• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I wasn't really sure whether Hearthstone actually counts as "tabletop gaming", because as far as I know it only exists as a video game and people don't really play it IRL, so it's not "tabletop" in the strictest sense. But it's still a card game, played on a simulated tabletop, so it kind of works here, I hope. :P

logo.png
    Hearthstone - the fast-paced strategy card game that's easy to learn and massively fun!

I already know of several PCers who play this game, but hopefully there are more of you out there, so let's talk Hearthstone! What class do you enjoy playing as most? Any interesting decks you'd like to share, or funny moments? Got a favorite/least favorite card? What do you think of this week's new Brawl so far, if you've tried it?

If you're looking for new friends to play against, feel free to leave your BattleTag as well!

Username
    Anivia
    Austin
    BreezerPlays
    Denrew
    Gengarghost28
    Golgari
    Juno
    tokyodrift
    Ullion
    zappyspiker

BattleTag
    Diamond#1149
    whitemage#1481
    BreezerPlays#1145
    Sinjcus#1939
    Aegislash53#1344
    Golgari#11873
    juno#1616
    Jongdae#11971
    Ullion#1986
    zappyspiker#1135

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • I currently main Mage but I really want to make a good Warrior deck :)

My tag is Golgari#11873 if anyone wants to add me

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I don't think I've played since before the first expansion/adventure-mode thing came out. But I loved playing as mage so much. I watch some of Day[9]'s decktackulars as well - mainly those where he uses mage. :P

I'm contemplating getting back into it, but getting new cards seems to take so long. :'(

If anyone wants my battle.net regardless - I am Ullion#1986

Years
  • I main Priest, but over the course of the year I'm going to switch to a different class. I don't play Wild at all, so when my beloved Blackrock Mountain gets phased out I won't be able to play Dragon Priest anymore ;_;

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Hearthstone is by far one of my most favourite games! I was kinda forced into playing it around when Naxx first came out, but somehow I ended up really loving it despite myself not so great at anything strategy related.

I've mained as a Shaman for a long time, so the latest expansion has be really beneficial for me. However I do love playing Warrior, Paladin, Mage and Druid just as much! Unfortunately I haven't been able to play my Druid as often since a lot of my cards in my combo druid (FoN, Keeper of the Grove etc.) got nerfed and I still haven't gotten the hang of my c'thun druid deck ;-;

Even though I've played for a while, I haven't really played much on ranked besides getting the monthly chest (so definitely not strong xD), but it would be awesome to find some new friends to play with c:

zappyspiker#1135

hearthstone games for GT14 xD

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Diamond#1149 is my tag [Americas]

I joined during Naxxramas, went on like a year-long hiatus (because hardly anyone I knew played it) before I realized that Hearthstone was now cool and in.

I main Warlock and Shaman. My current Standard decks are Renounce Darkness Zoolock (nicknamed NotLock xD), C'Thun Druid (my dreaming ends... your nightmare awakens...) and Midrange Shaman (totem-centric). Prior to WoToG I mained Paladin but not anymore, because I dislike N'Zoth (and Paladin generally was shafted in Standard).

Loved the Cloneball Brawl, mostly because I had cancerous combos like 3 Edwin Van Cleefs on turn one. :D And a board full of Mimiron's Head that eventually became mega thrusters~ XD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    hearthstone games for GT14 xD
    That can be arranged! I was actually thinking of doing one anyway, but I wasn't really sure how much interest there would be - even if it's fairly small (and I expect it to be), I'm submitting the idea anyway. :P Hope you guys think about participating!

Some additional details for what I'm planning, if anyone's interested -
    cp'd from my GT 14 post said:
    The event will likely run two different types of tournaments simultaneously, and players can join just one or both if they like - one will be a "grand tournament" for more experienced players, where players can use decks with any cards they like (including legendaries, rares, etc.) and a basic decks tournament that limits decks to common and free cards; that way, players who are fairly new to the game or just don't have a large collection of cards can participate without feeling like their chances of winning are lowered simply because they haven't opened many card packs. :)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Always been a Mage and Warlock person, though I also wanna get into Priest. I just love Shadowform for some reason. Maybe it's my fondness for aggressive and fast decks (which is why I like Zoolock quite a bit).

Favourite card? Fireball. Does exactly what it says on the tin! <3

Least favourite? I've grown a dislike for C'thun. The C'thun assisting cards are good as is, but the fact that they boost this 10 mana almost-surefire game finisher makes me sad. I usually know that if the enemy has a C'thun, I've just about lost.

Doesn't help that he constantly spouts crap towards me. Such a rude abomination.

Skip Class

Years
  • least favourite card for me is definitely Reno. Or more like frustrating. It's like, you're just about to kill your opponent, and out comes Reno ;-; Makes me want to throw my computer out the window.
    Also Flamewaker is a close second especially when you can't take it out early... rip board.

That can be arranged! I was actually thinking of doing one anyway, but I wasn't really sure how much interest there would be - even if it's fairly small (and I expect it to be), I'm submitting the idea anyway. :P Hope you guys think about participating!

Some additional details for what I'm planning, if anyone's interested -

Yay! This has me really excited - I'm definitely gonna be joining both! And especially adding in a basic/common deck tournament! Not only new people can play, but it'll be hella interesting trying to basic decks after playing with constructed decks for a long time xD Will the Grand tournament be wild or standard?

Years
  • whitemage#1481
    add me pls

I've had the most success with Mage and Paladin, although recently I've been doing alright with Warlock since I got Imp Gang Boss. Rogue and Priest are probably my least favorite classes to play.

Knife Juggler was my favorite card until they nerfed it ;( Now my favorite card is probably Flamewreathed Faceless (because who doesn't love a 4 mana 7/7).

Definitely participating in the GT tournaments, both of them sounds pretty fun. It's been a while since I've used basic cards so that'll be interesting.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    A card that I think is really good (but don't have) is Justicar Trueheart. I've been trying to make a good Warrior deck too and this would go well in Control Warrior.

I dislike (playing against) most of the League of Explorers legendaries - probably because I play against Austin a lot and he throws them in a lot of his decks, and I just find them super annoying to deal with (namely Reno and Rafaam). :P

I try to play most heroes evenly - I kind of just go on rotation with my heroes 'cause I get a little bored if I play many games with the same hero in a row, but I'd say my most played ones lately are Mage, Rogue, Warrior, Warlock and Priest, with Druid and Paladin seeing a little less play, then Shaman and Hunter at the very bottom. Not because I dislike any of the heroes I play less, just haven't really developed decent decks for them.
    Maybe it's my fondness for aggressive and fast decks
    Do you play Hunter much, then? It's one of my least played heroes mainly because I can't for the life of me make a good Hunter deck - even a basic Face Hunter finds a way to go horribly wrong every time, lol. I think it's the lack of reliable draws.
    Yay! This has me really excited - I'm definitely gonna be joining both! And especially adding in a basic/common deck tournament! Not only new people can play, but it'll be hella interesting trying to basic decks after playing with constructed decks for a long time xD Will the Grand tournament be wild or standard?

I'm not sure yet - what do you guys think? I only have a few GvG cards and no Naxx, so I had no reason to play on Wild since the different formats were introduced, but if anyone has stronger opinions than I do on which format we should go with, I'd like to hear it!

Another thing Austin asked me about was whether Common cards should be included in the basic tournament or not - I initially planned for them to be in so the available card pool would be a bit bigger, but he pointed a lot of really good cards are Common rarity too, so now I'm thinking I might just limit it to strictly free cards. Thoughts?

Also, added you guys to the OP to make adding friends easier!

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Reno decks sure are annoying AF to face and you've to be on the lookout to see if your opponent has only been playing one copy of each card (even so, some decks might play two copies of the same card given how they made it easier to tell when Reno is activate-able). Rafaam is way too slow and gimmicky for my liking but if the player survives to cast the 10 mana spell then GG.

Standard please!! Like Juno, I have very few Naxx and GvG cards.

Do free cards include those received from completing quests? Like Old Murk Eye before they changed it.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Do you play Hunter much, then? It's one of my least played heroes mainly because I can't for the life of me make a good Hunter deck - even a basic Face Hunter finds a way to go horribly wrong every time, lol. I think it's the lack of reliable draws.

You'd catch me playing something super gimmicky like Murloc Rogue before I even touch Hunter. It's my least favourite class :(

Nobody likes SMOrc

Skip Class

Years
  • Ugh Face Hunters are cancer to hearthstone. At least they're not much of a threat since the latest update and Aggro Shaman is the more preferred one.

I'm all good with Standard as well! Means I don't have to fix up my decks since I would've chucked my Sludge Belchers, Lotheb and Dr. Boom etc. back. I'm all good with just free cards as well!

Also today I got a Big Game Hunter in a pack which is really frustrating since I didn't have one before the nerf and now it's not used anymore/ I can't dust it for full price </3 rip my luck.

> am currently adding everyone who's on the original post c: because i don't have many friends xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Lmao, something Austin showed me yesterday - relevant:

Do free cards include those received from completing quests? Like Old Murk Eye before they changed it.
    Oh, I didn't even think of those. :P But I believe they are Wild format anyway, and we seem to be leaning towards Standard. I'd still say no, especially now that they aren't obtainable through quests - I was mainly referring to the basic cards that are already included in the collection from the beginning, and the ones earned through levelling. That does limit the cards we can use to 133 though, so I'm not really sure if that's a good idea or not, lol.
    Also today I got a Big Game Hunter in a pack which is really frustrating since I didn't have one before the nerf and now it's not used anymore/ I can't dust it for full price </3 rip my luck.
    IMO it's still a pretty decent card - it was just really good before, haha. I mean, 3 mana for a 4/2 and a big guy removal? :o

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Speaking of N'Zoth, I recently watched Trump play five or six N'Zoths against this poor Warrior, lol. He had two Shadowcasters already, but his original Xaril gave him two Bloodthistle Toxins, and then later the Xaril N'Zoth summoned gave him another Bloodthistle, all of which were used to return and replay N'Zoth. Amusing match. :D

Back