• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Allowing for multiple Mega Evolutions in battle

Years
  • I been wondering how do you set it so you can allow for more than one Mega Evolution in a battle? I know there is a fangame being made that one of the characters will have an ability that allows for more than one Mega Evolution to be used in one battle.

Years
  • I can help you, but...

What precisely do you want?

A.) anyone and everyone can ME multiple times - how it works in my game in Mix-and-Mega Mode.
    B.) only one "boss" can use multiple Mega Evolutions - how it works in my game normally.
    C.) The number of times you can Mega Evolve depends on the number of badges you have - this is how it works in another fangame, and I've yet to figure out how they eventually pulled it off.

Years
  • Well for testing purpose, option B. XD I have my OC who has three Pokemon who can Mega Evolve and its sort of a special case with him, given he uses something that isn't a Mega Ring but functions like one. I'd like to make it so that with this item, it allows for more than one Mega Evolution in battle.

Years
  • So, basically, if you have this item, which until I know the name I'm going to call the Super Mega Ring, then you can Mega Evolve to your heart's content. Okay, do you want any NPCs to be able to do this?

Years
  • Just one NPC, again I just want to test it for future Trainer Battles, and likely have usable by the player.

Basically you able to Mega Evolve any Pokemon you have a Mega Stone on, but if they are knocked out and are revived, since they return to their normal form, they can't Mega Evolve again. So there is a limit with this.

Years
  • Just one NPC, again I just want to test it for future Trainer Battles, and likely have usable by the player.

Basically you able to Mega Evolve any Pokemon you have a Mega Stone on
    I can do this...
    but if they are knocked out and are revived, since they return to their normal form, they can't Mega Evolve again. So there is a limit with this.
    ...but not this. My "make everything Mega Evolve" script can remove the restriction entirely, or not at all. Which is why I have no idea how the people in that other fangame made it that the limits are based on the number of badges.

Years
  • Code:
    ################################################################################
    # Mega Evolve battler.
    ################################################################################
      def pbCanMegaEvolve?(index)
        return false if $game_switches[NO_MEGA_EVOLUTION]
        return false if !@battlers[index].hasMega?
        return true if $DEBUG && Input.press?(Input::CTRL)
        return false if !pbHasMegaRing(index)[COLOR="Blue"]
        return false if @battlers[index].effects[PBEffects::SkyDrop][/COLOR]
        [COLOR="Red"]if pbBelongsToPlayer?(index)
          return true if hasConst?(PBItems,:SUPERMEGARING) && $PokemonBag.pbQuantity(:SUPERMEGARING)>0
        elsif pbGetOwner(index) != nil
          ownername=pbGetOwner(index).fullname
          return true if ownername == "Fisherman Bob"
        end[/COLOR]
        side=(pbIsOpposing?(index)) ? 1 : 0
        owner=pbGetOwnerIndex(index)
        return false if @megaEvolution[side][owner]!=-1
        return true
      end

This section of code can be found in the script section PokeBattle_Battle (without the R), around line 1787. The red lines get added. The blue line is moved up (originally it's right above the "return true" at the end). Now the player has unlimited Mega Evolutions per battle if they have the Super Mega Ring item, and the Fisherman NPC named Bob has unlimited MEs per battle regardless. Obviously you change it to the NPC's actual class and name.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Note that, since you define every single trainer in your game, you can remove the "once per battle" limitation for ALL NPC trainers, and simply not give any other trainer more than one Mega Evolvable Pokémon (i.e. a Pokémon plus the required held item). The AI doesn't know how to use Revives, so that's not a problem.

Years
  • I'm sorry for necroposting, but the changes in Mega Evolve battler by Rot8er_ConeX doesn't work for me. It's another way to put it works?

EDIT-

Ok, for AI I found one way:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back