• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Knockouts-served hot

scizor007

Vengeance
Years
  • Ok,its been like ages since I posted my last RMT,and with Oppo and syndrome also posting RMTs these days,I decided to one myself,on Christmas eve,and that,too,in the form of a le good ol'Christmas Recipe :)

First,you need the Fire(er,sand in this case)-

248.png

Then take a suitable frying pan-

257.png

Then you need to spice it up-

530.png

Make it REALLY hot-

645.png

Add salt to taste-

91.png

Don't forget the dressing-

381.png

...and voila,there you have it-

91.png
    381.png
    248.png
    645.png
    530.png
    257.png

In-Depth analysis

91.png

----Cloyster----

Adamant nature(+Att,-SpA)
    Trait-Skill Link
    Item-White herb
    EVs-252 Att/252 Sp/4HP

~Shell Smash
    ~Icicle Spear
    ~Ice Shard
    ~Rock Blast

I've tried like 15 leads before I came up to this.Tried a Sash chomp initially,but a Ice-resist became a must-have with Mammo pwning 4 of my pokes and hence,this.Nothing much to say,really.Set up on any lead using SR,and proceed to sweep.Adamant for the "power",white herb for taking a Nattorei Power whip/Roob Mach punch.Also pretty handy in late-games,for stopping chomp,Mence,etc.Can get me a 6-0,provided there's no bulky Water/Steel.

381.png

----Latios----

Timid nature(+SpA,-Att)
    Trait-Levitate
    Item-Choice Specs
    EVs-252 SpA/252 Sp/4HP

~Draco Meteor
    ~Surf
    ~Psychic
    ~Hidden power(Fire)

"I come,I see,I kill."

That's pretty much what it does.This used to be LO nite for killing Froggys.But Ice beam owns that too easily;then I opted for a Yache nite and saw it lacks the power,along with Hurricane's horrible accuracy.Then came chomp,making this team an Ice shard troll bait Deluxe.Finally,i figured this'd suit my team the best,and hence its position.Moves are self-explanatory.HP fire for Nattorei,and believe me,it works.

248.png

----Tyranitar----

Trait-Sand Stream
    Item-Choice Band
    EVs-252 Att/168 Def/88 SpD

~Stone Edge
    ~Pursuit
    ~Crunch
    ~Fire Punch

With a monstrous 134 base Attack and a powerful STAB Stone Edge, Choice Band Tyranitar is easily one of the most devastating Pokemon in OU. STAB Stone Edge coming off of Tyranitar's massive 604 Attack is enough to break through even the toughest of OU's defensive Pokemon. Combine this with 100/110/100 defenses and Sand Stream's Special Defense boost, and Choice Band Tyranitar is a Pokemon who can switch in with ease and, once in play, punish the opponent with its devastating power.

Smogon's explanation says it all.The evs allow me to take a non-LO Chomp/Dory EQ at full hp(and I get to OHKO dory :] ).Fire punch basically for Natt,although I'm thinking of switching to Aqua tail.

645.png

----Landlos----

Trait-Sand Power
    Item-Life orb
    EVs-252 Att/252 Sp/4HP

~Swords Dance
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Earthquake
    ~Explosion

God,I love this thing.Sand power makes it unbelievably strong,EQ doing > 70% to virtually anything it hits.SE provides great coverage,along with the sand power boost.Explosion's pretty handy for killing Gliscor,aand a few others,especially when I'm not in SS.Usually rips apart anything slower (without Ice shard) in SS.

530.png

----Doryuuzu----

Trait-Sand Throw
    Item-Balloon
    EVs-252 Att/252 Sp/4HP

~Swords Dance
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Earthquake
    ~X-scissor

Nothing much to say here.550 speed,405 att makes it a fabulous end-game sweeper,as well as a pretty cool revenge killer in SS.Rapid spin suggestions- No thanks.I need X-scissor for Latios,Breloom,etc etc.

257.png

----Blaziken----

Trait-Speed Boost
    Item-Life orb
    EVs-252 Att/252 Sp/4HP

~Swords Dance
    ~Hi Jump Kick
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Protect

The "frying pan",as I call it,is probably one of the deadliest sweepers of this generation.One protect/SD ,and its usually gg(as long as Hi jump kick hits lol).No flare blitz,coz SE gives more coverage,allowing me to OHKO Mence,Gyra(with a boost),Nite etc.

Epilogue

..nothing really beats this team,other than retarded dumb hax...

Except he wasn't referring to mine lol.Anyway,this team's really good,and has taken me to #7 on PO ladder.As you've seen,the team does not rely solely on one pokemon,or the so-called "focus" of the team.All the members are capable of demolishing,and even 6-0 ing others.

By the way,if anyone's wondering what exactly is "retarded/dumb hax",here's a nice example from shoddy I won't forget-

Spoiler:

Anyway,as is the problem with most teams,this one's not devoid of weaknesses-

~Lack of "bulk"-only TTar can provide some bulk,and cloyster to certain extents,but the others are too frail.

~No resists-Have another look-4 pokes weak to water,giving bulky waters a field day.Of course Landlos usually OHKOs/does like 70-80% to the bulkiest waters,which are slower than it.TTar can get rid of starmie,with its bulk taking a LO hydro pump with ease.Scarf chomp and Mammoswine are potential threats as well,and its easy to understand why...

So,that's it,and as always,all sorts of suggestions,necessary changes, and feedback will be appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Happy Christmas.!

Ok Doryuuzu is good jolly so it can speed tie enemy Doryuuzu in the sand. Plus return hits more stuff than x-Scissor I think e.g. Gliscor, breloom (hits better than neutral x Scissor) etc. You also don't have much of a problem with Latias.

Latias works well with trick to ruin walls that switch in e.g. Blissey, I'd say use it over surf/psychic. If not psychic, swap that for psycho shock to hit blissey instead.

Cloyster works well with focus sash aswell, but its kinda preference to what you use, as both can be better in different situations. I notice you are pretty weak to shell smash Cloyster yourself, so priority would be a good addition, not sure when to put that in though.

Like your "team building process" :D

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years
  • Happy Christmas.!

Same to you bro :)

Yeah thanks for the return suggestion on Dory,and psycho shock is better on Lati.On cloyster though,I don't see why I should keep a sash,with the chances of running into a SS team is more than that of jirachi getting paraflinch hax.Besides,I'm running a SS team myself.Thanks anyway for the suggestions.

Like your "team building process" :D

thanks ^^.

EDIT:

Latias works well with trick to ruin walls that switch in e.g. Blissey, I'd say use it over surf/psychic. If not psychic, swap that for psycho shock to hit blissey instead

Its LatiOs lol :)

Back