• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
The screen shots are really great, good luck.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
great hack cant wait for it to come out
You just posted the same thing the guy 5 posts away from yours said. What do people do now days? Pick a random game and just say that it's a great hack? There should be a rule on it, though many break the rules anyway. Keep of the good work Wichu.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
It's not mine. I don't really have the right to tell people what not to name their game, do I?

Konkat

So Square I'm Pixelated
Years
This has already been said, but I'll say it anyway because it's sort of rare for me to be impressed by this kind of thing.

This game looks fantastic. You're a wonderful artist, you seem very creative (I love the starters), and if you're as good at scripting as you are at spriting this just might be better than some of the recent gamefreak releases (which were good, but not up to snuff if you ask me). I'd love to beta for you, if you're still looking for testers? If not, I'm still looking forward to the eventual release.

Keep at it, it really looks great.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
if you're as good at scripting as you are at spriting
I may well be... ;) You'll see once you get to play it.
At the moment, I'm not looking for beta testers. The beta versions will only be available to staff and a few select individuals; i.e. a closed beta.
However, I will hold a competition to get the first release a few days early. I'm not going to give much away, other than that everyone who enters will get it at least one day early, and you must have a copy of Diamond, Pearl or Platinum to participate - being able to download fangames for free isn't an excuse to not buy the official games! It shouldn't be too hard to guess what it is :P

Anyway, a small update, this time on TMs. You might be wondering how the new moves will fit in; here's your answer.
In the region of Shika, there are 50 TMs. These include many new moves, as well as some of the TMs from Diamond and Pearl. Some more official moves will also become TMs. However, this list doesn't include favourites such as Ice Beam and Earthquake. But before you become too disappointed...
The 50 Hoenn TMs are making a welcome return! Due to Shika being near to Hoenn, many trainers choose to import TMs from there. As usual, these end up scattered on the ground (somehow) for you to pick them up. Some are also sold by Paraben Corporation, Shika's equivalent to Silph and Devon.
Finally, a mysterious new type of TM has appeared recently. Only the toughest trainers can manage to obtain them. Due to them being so new and hard to find, they do not appear in Poké Marts; they can only be found in hard-to-reach or hidden areas. Basically, you will have to search really hard. They are known as Frontier Technical Machines, or FTMs for short. As for the moves they contain, some may surprise you! Half of them have already appeared as well-known TMs in official games (obviously excluding 3rd gen TMs), while the other half are moves which have never been TMs before! The FTMs have the most diverse assortment of moves ever (there's 60 of them), with many of them having rare and unique effects. But not only their effects are diverse; they also wildly vary in usefulness, from as pointless as Defense Curl to as awesome as Double-Edge (both originally from R/B/Y)! In short, they're hard to get for a reason; only true masters will be able to use them properly...
As with the recent official games, there are 8 HMs, one for each badge. Two of these are new, replacing Flash/Defog and Dive/Rock Climb. But what do they do? You'll have to find out when you play it...

Whoah, I sounded like a real Nintendo advertisement there... If TMs were real, I could have put that on TV! :P
Anyway, discuss!

EDIT: How could I forget the HMs? :S

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I did, because he asked me. But why should someone need permission to name their game? We should be free to name our games whatever we want; after all, we're already using the Pokémon name without permission...

Atomic Reactor

and you must have a copy of Diamond, Pearl or Platinum to participate - being able to download fangames for free isn't an excuse to not buy the official games! It shouldn't be too hard to guess what it is :P

Uh... what?
I don't quite understand what you mean... :(
why will we need a copy of those?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Ah. Not having Wi-fi could be a problem... If you don't, you're not missing out on much, since it's just getting Amethyst a few days early; you'll still get to play it.
And no, it won't be a tournament, unless there's enough people interested (at least 16). If there are more than 16, a tournament will decide who gets through to the next round.
Or I might just make it first come, first served, which would be a lot easier.
Anyway, I'm not giving anything else away, so start discussing the other part of the update already!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Basically, the only prize is playing Amethyst early, so unless you really want to play it that badly, there's no point in getting Wi-fi for it... Although if you were going to get it anyway, go ahead.

☆Patched☆

Is a Death Note and Bleach Fan
Years
Aww. I just returned my friends Diamond back to her, and now this wifi tornament is going on. >< Well, I'm still happy that the release is coming up pretty soon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
I see a lot of people refering to the release date. Is there a scheduled release date or an approximate release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back