• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
oh thanks dshayabusa , i knew that there should be separate empty offsets for both the graphic and the palette, but i just realized the importance of having only 16 colours in the palette. I have try to change my image to 16 colours thru irfanview, but to no avail. What graphic editing software that can be used to adjust the image and palette accordingly to 16 colours? Is GIMP good enuff?

Last edited:

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
Years
I'm not 100% sure. I think it should be possible if your script has you reload your current map, but with different sprites for the protagonist. However, if you want this to last over the course of game and not just one section, I can't help you there.

hmm.... that might be a problem. i had intended it so that in the final story thing (it's a ruby hack so it;d be the same time as the battle with groudon) that your character find out he's really a latios or something and continue the game as one. I i can't manage that, then i might have to signifigantly alter the storyline...

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
I'm trying to add Diamond/Pearl pokemon to a Firered Rom, but instead of finding 25 ?? spaces in UNLZ, there are only two. How do I fix this problem?

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
Whenever I try to replace the charizard on the titlescreens' palette with a deoxys's palette, when I try to open the rom again, it says i need a BIOS file. What did I do wrong?

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
Whenever I try to replace the charizard on the titlescreens' palette with a deoxys's palette, when I try to open the rom again, it says i need a BIOS file. What did I do wrong?

I believe that's a problem with your emulator.

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
Years
I'm trying to add Diamond/Pearl pokemon to a Firered Rom, but instead of finding 25 ?? spaces in UNLZ, there are only two. How do I fix this problem?

In Unlz, it shows only two because those are the images the 25 glitch/unkown pokemon use. To actually see the 25 glitch/unkown pokemon use RS Ball and change the pointers to a different one with the image you want to use.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
Hi,

i'm trying to insert new pokemon into firered, i imported the sprites with unlz-gba
and i opened rsball to change the offsets so my sprite apears, it goed great with
my front sprite, but when i try to open the backsprites it says it is not specified in
the ini, does anyone have good inis?

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2011
Hello.

How do I change the encounter rates of Pokemon in Ruby? I don't ant to add a new one to the area, just change how often they appear.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
In Unlz, it shows only two because those are the images the 25 glitch/unkown pokemon use. To actually see the 25 glitch/unkown pokemon use RS Ball and change the pointers to a different one with the image you want to use.

Should I put the images into UNLZ first, and where?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I don't think there is any tutorials for your desire, though... :\

Also, I think it's possible to add new flight positions through Advance Hacking...

Shadowz

Among the Shadowz...
Years
How do i insert a script into a game. i've got one is this alright
Code:
#org $start
lock
faceplayer
message $Hello, welcome to Pokemon World
$Hello, welcome to Pokemon World 1 =
boxset 6
release
end

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
How do i insert a script into a game. i've got one is this alright
Code:
#org $start
lock
faceplayer
message $Hello, welcome to Pokemon World
$Hello, welcome to Pokemon World 1 =
boxset 6
release
end

Here I fixed it for you!

Code:
#ORG $start
lock
faceplayer
message $hello
boxset 6
release
end

#org $hello
$hello 1 = Welcome to the world of POKéMON!

To insert the script, download Pokescript, then use a tutorial on how to insert scripts.[/
B]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back