• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Darkness Falls~ *Dark Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years

• Dark Type Pokemon of The Week

skuntank.jpg

Skunktank
    The Skunk Pokémon. It sprays a vile-smelling fluid from the tip of its tail to attack. Its range is over 160 feet.It sprays a stinky fluid from its tail. The fluid smells worse the longer it is allowed to fester.It attacks by spraying a horribly smelly fluid from the tip of its tail. Attacks from above confound it. The stench dulls after a few squirts.

Possible Questions:
    What are your overall thoughts on Skunktank?
    Have you ever Skunktank in-game or competitively?
    Whats your overall thoughts on its design?
    If you could change Skunktankin any way what would you change?
    Does he make for a good dark type?
    Other thoughts?

Ya idk how i forgot him but i did and hes one of the few pokemon that we havent done for POTW. Anyways im quite happy with the move of the week so i think we'll stick with it and also next week should be a pokemon comparison and should be right on time and not a day late haha.

Also for dark pulse i would say I love the move and its pretty well created (i also love its animation in gen 4) Id like to see some more added on effects maybe confusion or paralysis from just how scary it is and id like to give its power +10 just to give it that extra power but as Otamajakushi said with the Mega Launcher ability that might be a bit off the charts haha

Oh and ya ill be answering the topic at hand for now on as well cause idk somehow ive been forgetting to do that xD

also by the way if you used it in game did you use it with flamethrower? Cause that is freaking cool

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    What are your overall thoughts on Skunktank?
    I love Stunky, the typing is also unique for the whole line and Drapion.
    Have you ever Skunktank in-game or competitively?
    Neither, I'm not a fan of its stats. Its moveset is rather limited as well.
    Let's just say it could be better.
    If you could change Skunktankin any way what would you change?
    The design, the stats.
    Does he make for a good dark type?
    Not really, at least not as good as Houndoom. I believe it acts as a supporter, so the comparison might not be fair though.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Have you ever used Skunktank in-game or competitively?

Yes, I have. It was kind if great, especially because it has Flamethrower in its arsenal, but it seems a little outclassed compared to other Poison- and Dark-types.

What are your overall thoughts on its design?

The most smug look a Pokémon would have. Sorry, Snivy, but Skuntank has a better face than you. I mean, this face is the meaning of dark, especially because it either looks like an emo or a gangster.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • POTW: Skuntank
    I like it because of its unique typing, but that's about the only part. I used it for a bit on my team in Pokémon Diamond because I was like OMG IT LEARNS FLAMETHROWER THAT'S AWESOME. But well... its special attack stat is meh.
    Speaking of its base stats, it's not really a tank as the Pokémon's name suggests, so that might be up for a change. With Toxic, Taunt, Foul Play and only one weakness it'd be perfect as staller!
    Another note: I only just noticed it's actually Skuntank and not Skunktank. I've been spelling it wrong forever. (And it looks like I'm not the only one.)

By the way Dedenne, you said you were going to notify me. I didn't get any. :(

Dedenne1

Years
  • POTW: Skuntank
    I like it because of its unique typing, but that's about the only part. I used it for a bit on my team in Pokémon Diamond because I was like OMG IT LEARNS FLAMETHROWER THAT'S AWESOME. But well... its special attack stat is meh.
    Speaking of its base stats, it's not really a tank as the Pokémon's name suggests, so that might be up for a change. With Toxic, Taunt, Foul Play and only one weakness it'd be perfect as staller!
    Another note: I only just noticed it's actually Skuntank and not Skunktank. I've been spelling it wrong forever. (And it looks like I'm not the only one.)

By the way Dedenne, you said you were going to notify me. I didn't get any. :(

:O omg sorry ill fix it haha

AkioMoto

Seer of Ledian's true power!
    Years
  • Name: AkioMoto
    Why I love dark types: Because it's a weird type that's fun to work with also the mere existence of Scrafty with moxie
    Pokémon partners:
    Scrafty
    560.png

Weavile
    461.png

Bisharp
    625.png

Favorite Dark type: Scrafty honestly give me clothes that vaguely resemble Scrafty and I'd look just like it also moxie hehehehe >:)

TheRusty

The Dragon Master
    Years
  • What are your overall thoughts on Skunktank? Hmmm... Cool design, but there are some better ones
    Have you ever used Skunktank in-game or competitively? No, I've not
    Whats your overall thoughts on its design?The hair over its body looks really good, but the rest for me is just normal.
    Does he make for a good dark type? No, not really. I don't know why, but for me, it could have been pure Poison too

AkioMoto

Years
  • I don't really like stuntank's design no specific reason for it I just don't
    I've just prefured other dark types to it so I don't use it
    I do like the colors for it, it just screams poison skunk
    There are better dark types (like Weavile)

Dedenne1

Years

• Dark Type Bi-Monthly Showcase
    6EQteUu.png
    DdlLhJp.png

Hydreigon vs. Greninja

Hydreigon, The Brutal Pokémon. It responds to movement by attacking. This scary, three-headed Pokémon devours everything in its path! The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything.This brutal Pokémon travels the skies on its six wings. Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack.
    Greninja, The Ninja Pokémon. It creates throwing stars out of compressed water. When it spins them and throws them at high speed, these stars can split metal in two. It appears and vanishes with a ninja's grace. It toys with its enemies using swift movements, while slicing them with throwing stars of sharpest water.

Coding is broken here dont mind me (if you see me say something)
    Lets Compare!

Which dark type do you think has the best design and why?
    Who do you think might win in a battle?
    In your opinion do you think one is better than the other? Why? Are there specific moves that one can learn that may give them the advantage? Or does one just clearly have better stats?
    Which one is your overall favorite and why?
    Which type combinations do you like best? Dark/Water or Dragon/Dark?
    Other Thoughts?

Comparison Time! Next week should be a move of the week but first...

MANDATORY FEEDBACK QUESTIONS
    Not really mandatory...

So guys as some may know I always like feedback from members of the club and I know I've been a bit busy but i wanna know everyone's thoughts. Feel free to go into as much or as little detail as possible but here's just a couple points I'd like to chat about:
    Do you like the POTW's, Pokemon Showcases and Moves of the Week's? Can they be improved?
    Is there any events you'd like to see the club hold as a whole such as in game challenges or dark type tournaments, etc.
    Would you like to see a point system implemented in which you are rewarded for posts etc. What rewards would you like to see? (I can do shiny pokemon)
    Thoughts on the overall presentation of the club? (css, opening post, member list, etc.)
    And whatever else you guys would like to talk about I know there's always room for improvement and I wanna keep the Dark Type Club going strong till the end of time for a long long time.
    Thanks for taking the time to give feedback!

Name: AkioMoto
    Why I love dark types: Because it's a weird type that's fun to work with also the mere existence of Scrafty with moxie
    Pokémon partners:
    Scrafty
    560.png

Weavile
    461.png

Bisharp
    625.png

Favorite Dark type: Scrafty honestly give me clothes that vaguely resemble Scrafty and I'd look just like it also moxie hehehehe >:)
    Whoo welcome to the club man! Omg i love weavile he's one of my personal favorites due to his cool ice/dark combination (no pun intended). Anyways welcome and I'll add you to the member list now feel free to discuss the current topics! Edit: oh ya btw would you like quote notifications?

Reactions: Sun

Killua

I answer another tim also i saw the broken coding text will edit late ok and write the answer.

AkioMoto

Years
  • Whoo welcome to the club man! Omg i love weavile he's one of my personal favorites due to his cool ice/dark combination (no pun intended). Anyways welcome and I'll add you to the member list now feel free to discuss the current topics! Edit: oh ya btw would you like quote notifications?

Sure but I don't really know what quote notifications are

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll answer the question in this on so I avoid double posting
    Honestly I can't decide between them I love both and have personal attachments to both.
    It could go ether way I'd say there evenly matched so it's up more to how they were raised.
    These are just to tough of choices to call for the rest of the questions I think there just to evenly matched here

Dedenne1

Years

• Dark Type Move of The Week

latest

Crunch
    The user crunches up the foe with sharp fangs. It may also lower the target's Defense stat.

Possible Questions:
    Would you say you teach your dark types this move alot?
    Overall opinion of the move?
    Should anything be changed about the move? (added effects, power higher, other stats increased?)
    Crunch or Foul Play? Which do you use more?
    Other thoughts?

Ya crunch is a relatively simple move but its used alot in battles as a powerful physical dark type move. So what are your guy's thoughts about it? I personally like it and use it on alot of my teams although i find myself using knock off more and i also prefer special attacking dark types like Zoroark as opposed to physical. Also feedback questions are above a couple posts feedback is appreciated or feel free to ignore them doesnt matter~

Sure but I don't really know what quote notifications are
    Theyre in the above spoiler it just notifies you via quote notification everytime theres a new topic ill add you in when the next topic rolls around next week since im already quoting you here :D

AkioMoto

Years

• Dark Type Move of The Week

latest

Crunch
    The user crunches up the foe with sharp fangs. It may also lower the target's Defense stat.

Possible Questions:
    Should anything be changed about the move? (added effects, power higher, other stats increased?)
    Other thoughts?

Ya crunch is a relatively simple move but its used alot in battles as a powerful physical dark type move. So what are your guy's thoughts about it? I personally like it and use it on alot of my teams although i find myself using knock off more and i also prefer special attacking dark types like Zoroark as opposed to physical. Also feedback questions are above a couple posts feedback is appreciated or feel free to ignore them doesnt matter~

To be honest like the move but it's a little bland Crunch is just a common move that is good on pretty much any Pokémon and does the job I personally like Payback, Punishment, and Night Slash so meh

Killua

not only dark pokes my old feraligatr and aerodactyl have it.

good and useful but really vanilla.

Should anything be changed about the move? (added effects, power higher, other stats increased?) 90 power

crunch

Other thoughts?

Like akiomoto said not very interesting, but it is very useful

Gilles de Rais

Abominable One
    Years
  • Well now, this seems interesting. I suppose I could Stride in.

Username: Gilles de Rais
    Nickname (optional): Abominable One
    Reason you love dark types: No world is without its heroes. What happens, then, when those heroes become the villains? We're the ones who keep them in check. Heroes wouldn't be heroes without an adversary, and if they're any less than their absolute best, they won't win.
    3 partner Pokemon (dex numbers appreciated): Absol, Malamar, and Spiritomb (359, 687, 442)
    Answer any current or past topic: Crunch is a good move, but I wish it was more likely to lower Defense than it already is. I'd teach it for the sake of power, but sometimes other moves are stronger, like Knock Off or Night Slash. I do use Crunch more than Foul Play, though, as the combination with Swagger's a bit of a pain.
    Would you like quote notifications (simply put you will be notified by use of quote when there is a new topic): Sure, thank you. You'll have to inform me if there's anything I need to do on my end for this to work.

LexAnarchy

Lunacy at its finest.
    Years

Username: LexAnarchy
    Reason you love dark types: I love almost all of them, with a few exceptions. Most of them are some of my favourite Pokemon. I can't help loving them, they're just plain badass.
    3 partner Pokemon (dex numbers appreciated): #274 Nuzleaf, #319 Sharpedo, #215 Sneazel
    Would you like quote notifications (simply put you will be notified by use of quote when there is a new topic): Sure thing.

Nah, not too many of my Pokes know Crunch.

Frankly speaking, Crunch is one of my least favourite dark type moves. I mean sure, it's got a lot of base power and has that chance to drop the foe's defense, but compared to other dark type moves like Knock Off, Snatch or Sucker Punch, which are pretty unique and therefore interesting moves, it just seems a bit boring to me.

Should anything be changed about the move? (added effects, power higher, other stats increased?

I'd rather see a chance of flinching the opponent instead of the potential defense drop, it just matches a dark move.

Neither of those are common moves on my Pokemon, but I think Foul Play takes the cake.

Other thoughts?

Pretty much what I stated above.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

Years

• Dark Type Pokemon of The Week

250px-228Houndour.png

Houndour
    The Dark Pokemon, Houndour hunt as a coordinated pack. They communicate with each other using a variety of cries to corner their prey. This Pokémon's remarkable teamwork is unparalleled.

Possible Questions:
    What are your overall thoughts on Houndour?
    Have you ever used Houndour in-game?
    If you could change Houndour in any way what would you change?
    Does he makes for a good dark type?
    Do you like his normal or shiny form better?
    Other thoughts?

Sorry for the delay guys been alittle sick with the flu and all but I'm getting better hehe and to celebrate I thought I'd showcase one of my favorite Dark types as the POTW. And seriously you gotta like that shiny form haha

Username: LexAnarchy
    Reason you love dark types: I love almost all of them, with a few exceptions. Most of them are some of my favourite Pokemon. I can't help loving them, they're just plain badass.
    3 partner Pokemon (dex numbers appreciated): #274 Nuzleaf, #319 Sharpedo, #215 Sneazel
    Would you like quote notifications (simply put you will be notified by use of quote when there is a new topic): Sure thing.

Welcome to the club I'll add you now and ya theyre super badass haha

Well now, this seems interesting. I suppose I could Stride in.

Username: Gilles de Rais
    Nickname (optional): Abominable One
    Reason you love dark types: No world is without its heroes. What happens, then, when those heroes become the villains? We're the ones who keep them in check. Heroes wouldn't be heroes without an adversary, and if they're any less than their absolute best, they won't win.
    3 partner Pokemon (dex numbers appreciated): Absol, Malamar, and Spiritomb (359, 687, 442)[/B]

Welcome welcome Ill add you now and ohhh Absol my second favorite dark type nice choice :3

LexAnarchy

Lunacy at its finest.
    Years
  • What are your overall thoughts on Houndour?

I find it sort of cute but intimidating at the same time. Definitely a cool Poke.

Have you ever used Houndour in-game?

Yes, yes I have. Get that Flash Fire on a swap and a Nasty Plot up and you're good to go.

It's awesome. I especially loved the design on the old Pokemon cards, it looked way more vicious back then.

If you could change Houndour in any way what would you change?

I wouldn't change it, like at all. It's perfect the way it is.

Does he makes for a good dark type?

Sure does. That unique typing combination is awesome too.

Normal form is absolutely top-notch. Although I have to admit his shiny isn't too bad either.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • What are your overall thoughts on Houndour?

Overall it makes a very good hound.

What are your overall thoughts on its design?

Love it. It's like a greyhound covered in armor.

Does it make for a good dark type?

Yes. Thanks to its Fire typing it doesn't have to deal with Bugs and Fairies as hardly as it has to.

Because green.

eonoflegend

The eon champion
    Years
  • Username: eonoflegend
    Nickname: eon
    3 partner pokemon: zoroark ( #571 ) umbreon ( #197 ) absol ( #359 )
    Reason I like dark types: I think that dark types have a lot more varied appearances then other types with nearly all dark types looking unique. I also like to use them in battles as their moves are a lot more fun to use then other types moves.
    Favorite dark type: Umbreon as I like the eeveelutions in general but I like the look of umbreons cool appearance.
    Would I like quote notifications: no thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back