• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2017
I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't find it...

Undeneith one of my strings, is a blank line before the next, as usual. However, when I compile, it says "Uknown Keyword "ST" on line 80". But line 80 is 100% blank.

Any solutions?

Years
I made a script.. but it freezes every time i walk on it. I opened and checked if it was there and it was. (I am using trhe hacked firered engine) I went and used a multichoice box and I'm not sure what's going wrong.

Spoiler:

I dont get what's going wrong.
NOTE : those bottom two pointers are not in the script! I need help adding them so when you click an option in the choicebox it will go to that pointer.

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
Fire Red
XSE
Movement and speech
Spoiler:

I know I am missing a few waitmovements, that is so they will follow each other.

The dialouge works fine, but the sprites won't move. I tried a few things, like checking the people number, made sure the variables are right, and checked my movements.

I made a script.. but it freezes every time i walk on it. I opened and checked if it was there and it was. (I am using trhe hacked firered engine) I went and used a multichoice box and I'm not sure what's going wrong.

Spoiler:

I dont get what's going wrong.
NOTE : those bottom two pointers are not in the script! I need help adding them so when you click an option in the choicebox it will go to that pointer.

On A-map, did you enter 0003 in the unknown box and 4050 in the box marked var number?

Last edited by a moderator:

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
Years
Lately I've been trying to get into a little more advanced scripts (well more advanced than what I've done before at least). Anyways, when this script is stepped on, its supposed to trigger a person moving and a conversation. But when I step on the tile, the character can't move afterward. Am I missing a script line ?
Spoiler:

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
Lately I've been trying to get into a little more advanced scripts (well more advanced than what I've done before at least). Anyways, when this script is stepped on, its supposed to trigger a person moving and a conversation. But when I step on the tile, the character can't move afterward. Am I missing a script line ?
Spoiler:

At the end of the movements, you need #raw 0xFE for end movements.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I'm trying to build a script where an overworld follows the player throughout the map. So far, it is working, except for the fact that the player cannot interact with ANYTHING, so, in other words, the player can walk through walls, not read signs/talk to people or even use warps. Another bug in the script is that all animations (flowers/sea/etc) do not play until you move. Also, you cannot open the start menu, and I assume if you have registered an item to select it won't activate, as nothing else works, but I haven't tested this. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this up please do so!

Game: FireRed (U)
Type: Level Script (Script type 2 in AMap. Flag is 7001)
Script Editor: XSE
Script: (EDIT: Almost forgot to Add: Uses JPan's Fire Red Hacked Engine!)
Spoiler:

Media (Video):
Spoiler:
the reason this does not allow for anything else to happen is because the game is stuck in a loop checking for button presses, i'm sure that jpan has a workaround in his guide, but i didn't actually want this in mah hack, so i didn't look into it that closely.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Okay, so something for everyone here to remember: When you have a sprite walk to the player in a script, make sure that they're not offscreen... Destinedjagold set me right on this. So no more than four 0x10 movements, or the script won't work. And if the script applies movement, make sure the unknown in A-map is set to 0003 and the var number to 4050. Also, the moving sprite needs Unknown: 03, Movement: 11.

-GiЯ

Banned
Years
whats wrong with this i apply it to a clean rom at offset 800000 and i get some error at line 14 when i try to compile it

Code:
#dynamic 0x2D50FC
  #org @start
  lock
  checkflag 0x1000
  if b_true goto @released
  applymovement 0x01 @moveexclam
  waitmovement 0
  applymovement 0xFF @moveexclam
  waitmovement 0
  applymovement 0x01 @walktome
  waitmovement 0
  applymovement 0x01 @finishwalk
  waitmovement 0
  message @yourawake
  boxset 6
  applymovement 0x01 @computerroom
  waitmovement 0
  applymovement 0xFF @computerroom
  waitmovement 0
  message @pokemon
  boxset 6
  fanfare 0x13E
  setflag 0x828
  setflag 0x1001
  hidesprite 0x2
  givepokemon 151 8 0 0 0 0
  waitfanfare
  message @11
  boxset 2
  fanfare 0x13E
  message @22
  boxset 6
  setflag 0x829
  setflag 0x1002
  hidesprite 0x3
  special 0x16F
  waitfanfare
  message @goodluck
  boxset 6
  setflag 0x1000
  release
  end

#org @released
  release
  end

#org @11
  = Oh, and he also left this for you.

#org @22
  = You received a PokéDex!

#org @moveexclam
  #raw 0x63 0x62 0xFE

#org @walktome
  #raw 0x10  0xFE

#org @finishwalk
  #raw 0x11 0xFE

#org @computerroom
  #raw 0x12 0xFE

#org @yourawake
  = WORD
  #org @pokemon
  = Here \v\h01! this is your 1st POKEMON\nYour DAD wanted you to have it\lYou can start your journey now. YOUR TEXT

#org @goodluck
  = More Words

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
whats wrong with this i apply it to a clean rom at offset 800000 and i get some error at line 14 when i try to compile it

Code:
...stuff...

Did you update your XSE?
If so...
Code:
message @yourawake 0x6

boxsets don't exist anymore.

Years
Another scripting problem (Same script but more over the script is a problem.

Would this script be correct? I'm using XSE and since it's the Hacked Firered engine and i'm using a multichoice box I wanted to have it go to another pointer. It would freeze though if I had it after the special 0x20 or w/e. So I added it under #org @teddiursa and #org @geodude underneath the text that shows up. Here's the script for better info.

Spoiler:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Another scripting problem (Same script but more over the script is a problem.

Would this script be correct? I'm using XSE and since it's the Hacked Firered engine and i'm using a multichoice box I wanted to have it go to another pointer. It would freeze though if I had it after the special 0x20 or w/e. So I added it under #org @teddiursa and #org @geodude underneath the text that shows up. Here's the script for better info.

Spoiler:

Code:
#org @first
= Catch Teddiursa
[COLOR="Red"]if 0x1 goto @teddiursa
[/COLOR]
#org @second
= Catch Geodude
[COLOR="Red"]if 0x1 goto @geodude[/COLOR]
You can't put script in a string, it just won't work. Give it another try, and if you still need help PM me.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
Anyone know the FR/LG equal to the RSE command 0x8e?

It's different and I need it. :(

Years
Hey, I need some more help with a script that I was going to input.

The one with the asterisk
[*] is what I need help with I need it to check for the pokemon and then remove it if it's there but i'm not sure how or if it's possible D:

Spoiler:

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012

[*] is what I need help with I need it to check for the pokemon and then remove it if it's there but i'm not sure how or if it's possible D:

Spoiler:
Well, I don't know how to take Pokemon but you can use this to check:
Spoiler:

It should be noted that Diegoisawesome was the one who wrote this, not me.

Years
Well, I don't know how to take Pokemon but you can use this to check:
Spoiler:

It should be noted that Diegoisawesome was the one who wrote this, not me.

Ah thanks! I didn't really read the specials on the tutorial.. My bad D:

I might try and find an alternative then if you can't take pokemon..

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years

Spoiler:
Thethethe created an asm routine that takes a pokemon from the party.

arpeejajo

King Of Muay Thai
Years
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x34EB8C
lockall
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x834EBC6
waitmovement 0x0
releaseall
end

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x34EBC6
#raw 0x62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
#raw 0x2F 'Face Left (Delayed)
#raw 0x30 'Face Right (Delayed)
#raw 0x2E 'Face Up (Delayed)
#raw 0x2D 'Face Down (Delayed)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
Okay so the code looks like it should work and the Unknown is 0003. What does the Variable Number need to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back