• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What if...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay so as you know these games are set on 3D, in a new region and have new Pokemon. But what if they had no new Pokemon? While the whole Pokedex hasn't been seen, it can still be asked that if you knew there were no new Pokemon but you got a Pokemon main series game finally on 3DS and a new region - would you be as interested or as excited for them? While you can't judge all the Pokemon you can still judge whether the fact of not having would've made an impact and to what extent. Discuss your thoughts!

Years
  • If I can just get the new dragon type pokemon, the new main flying bird and the new starters, they can throw Gen IV in there for all I care. :)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Eh, it'd be a bummer imo, since the whole aspect of pokemon is interesting because of the new pokemon there are, the new possibilities there can be, and the new strategies you can use, so...

Then again, just because a new pokemon game has no new pokemon, it can still be fun; no doubt about that.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

No, I wouldn't be as excited. Half the excitement for me is the new Pokemon, after all they are the main part of the franchise. I would still be excited, but not this excited!

Sirfetch’d

TBH a new region without new pokemon is like cereal without milk. I just isn't the same. I would still be happy though getting a new region in 3D and new features, but that would be 2 games in a row without new pokemon and would just be weird. I am glad we are getting new Pokemon!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'd be a lot less interested. There's no point in making a new region and such for the franchise unless it's for a spin-off that does things differently than the main series games. So...yeah, I'd be kind of pissed if they did that to us. lol

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
    Years
  • Well..heh, i kinda thought about this earlier and yea i'd be pretty disappointing. But the starters and two legends are already confirmed so I guess it would be ok. Besides, the new pokemon are only half the game. I'd still be just as excited tho.

Deceit

Toxic.
    Years
  • I would still be excited, just not as much. I would be excited to use some older pokemon on my team, similar to B2/W2, along with 3D animations and such, but yeah, not as excited as I am for X and Y now.

Years
  • Well, this is hard. I'd absolutely LOVE to see all new Pokemon, but if there weren't new ones, I wouldn't absolutely die, but I'd definitely be disappointed. With the new starters and main legendaries confirmed, I doubt there wouldn't be new Pokemon, but they also showed some previous Generation Pokemon in the announcement video, so that might be a sign, but there's no way to be sure.

Though we can't be sure about the Pokemon, we should be excited no matter what.

Years
  • I'd be almost just as interested in them if the new region was actually the old region of Hoenn, and we were getting some remakes. :D

But with that not being what the question was asking, I'd be about as interested in the games as I was when I spoiled everything for myself for BW2. I was still interested, but not nearly as thrilled, which was a shame, and I think that sums up how I'd feel about the new games if they were like that. It'd be a real downer not to have any new pokemon!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Well I'm pretty sure if they made a game with no new Pokemon, it would be an RSE remake. ;) So yeah, I'd be pretty excited! I'm missing the point aren't I

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I'd still be excited for the games as they would still be great but not nearly as great as if they had new Pokémon. Imagine if they did that with Gen V, then we would have no Petilil.

I don't want to think about a would with no Petilil.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Honestly, I'd lose a lot of enthusiasm. In fact, I think I'd lose pretty much all of it. The most exciting thing, to me, in a new generation is the introduction of new Pokémon. Without it, it just feels a lot less exciting and a lot less interesting. It's just like "Oh... another Pokémon game."

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
    Years
  • I would love to see all of the new pokemon,but...
    If there weren't many all my excitement will just be a waste....
    And I wouldn't waste anything in buying it if there weren't any...

Years
  • They would have had to revolutionize a lot of things to make it appealing to me, because it would just sound like a port/remaster that was a money spinning venture. :/​

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd be happy with a Pokedex made up of a mixture the past five Generations of Pokemon but it's always fun to discover new Pokemon within each Generation.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    As for meeee, I don't think I'd want the games without the Pokemon. They stand out the most to me and while a new region is appealing, I love the idea of new stuff and unless it's just Unova Pokemon I think it would need a lot of getting used to, and I just... don't think I'd be into it. Then again I'd probably still be into the games lmao because I like new stuff. :x

Years
  • What's the point of a new region if the new Pokemon aren't included?

If the X & Y Pokedex didn't mix old and new Pokemon, I wouldn't be as excited or like the games as much. It's just like I wouldn't have enjoyed Black & White if it never had new Pokemon taking up its entire Pokedex.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I probably wouldn't buy it on day one.

It would feel more like a Pokemon Platinum or Pokemon Black/White 2 game. Of course fun to play but I wouldn't lose sleep over not being able to play it.

At least for me, new pokemon are a pivotal aspect of new generations. The foundation each new gen rests upon. The only thing that would possibly make me excited for a new generation with no new pokemon is if they radically revolutionized the gameplay (which I can't see them doing in a hurry)

Back