• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle maison singles team going for 200+ streak

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
  • Hey guys!! hoping I'm posting in the right place here, I've always been a big battle tower fan and my record stands at 636 on white 2, looking to conquer the battle maison now seeing as I just cleared the game. My teams strategy for the moment is literally just smash with kangaskhan and if I fail try and clean up with whatever.

Kangaskhan @ kangaskhanite
    Ability Scrappy
    EVs 255 Atk 255 speed ( accidentally maxed out speed before I realised I had no way of deleting ev's yet :L )
    Jolly --considering changing to adamant but haven't got far enough for speed to matter
    - power up punch
    - return
    - sucker punch
    - earthquake

To be perfectly honest I have very little experience with mega kangaskhan (or 6th gen for that matter) from my research I've concluded he's one of the best mon's for battle maison. The game keeps throwing out bulky fighting types and spiritomb ( my opponent led with spiritomb 3 times in a row and I'm only on a streak of 24) spiritomb is easy enough to handle I usually get in a power up punch and then mega evolve>EQ but if I get with status its kind of annoying. things like gurdurr/conkeldurr are impossible to dent from the get go and I don't have very good team mates atm as I haven't bred them yet. Heres what I have been using.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
    Ability Torrent
    236 HP 252 Sp.Atk 20speed -> originally meant for ou singles
    Modest
    - water pulse
    - Aura Sphere
    - Ice Beam
    - Dark Pulse

This guy was the first flawless pokemon I bred after I completed the game and was originally intended for use as a bulky sweeper in ou. Literally just used him because he was my only other 6iv pokemon at the time. he can take a focus punch from an unboosted conkeldurr but is 2HKO'd amd fails to OHKO with waterpulse. To better support Kangaskhan I need to replace him with something that resists or can easily shrug off all fighting type attacks and deal with them. If it could handle status like will-o-wisp etc that would be great too. I was thinking along the lines of gliscor or something that doesn't mind status like a conkeldurr with guts or something.

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Inner focus
    EVs No idea, played through the game with this guy
    Nature-something unhelpful
    - close combat
    - stone edge
    - earthquake
    - dark pulse- literally just for hitting gengar/mismagius

This guy needs to go for obvious reason. I was thinking about using classic ol' bellyzard with sub,belly drum, earthquake, fire punch/aerial ace( air baloon heatran/shedinja/stab/hax/double team/bright powder) but unfortunately I don't have a salac berry :(

Kangaskhan I believe is the easiest way to to climb up the "tower" without going down the entrainment route, so one of my members will have the sole job of taking on its counters/checks and status while still remaining as viable as possible on its own. the 3rd I'm open to suggestions, I haven't got any great ideas yet but some ideas I had were old favourites such as scarf/banded Chomp. scarfed guts heracross would be great if I predict status especially a burn. scarf imposter ditto? not sure how viable it is in battle tower as I never had one until now (courtesy of RNC my saviour!!) banded/life orb talonflame, priority bravebird and flying typing both handy for fighting types life orb magic guard alakazam>absorbs status fast and strong, so frail and can't deal with sturdy/sash users tho. Scarf togekiss, banded azumarrill both resisting fighting and have their own niches in air slash serene grace/ aqua jet/play rough, assault vest conkeldurr.

So those are all the ideas I had, appreciate any and all feedback!!

Back