• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBoy617

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Someone answer my question. I'm using a patched english Heart Gold rom. Does this effect the save? Damn I'm tired of wondering and not knowing the answer. I just wanna play... :(

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Someone answer my question. I'm using a patched english Heart Gold rom. Does this effect the save? Damn I'm tired of wondering and not knowing the answer. I just wanna play... :(
Well maybe if you looked a few posts high you would see your answer has already been answerd... i hate ignorent people! Use the links i posted (few posts higher up) THE PATCH WILL ONLY WORK ON CLEAN ROMS! (This means rom that havent been patched before) so get a clean rom, and for your save problem, rename the name of the patched file to the name of your old rom and your old save data should work for your new rom!

If anyone needs anymore help with the rom either post a problem in my unfreeze/translation patch thread (in the emulation fourm) or pm me. leave this poor thread alone!

@ Jhonboy617: If you have anymore questions dont hessitate to ask ok?

JohnBoy617

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Well maybe if you looked a few posts high you would see your answer has already been answerd... i hate ignorent people! Use the links i posted (few posts higher up) THE PATCH WILL ONLY WORK ON CLEAN ROMS! (This means rom that havent been patched before) so get a clean rom, and for your save problem, rename the name of the patched file to the name of your old rom and your old save data should work for your new rom!

If anyone needs anymore help with the rom either post a problem in my unfreeze/translation patch thread (in the emulation fourm) or pm me. leave this poor thread alone!

@ Jhonboy617: If you have anymore questions dont hessitate to ask ok?
T_T Must I post this everytime?

I ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS check everytime before asking. I'm not ignorant. I read all the previous posts. One of em says only certain roms will save. But the thing is, I don't want to keep downloading to find out.

Years
Yeah, that's my problem too! If I run form a battle it will still work, but it freezes whenever I knock out the pokemon. Trainer battles make it freeze too.

The issue (in case it hasn't been answered yet; I haven't read the whole thread) is that you have the sound on your emulator to "off", "mute", or something similar. 4th generation games depend on the sound to be produced for the game to proceed. I believe this was considered to be one of Nintendo's anti-piracy measures with Diamond/Pearl.

Years
Um, I've got a question. I tried the patch that Pokemon League Champion posted earlier but my game still keeps freezing after I save a game or enter a new area, so I have to close my Ds and start all over again. Is there anything I can do to stop it doing this?

(NB: I'm using a DsTT card.)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Pokemon League Champion, are you aware that the creator of that translation patch has his own thread right here in Pokecommunity?

So for those who are having problems with the patching, you might as well direct your concerns in the link I posted above... :P

BTW, what emulators are you all using?
Um, no offence but did you check the links XD there from compleately different people.... ":P" check next time ok? plus his method ( that guys thread you posted ) only translates the rom -.-".

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years
Um, no offence but did you check the links XD there from compleately different people.... ":P" check next time ok? plus his method ( that guys thread you posted ) only translates the rom -.-".

No offense but your spelling and grammar is giving me a really bad headache.

The thread I linked not only translates the ROM but also fixes those areas that give you the black screen... along with some AR codes. I personally used this patch and it's probably better than what you posted (probably the reason why some people can't get it to work lawlz) if I was able to finish the whole HG game, defeating Red and all. I suppose if people can't get to work the patches YOU posted, I should be nice enough to give some ALTERNATIVES so that people don't keep coming back to you, especially if you don't KNOW how to ANSWER them since YOU didn't MAKE those patches you POSTED in the first place. :P

JohnBoy617

Pokémon Trainer
Years
And yet I still cannot save the game. Why is this happening to me? I'm using the roms you posted, Pokemon League Champion. I patched the english patch to it. I play it and I try to save. Still I don't see the little counter spinning.

What am I doing wrong? I'm tired of this annoying crap.

Years
Hmmm...
Am I the only one that is getting crashes after the 4th gym? I mean, I saved after I beat Morty, then closed the emulator (NO$GBA), and when I tried to continue it crashed to me immidietally. Anyone else having this problem?

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
I don't know if this belongs here, and if it doesn't, please tell me. :S

On to the problem at hand, I was messing around with the HGSS Pokesav Version 0.02 last Sunday, and I ticked the 'All Key Items' cheat. After that, I turned on my game and discovered that I had all the key items from Platinum and not Heart Gold. (xD...). Is there any way I can reverse/fix this and get my original Heart Gold key items back, or will I have to wait till the creator of the HGSS Pokesav to add in all the Heart Gold items? Since it's still generation IV (Heart Gold), I'm still able to use stuff like the Bike. But I lost important stuff like the Team Rocket keycards and whatnot. Great. D:

Halp...?

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years
I don't know if this belongs here, and if it doesn't, please tell me. :S

On to the problem at hand, I was messing around with the HGSS Pokesav Version 0.02 last Sunday, and I ticked the 'All Key Items' cheat. After that, I turned on my game and discovered that I had all the key items from Platinum and not Heart Gold. (xD...). Is there any way I can reverse/fix this and get my original Heart Gold key items back, or will I have to wait till the creator of the HGSS Pokesav to add in all the Heart Gold items? Since it's still generation IV (Heart Gold), I'm still able to use stuff like the Bike. But I lost important stuff like the Team Rocket keycards and whatnot. Great. D:

Halp...?

o.o I don't think it's possible however, you can remove those Platinum items that you added by modifying them and deleting them?

Did you back up your save file just in case, cause if you didn't you're going to have a lot of problems there. Either you restart or wait for a new version of Pokesav for HGSS to come out. I actually only use Pokesav for editing the stats of my Pokemon and giving me those items that can either be sold or discarded... I don't like messing with the Key Items since that Pokesav uses the engine D/P/Pt originally uses... DX

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
ml-bowser.png

Pweez, i'm stuck with this screen for 2 weeks now!
Anyone?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
No offense but your spelling and grammar is giving me a really bad headache.

The thread I linked not only translates the ROM but also fixes those areas that give you the black screen... along with some AR codes. I personally used this patch and it's probably better than what you posted (probably the reason why some people can't get it to work lawlz) if I was able to finish the whole HG game, defeating Red and all. I suppose if people can't get to work the patches YOU posted, I should be nice enough to give some ALTERNATIVES so that people don't keep coming back to you, especially if you don't KNOW how to ANSWER them since YOU didn't MAKE those patches you POSTED in the first place. :P
Um? The patch i posted stops all the freezing! theres only about 2 people who ive talked to who have had problems and everyone else arent have problems...
I just thought it would be faster then doing all that other stuff and for those people without action replays etc
So there! I dont know why you are being so rude but im only trying to help people, you cant critisise me for that? I know i never made them lol But i posted them here because no one on pokecommunity had, so i wanted to help and posted them here! Im sorry if it seems im being rude.

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years
Um? The patch i posted stops all the freezing! theres only about 2 people who ive talked to who have had problems and everyone else arent have problems...
I just thought it would be faster then doing all that other stuff and for those people without action replays etc
So there! I dont know why you are being so rude but im only trying to help people, you cant critisise me for that? I know i never made them lol But i posted them here because no one on pokecommunity had, so i wanted to help and posted them here! Im sorry if it seems im being rude.

Lol, me being rude? Yeah, maybe I was, but it's only because you yourself was being rude to people who can't seem to get the patch you linked working and even calling them ignorant people... :P

You want to know where those parts are... well, here they are, edit if you want but the Mods can still see through your edits...

forget the supid code and look at the patches i posted... you dont need a new rom unless its been patched before... geeze people are so ignorent these days

Why the hell do you keep calling them ignorant people when the problem is not the patch you gave but rather something else that keeps freezing or crashing their ROMs and as much as they try to explain it, you still keep on insisting the Clean ROMs, hmm?
---

And wtf are you talking about when it comes to Action Replays? no$GBA has its own cheats window where you can put your AR codes on, and majority of the people who uses flashcarts will eventually set up the AR codes in their own carts, so you're still going to use them eventually.

Criticize eh? Well if you didn't seem so rude when it comes to answering people's complaints, you'd probably never gotten anything from me in the first place... and possibly the reason why no one posted that patch you gave is probably because the one that first came out works for people who already tried it, don't you agree?

Oh yeah, your PM to me was amusing, you thought I was having problems with my game when clearly I wasn't. Stop assuming something that isn't true, okay?

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years
^ The guy above ya must have meant wrong thread. This is solely for the discussion of HGSS Emulation, not for other games. But if you're having problems with other games, its best to make a thread so that people can possibly help you from there... xD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back