• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Does anybody know of a good moveset for an Umbreon? I have a female Umbreon and her current moves are Return, Confuse Ray, Faint Attack, and Mean Look. I've heard that Umbreon is a defensive Pokemon, but what do I do knowing that?! Please help!

Umbreon@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 S.DEF/ 6 Speed
    Careful Nature
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic / Heal Bell
    - Payback

Wish Support.

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    - Taunt
    - Toxic
    - Payback
    - Moonlight

Toxic support.

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    - Heal Bell
    - Moonlight
    - Toxic
    - Payback

Mixed support.

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    - Curse
    - Moonlight
    - Heal Bell
    - Payback

Curser.

Umbreon@Chople Berry / Leftovers
    252 HP / 92 SpD / 164 Spe
    Careful Nature
    - Moonlight / Wish
    - Mean Look / Curse
    - Baton Pass
    - Taunt / Toxic / Payback

Baton Passer.

So I'm trying to build a blastoise for competitive play heres its stats and stuff:

Blastoise Lvl 39 - Careful Nature
    HP 125, AT 80, DEF 93, SPATK 64, SP DEF 103, SPD 67
    Moveset:
    Surf
    Ice beam
    Toxic
    Protect

I feel like I need to add earthquake to counter electric types. Also, should I add rest? does anyone have any suggestions to make my blastoise better. Moveset suggestions ect.

Blastoise@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP / 176 Def / 20 Speed / 62 S.Def
    - Surf
    - Rapid Spin
    - Rest (can be uses with or without sleep talk in last slot)/ Roar / Foresight / Ice Beam / Toxic / Hidden Power Grass
    - Rest / Roar / Foresight / Ice Beam / Toxic / Hidden Power [Grass/Electric]

Basically. Surf for STAB and Rapid Spin is what toise does best.

Rest to heal and is effective with a Heal Bell/Aromatherapy user, Roar to rack up SR + Spikes damage, Foresight lets you spin on ghosts, Ice Beam nails Alataria and hits grass types coming in, Toxic just to annoy things with status and Hidden Power Grass or Electric to hit other water types, mainly sub Azumarril. Pick which one you want for your team.

Evs are simple really, 20 speed evs to beat Rhyperior, bold for physical bulk and the s.def evs let you switch into Blaziken and Moltres easier.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2010
    Umbreon@Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic / Heal Bell
    - Payback

Wish Support.

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    - Taunt
    - Toxic
    - Payback
    - Moonlight

Toxic support.

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    - Curse
    - Moonlight
    - Heal Bell
    - Payback

Curser.

Umbreon@Chople Berry / Leftovers
    252 HP / 92 SpD / 164 Spe
    Careful Nature
    - Moonlight / Wish
    - Mean Look / Curse
    - Baton Pass
    - Taunt / Toxic / Payback

Baton Passer.

Blastoise@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP / 176 Def / 20 Speed / 62 S.Def
    - Surf
    - Rapid Spin
    - Rest (can be uses with or without sleep talk in last slot)/ Roar / Foresight / Ice Beam / Toxic / Hidden Power Grass
    - Rest / Roar / Foresight / Ice Beam / Toxic / Hidden Power [Grass/Electric]

Basically. Surf for STAB and Rapid Spin is what toise does best.

Rest to heal and is effective with a Heal Bell/Aromatherapy user, Roar to rack up SR + Spikes damage, Foresight lets you spin on ghosts, Ice Beam nails Alataria and hits grass types coming in, Toxic just to annoy things with status and Hidden Power Grass or Electric to hit other water types, mainly sub Azumarril. Pick which one you want for your team.

Evs are simple really, 20 speed evs to beat Rhyperior, bold for physical bulk and the s.def evs let you switch into Blaziken and Moltres easier.

But if my blastoise has 87 Attack, ad 70 Special attack. Should I use Surf or Waterfall?
    Btw my blastoise has a careful nature and is lvl 40

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    But if my blastoise has 66 Attack, ad 86 Special attack. Should I use Surf or Waterfall?
    Btw my blastoise has a careful nature and is lvl 40

Id suggest re breeding since Careful really isnt a good nature and if you dont know its evs im sad to say its unusable competitive wise.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2010
    Do you have any squirtles to spare :(..

This is the only one i hav, and I can't breed it.

I really want a solid blastoise.. i wasted alot of tm's on it too..

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Can someone come up with a sort of defensive Venusaur set with Leech seed, block, and maybe synthesis.
    Bulky Venusaur is what you're looking for.

Venusaur @ Leftovers
    Nature : Bold
    EV : 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
    - Energy Ball / Leaf Storm
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Roar
    - Synthesis

Basically come in on stuff that it can wall well and Phaze out if necessary. Energy Ball / SBomb are basically to make stuff with and Synthesis is your form of recovery. Leaf Storm is if you really want to hurt something. You could try running some Speed EV's to outrun certain Pokemon, shift it from SpD. You can't really fit Block on this as Block really isn't of much use to Venusaur and Leech Seed can be useful, you could try it over Sludge Bomb or Energy Ball but the lost coverage hurts.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2010
    Question about training

Are pokemon trained with EXP share weaker, rather then pokemon who fight themselves to lvl up?

thanks

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bulky Venusaur is what you're looking for.

Venusaur @ Leftovers
    Nature : Bold
    EV : 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
    - Energy Ball / Leaf Storm
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Roar
    - Synthesis

Basically come in on stuff that it can wall well and Phaze out if necessary. Energy Ball / SBomb are basically to make stuff with and Synthesis is your form of recovery. Leaf Storm is if you really want to hurt something. You could try running some Speed EV's to outrun certain Pokemon, shift it from SpD. You can't really fit Block on this as Block really isn't of much use to Venusaur and Leech Seed can be useful, you could try it over Sludge Bomb or Energy Ball but the lost coverage hurts.

If you are using seed place it over Roar.

Do you have any squirtles to spare ..

This is the only one i hav, and I can't breed it.

I really want a solid blastoise.. i wasted alot of tm's on it too..

Breed it with a Ditto. Also you should never waste TM'S ingame.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
    Years
  • I do have the Toxic Orb for the Breloom. Ill go with Focus Punch, but Im gonna save spore for ahile.

Toxicroak L100
    Adamant
    Cross Chop
    Sucker Punch
    Taunt
    Swords Dance

I hate the way this has lack of damaging. Any suggestions?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I do have the Toxic Orb for the Breloom. Ill go with Focus Punch, but Im gonna save spore for ahile.
    Spore is really needed, a 100% accurate sleep inducing move too good to pass up. :P

Toxicroak L100
    Adamant
    Cross Chop
    Sucker Punch
    Taunt
    Swords Dance

I hate the way this has lack of damaging. Any suggestions?
    Looks solid, you could try Stone Edge instead of Taunt, but it makes you vulnerable to status, and Taunt helps force walls to attack you so you can Sucker Punch them.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Quick slotfiller for my Lopunny. Currently I have

Return
    Bounce
    Ice Punch
    Switcheroo

Return's there for obvious reasons, switcheroo is to sabotage pokemon with toxic orbs, and ice punch is for coverage. for replacing bounce, I'm torn between jump kick and fling. fling means i can give her an iron ball and klutz will negate the speed decrease, but jump kick gives her a chance against steel types (the possible crash is worth it). by the way she's adamant and completely EV'd in attack so forget about special moves. i've also considered mirror coat..

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Quick slotfiller for my Lopunny. Currently I have

Return
    Bounce
    Ice Punch
    Switcheroo

Return's there for obvious reasons, switcheroo is to sabotage pokemon with toxic orbs, and ice punch is for coverage. for replacing bounce, I'm torn between jump kick and fling. fling means i can give her an iron ball and klutz will negate the speed decrease, but jump kick gives her a chance against steel types (the possible crash is worth it). by the way she's adamant and completely EV'd in attack so forget about special moves. i've also considered mirror coat..
    I would think Fire Punch would be better to use instead of Ice Punch or Bounce, as it hits Steel-types who are immune to Toxic. I don't know if Bounce would work well, but eh, Magic Coat, Encore, Thunder Wave, etc would also be good options. Also, you can consider Choice Scarf as her item, and then use the opponent as set up fodder for one of your sweepers.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Ok, I think I figured out a better one.

Return
    Mirror Coat
    Fire Punch
    Switcheroo

i wish i figured this out before i used all my damn shards on ice punch >_x

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Quick slotfiller for my Lopunny. Currently I have

Return
    Bounce
    Ice Punch
    Switcheroo

Have Lopunny hold lagging tail, it cripples sweepers to the point of no return.

Darkhunter101

Ice Trainer
    Years
  • what about magikarp. you gain 1 speed ev?
    Yes, also, just look in the serebiidex as it lists what evs each pokemon gives.
    Also a couple of things of my own:
    312.png

Minun @ Focus Sash @ Timid
    252 Sp.A, 252 Spe, 4hp
    ~Nasty Plot
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~HP Ice
    ~Signal Beam/Grass Knot

Pretty much just a NU Nasty Plot Sweeper. Outspeeds nearly everything in NU that it wouldn't have to switch out of anyway. (i'm annoyed that Espeon made it down that far) Yay or Nay?

Another question i have is whether there is anything else apart from Uxie that has enough Def/Sp.Def to set up Dual Screen+Stealth Rock as a lead?

Last edited:
    Back