• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2015 Writing Blitz Challenge (discussion)

Bay

Years
  • 2015 Writing Blitz Discussion Thread!
    (Challenge June 1st to July 1st)​

And here's the discussion thread! Use this to:

• ask questions about the Writing Blitz
    • talk about the progress you made on your project
    • talk about anything concerning the Blitz
    • ask for mini word wars
    • ask questions about your project's plot
    • go "WHY DID I SIGN UP FOR THIS!?" I'm sure all of us will react like that

If you came to this challenge a bit late, you can still sign up!

This can be considered similar to Random Writing Nonsense but with discussions related to the blitz. Have fun, and I wish all of you luck on your writing projects for this challenge!

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I recently just finished the entirety of Episode 1 for Dream Link Online. It's around 14k words. Now all there is to do is post it on the thread. Only problem is that its 14k words long and formatting everything (since I tend to do that in my writing.. alot) is a literal bitch and a half. Eh.. tommorow. I'll do it tommorow.

Only 3 more to go! I hate myself.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I am going to name my chapters with a pattern, but I am unsure on whether to name my chapters by saying The (word) and continue that all through the story. Should it be a title (of a person) like the first Chapter, "The Miner." Should the Chapter name be vague or precise?

Additionally, how do you feel about a character changing name in a third person perspective story. This change (I think) is clearly outlined.

Last edited:

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I recently just finished the entirety of Episode 1 for Dream Link Online. It's around 14k words. Now all there is to do is post it on the thread. Only problem is that its 14k words long and formatting everything (since I tend to do that in my writing.. alot) is a literal rattata and a half. Eh.. tommorow. I'll do it tommorow.

Only 3 more to go! I hate myself.

I usually format as I write to make sure I don't miss any italics or anything, but that's just me. :O

@Sir General: If it's outlined clearly, I don't see a problem. You might want to get a second opinion on the writing itself, though, just to make sure others agree. Chapter titles like "the bartender" or "the miner" remind me of a story with vignettes in it. Not sure if that helps or is your intention or not.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I've got this habit of doing long drafts in an A5 sized copybook whenever I commit to writing a story. Is that a bad habit to have? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, yesterday was a bust because I had taken ill, so I'm hoping to up the ante in the coming days.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I've got this habit of doing long drafts in an A5 sized copybook whenever I commit to writing a story. Is that a bad habit to have?
    If it's a bad habit, then it's one we share. I love the act of writing out a story longhand first before typing it. So I'll have pages and pages of paper scattered all over the place with various parts of a story on them.

What was really a bad habit is that I'd never type up those longhand drafts, and then I'd lose the papers (or throw them out), which means that I lost quite a few stories throughout the years.

But writing things out longhand on paper gives me more opportunities to write! Which I made use of today. While working an overnight shift, I had an hour-and-a-half to sit in a quiet dark office and write. I wrote a half-page on legal-sized paper. But I have a good start and time to keep working on things.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • WHY DID I SIGN UP FOR THIS?!

I haven't even fully decided what story I'm going to work on. I want something I know I can do without much issue, you know? D:

Also, I could never write out an actual story before typing it out. I get sidetracked at times, and my hand cramps up when I write for long periods of time too.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Well, ideas aren't coming for the story I want to work on, so I'm going with a short story idea that popped in my head, and revamping a short story I wrote a long time ago. I'm not sure on the word count, but I should have them up by the end of the month. It's been way too long since I've posted something.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Welp, I'm starting ten days late because I sort of forgot that I was going to Finland for a week and a half at the start of the month. WHOOPS. Hope everyone else is on track!

SetheKing

"Ignore him, for he...Yeah, he's dumb."
    Years
  • Don't know why I chose to do this the same month I was going to a convention, but whatever. Not gonna lie, have been feeling a bit reluctant about posting anything to do with my story due to not being so sure how well the community would respond to a tokusatsu story.

Nice to see I'm not the only one behind on their postings and writings of stuff while wondering just what the hell they got into.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I completed the rough draft of that short story I was talking about earlier. It's been forever since I've posted something, so I'm looking forward to getting a LoL fanfic and an original work on here this month.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I think I may have to back out of this. Recently I have taken on a load of Roleplays in the RPT and the load is crushing me. Not to mention I've (decided to work on an entry for) entered the NASUWT Arts and Minds Competition. I'm still writing at a constant speed. But I don't see any acceleration from partaking. Toodles. If I get guilty I might write a few chapters over two nights and reenter the competition later. But unfortunately, for the near future, this is my farewell (to the competition.)

Bay

Years
  • I think I may have to back out of this. Recently I have taken on a load of Roleplays in the RPT and the load is crushing me. Not to mention I've (decided to work on an entry for) entered the NASUWT Arts and Minds Competition. I'm still writing at a constant speed. But I don't see any acceleration from partaking. Toodles. If I get guilty I might write a few chapters over two nights and reenter the competition later. But unfortunately, for the near future, this is my farewell (to the competition.)

Hm, you want to perhaps have your goal be writing x words/entries/etc for your roleplays and NASUWT? I'm pretty flexible with this challenge as you can change it if you want midway through (I did that last year) and the writing doesn't have to be just fanfic and original fiction! If you decide you can't do the challenge anymore, though, then understandable.

Soooo, I originally was about to try a couple writing ideas for this challenge, but something happened unexpectedly that forced me to move to a new place. :x Been pretty busy with moving a lot of stuff, sorting, and other things that leaves me almost no time for writing. I'm still able to check the discussions here and looks like some people are making progress! For those that haven't yet, there's still some time left!

Years
  • I have a chapter and a half left for LEGEND, then the Epilogue and I'm done! First ever Pokemon fanfiction finished you guys.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I finished 2 out of the 3 parts of my challenge. I don't think I'll finish the third (a chapter of Flying in the Dark), simply because I want to focus on graduate school essays instead

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I completely failed this challenge. I stopped writing the fic I signed up with.

The reason being that I finally got past my writer's block and the lack of time issue that I was having with my main project. So I've written three pages of that in whatever free time I have. The other fic I had in mind when I signed up... I don't know where that notebook is.
    emot-saddowns.gif

Bay

Years
  • And the challenge is over!

Sorry for announcing this late, was distracted with other things and I forgot yesterday was the 1st. :x

Anyways, so what you guys think of this experience? Made any great progress (congrats again on finishing Through the Scope, Bardothren!)? Should we do this as an annual-semi annual thing? One idea I thought of a couple days ago is perhaps we can do a few of these each year, but in much shorter time frames. Perhaps a few shorter ones (lasting a week, for instance) instead of month long ones might be more ideal for you guys?

Years
  • We really should do this again, Bay; the blitz motivated me enough to complete my self-imposed challenge, which was to finish LEGEND, and it's amazing because LEGEND is now the first ever Pokemon fanfic that I've completed. All I have to do is finish editing on Word and I can then post the remaining chapters here.

Back