would be better if team rocket were serious criminals
    or if ash meets his pokemon from his kanto team like 10 times in every season

Some romance.

that would be terrible

more rivals will be cool

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Following A Specific plotline to make the anime like this--

the anime would be better if team rocket were serious criminals
    or if ash meets his pokemon from his kanto team like 10 times in every season

They try that during "Best Wishs" which happen to be the worst Pokemon Series.
    Team Rocket weren't suppose to be serious villain , They suppose to be Stupid Good Guys trying to be Bad.
    Like the Ice King (Adventure Time) or Keroro (Sgt Frog).

that would be terrible

Unless Romance is use for Humor and Competition.

if they remove ash how do u o they won't replace him with someone like prof.oak who doesn't do anything new at all.

Atleast its much better then Ash traveling an entire region for nothing while all his development and improvement goes down to drain.

more rivals will be cool

More rival like Trip , Cameron, Tirno and Shota will make the show boring.
    We need real rival that get on Ash's nerve and challenge his limit.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2015
    How to make the anime perfect:
    1. get rid of ash or give him some character development already
    2.less filler episodes
    3.have a natural progression of time so ash ages
    4. a reboot
    5. make it funnier that it already is (yes i know some bits are funny but i want more of that)

Zakariya

What happens in the dark, comes out in light.
    Years
  • I can not say that the Pokemon anime can achieve perfection, nor can anything for that matter. However, what is closer to being a reasonably realistic idea is that this show can come close to reaching what can be considered perfection.

My first thought is the status of the Team Rocket trio; I have mixed views on what should have happened to them, or a possible change in their position.

- One of my ideas is that Team Rocket could have gone from being antagonists to anti-heroes after the days of Generation One.

They could act as either rivals of Ash and his friends, or allies who aid them along their journey while still having greedy intentions (though they wouldn't actively commit the same sort of villainous acts that they used to perform).

- Another is simply the trio reforming and leaving Team Rocket once Ash goes to the Orange Islands, and head down a path to redemption.

They would initially question their actions during the Kanto days, then have an epiphany of sorts that instills guilt and legitimate regrets. After that, they could become friends of Ash and his group, or at least occasional allies.

- The third idea I have in regards to this is Team Rocket leaving the show, although unlike most people who want them gone, the idea of how they should go is something that I haven't seen mentioned so far.

Team Rocket could retain their presence in the Hoenn season until they meet Team Aqua and Team Magma, and then leave the show in a blaze of glory.

Basically, they would have a tremendously dramatic three-way series of battles that ultimately leads to their utter destruction, and the trio could leave the show by sacrificing their lives to destroy one the opposing teams (if not both), or at deal a crippling blow that would contribute to their eventual defeat.

It's very likely that they'd receive a moderate amount of respect from the Pokemon fanbase if Team Rocket (the trio and faction in general) was the primary contributor to another evil team's downfall, even if it meant their complete collapse.

______

The second thought on how to improve the Pokemon anime involves how Ash should be treated, though I have less to say about this.

- Ash should have been given a more noticeable amount of character development through his time in the series, and should have been demoted to the status of a recurring character that makes occasional appearances after his travels in the Orange Islands if it resulted in sparing him from turning into what I see him as today in the XY series; a bland one-dimensional nobody that rivals a crappy fanfiction character in terms of quality.

Even if the writers of this show did not decide to allow the Pokemon anime's quality to slip, it's possible that Ash's character would have become stale anyways. There is proof that this happens to characters in shows that have been around for a while, but have managed to retain the levels of likability that previous seasons had.

Therefore, it would have been necessary for Ash and his companions to be replaced by the Johto seasons, and then have a cast change on the same scale for the next region.

Ash was among the most beloved characters in the past, and this might have saved him from the ridicule he's undergone in recent years.

_____

The third (but not last) thought I have on this has to do with the repetition the anime suffers from. For more than a decade, the Pokemon anime has been plagued by the rehashing of numerous elements that have been seen several different times in the hundreds of episodes we've been treated to.

I know I'm being the devil's advocate here, but something like this is not easy to remedy if the show you're writing for has more episodes than The Simpsons. I could come up with ideas on how to fix this problem, though that would make this already lengthly post far too long to read.

Years
  • Ash and Team Rocket getting written off for good, they've been around for too long imo.

Agreed.

Serena would make a perfect main character, in fact any of the female companions who Ash has had because it's always boring when the main protagonist in Pokemon media is usually the dude so give the ladies a shot more often.

And because of XY episode rating pretty low lately, we are in need of a true reboot without Ash because he is getting repetitive and boring.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    There needs to be a Pokemon Origins-like miniseries for each of the game's protagonists. Ethan's and Bendan's would be great!

I was going to suggest that Ash evolve his Pokemon more frequently, but it seems like that's already happening. Still.

A new protagonist to replace Ash. This new protagonist would start his adventures getting his first Pokemon.

Team Rocket either leaving, or successfully capturing Pikachu for more than just 3 minutes.

No more "Hey Pokemon, do you want to come along with us?" No. Get in the ball!

Ash needs to use the Pokemon he's forgotten about at Oak's lab. Are they even his anymore? Use 'em! Evolve 'em!

Ash needs to capture a legendary Pokemon. Capture and keep it and use it.

Pikachu is weak.

Okay, well Im starting to sound like Paul, so that's enough!

Back