• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever go back to old Pokemon games

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
Years
  • Right now I'm only using X/Y for wi-fi battles so I pretty much only exclusively play the older titles. I've been finding myself playing Emerald and Silver a lot lately.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • There's no way someone doesn't go back to play a previous Pokemon gen. Especially the earlier generations. Nostalgia is a weird feeling, and works in mysterious ways.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yes, certainly. It can be fun to go back and try a monotype run, personally, for the challenge on top of reliving past games (including favourites like HGSS :) ), and also getting to try other Pokemon I haven't touched before as a result.

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
  • To be honest I go back to old pokemon games I have every pokemon game on the handhelds the reason why it brings back old Memories for playing 3rd gen I was young I got my GBA first game was ruby and I love the music even when diamond and peal game out I was still enjoying ruby the music in that game was the best and peaceful maybe you guys think another pokemon game is better but ruby brang back childhood Memories

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • there's been times i've been wanting to go back and play on my copies of crystal, yellow, and fire red. xD there's nothing like 8-bit music. 2nd gen has some of my favorite tunes ever. i haven't played 3rd or 4th gen at all, but i can't wait to get my hands on alpha sapphire :3 and i'm still legendary catching on black2 so i can't say i'm done with that just yet.

Years
  • All the time. It's not uncommon for me to run back through some of my favorites (SoulSilver in particular) just to replay the main story and have another completed team in my box. Great fun, wonderful time-killer for traveling. Gets even better when you start imposing self-challenges.

Except Nuzlocke. Never again.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Yeah, I tend to go back to the older games simply for the sake of nostalgia. I've been meaning to go back and play my SS again, but ehh, haven't been able to do so! When I have some time in my hands again I'll pick up my emulator and play Red. <3

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Constantly although I have not gone back to first gen 2nd gen recently I go back to emerald leaf green very often doing nuzlockes taking a new challenge and the battle frontier is a great challenge and is specific to only those games although sometimes I wish the new pokemon were in it BUT THATS WHY WE GOT ORAS SOON!!!

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • All the time. I get into various game kicks and play only that game/game series for a while before moving on to another. One day it might be catching them all in Yellow, the next I'm playing the story in Ruby. There are times when my kick isn't Pokemon at all, but I always come back to it.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Well I'm still playing Crystal, I started when it came out and stopped playing for many years. Recently I went back in and beat the Indigo Plateau, I also finally caught Lugia, without a master ball. I'm up to the final Kanto gym battle.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I never go back and replay a old Pokemon game. As soon as the next generation/remakes comes out I put my old games in my Pokemon room on a shelf and start with the new ones.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • Currently the only Pokemon game cartridge I own is Pokemon X, which is rather depressing considering I know I've owned them all at one period or another in my life.

That being said, I have gone back and replayed Gold through various means during my final year at high school in I.T class (spent a year periodically on that game, completed aced it time after time after time). Don't think I'd ever be able to do that now, though. Might pick up Black/White and Black2/White2 eventually and actually get around to playing and beating them (never played either of them in my entire life).

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2014
    I downloaded the emulators for my computer a while back and have managed to play the original RBY series at least once a semester. It's a great way to get through lecture classes!

Years
  • Definitely! Sometimes I run through each generation and try to beat every game as fast as I can or try and catch every single pokemon in every game!

pkmin3033

Every now and then I'll restart a Pokemon game, once I've shifted everything I want to keep off it and onto one of my other games. Since I tend to get both games and my mother plays them as well, we have "master files" that have all our valuables on them. Third gen was Ruby, fourth gen is Diamond, fifth is Black 2, sixth is X. We can restart any games we want except those ones.

Years
  • I haven't played anything beyond Generation 3's games, but I love FR/LG. Nostalgia city. I might play Emerald again. Haven't decided yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back