• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AllStars Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
I've been inactive for nearly 2 years. But I'm back, and I have something to present to you as of my return:

bannerforthread-1.png

Introduction

Why hello there. Many of you might not exactly remember who I am... so I shall introduce myself again. My name is Flandre Scarlet, and I've been ROM hacking for about 5 years, more or less. However, I've taken breaks, and I've gone through a lot of tough things in life which eventually lead me to the point where I decided to quit ROM hacking in total. But, with school out of the way, a part-time job, and my life back on track, I've decided to start again, basically out of pure boredom! I've seen a lot of new research threads, new tools and some new ideas and such, which I think can be compiled together to form a nice ROM hack. So here's my attempt at that...

Storyline

Jirachi's power is vast, however... in the wrong hands, its power can be used for evil. And that's exactly what's going to happen.

Team Oni, an extremely evil Pokémon Organization, are capturing Pokémon, using them for evil experiments and slaughtering innocent ones. On the other hand, another Pokémon Organization by the name of Team Tenshi, are a small group of people protesting against Oni's actions.

Being completely outnumbered by Oni, Tenshi and its members are seeking talented trainers to aid them in their attempts to bring down Oni. By observing your battles, you are chosen to aid Tenshi in order to birng peace to the Pokémon world.

However, this is not enough. And one of Oni's bigger goals is, to capture the Pokémon, Jirachi, and use its enourmous powers to create a giant meteorite. With the help of Oni's Pokémon and Jirachi, the meteorite will be pulled within the Earth's atmosphere, and the region targeted... Kohoa. Your home, your region. Everything within Kohoa will be absolutely demolished, people, Pokémon, towns and cities, memorials, landmarks. Everything. There will be nothing but a baron wasteland for Pokémon to roam free and go feral.

Will Team Tenshi, you and your friends have enough willpower and strength to stop Team Oni's actions? Will you be able to release the Pokémon captured? And, more importantly, save Jirachi from the hands of evil? There's only one way to find out.

You'll meet new friends, encounter familiar faces, go through some tough times and obstacles, but life goes on and you must pull through.

Features

★ New Pokémon (from Sinnoh and Unova) are implemented. However, not all of them are. Pre-evolutions and evolutions of Pokémon from Gen 1-3 are in this hack, though.

★ Music from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, Pokémon Black and White, and Golden Sun and Golden Sun: TLA.

★ Some new tiles. I've kept some of the original FireRed/LeafGreen tiles to make the game Nintendo-esque. Oh, and some different palettes, too.

★ New evil organisations, and a new plot. Some familiar faces, such as Lucas, Rowan and many other existing characters within the Pokémon franchise.

★ Updated graphics. This includes new battle backgrounds, new text boxes, DPPt/BW sprites and much more.

★ Some new spin-off events, which include battling/capturing Legendary Pokémon and some new Pokémon that were in the series, but not included within games.

★ And many other little new features that aren't really worth mentioning. But you'll figure those out within the game!

Media

Pokemon-FireRed_09.png
Pokemon-FireRed_11.png
Pokemon-FireRed_23.png

Pokemon-FireRed_34.png
Pokemon-FireRed_13.png
Pokemon-FireRed_17.png

Pokemon-FireRed_19.png
Pokemon-FireRed_04.png
Pokemon-FireRed_05.png

Pokemon-FireRed_09.png
Pokemon-FireRed_02.png
Pokemon-FireRed_07.png

Pokemon-FireRed_01-1.png
Pokemon-FireRed_07-1.png
Pokemon-FireRed_08-1.png

Pokemon-FireRed_02-1.png
Pokemon-FireRed_03-1.png
Pokemon-FireRed_04-1.png

Pokemon-FireRed_10.png
Pokemon-FireRed_12.png
Pokemon-FireRed_11-1.png

Pokemon-FireRed_13.png
Pokemon-FireRed_14.png
Pokemon-FireRed_15.png

Progress Report

★ Game Engine: 90%
- A few more things have to be done. Such as, stats for Pokemon, cries, more sprites, music, graphics...and more. I want to work on the engine as much as possible before I move onto main maps and events.

- (18/9/13) Update. A few more sprites, cries, icons and movesets need to be adjusted.

★ Scripts: 20%
- I've scripted the gym of Hayley's, trainers, and her dialogue script. Her team has also been constructed, as well as her puzzle for her gym. The only other scripts I've done are the encounters in the starter town, and a few scripts with your mother.

- (18/9/13) Update. Scripted entirely up to Ebonee City.

★ Maps: 20%
- Two cities have been mapped along with the starter town, and 2 Routes have been mapped. A few caves have been mapped as well, along with the professor's lab, and Hayley's gym. Still a long way to go until 100%, obviously...

- (18/9/13) Update. Mapped up to Ebonee Mine, started on Route 4.

★ Other misc stuff: 25%
- A lot things still have to be done, like spriting OWs and trainers and such. The male has been completely sprited, his OW, front sprite, intro sprite and back sprite, but the female has not. So there is still a lot of things to do.

- (18/9/13) Update. Started female.
★ Bugs?
- Well, no. Not as of yet, only because there are very few things that have been implemented! But I'm sure bugs will arise in the future. I've made plenty of backups after each "major procedure", such as music inserts, Pokemon inserts... And so forth, just so I can guarantee that if I go wrong somewhere, I can just easily start again from where I last backed up.

Credits

★ Jambo51 (and DoesntKnowHowToPlay) - For his ASM routines, such as the custom trainer battle music, encounter music, player facing trainer fix and the Move table split, and DoesntKnowHowToPlay for his Move table split patch. Also, Mastermind_X for his "two different music in one event" routine.

★ Darthatron - For many of his contributions to the hacking community, such as his physical/special/status images in the Pokemon status screen, and his repel patch which allows the player to use another one if you run out (if you have another one in your bag).

★ Chaos Rush - For some of his work, like Tiles and his 64x64 sprite resource is amazing, so I've used a few sprites from there.

★ Alistair, Calis Project - For the tiles that are used in this game, namely, the Mushroom and little weeds and from Alistair and the mountain and lake tiles are from Calis Project.

★ Marnic - The base of the GSC hero, from Spriters-Resource, which I heavily modified to make the Hero's backsprite.

★ Tool Makers - For the tools which I've used to make this hack, Lu-Ho, HackMew... The list goes on I just don't want to name them all, but you know who you are!

★ If I have forgotten anybody - Please let me know! I don't like leaving people out, so if you see anything or know anything that I've used that belongs to you or somebody else, please post or PM me and I'll add you here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Looks great, glad to see you returning to hacking. :) Those pools (and the rest of those tiles) look amazing. There are a few problems with the tree shading though, in the 2nd and 4th pictures. Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
This looks awesome. This stands out to me because it actually has a sense of being a new game rather than some noob hack with unchanged player sprites, haha. I can see from the screens alone that effort has been put in. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Years
To me it seems like some of the tiles don't go together like the water for example looks better quality than the surronding tiles. But I may play the beta or alpha when it's released

Aemirch

Hobbler
Years
To me it seems like some of the tiles don't go together like the water for example looks better quality than the surronding tiles. But I may play the beta or alpha when it's released
This, the palettes don't really blend in. Also, the male backsprite is a bit rough, I think you could polish it some more. Good luck with this project, as I remember, you have attempted to finish a hack several times.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Great to see you're back!!
Love your last hack, though it was never released.

This one looks good, screenshots and story.

I like the music being put into it.
Golden Sun <3

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Ah nice to you hacking again! What you've shown so far looks amazing!

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Awesome hack, Flandre! I really, really like the Fire Red styled tiles! :3
The water palette doesn't match with Fire Red style imo.
Well, hope you finish this! :D

• Rizon

Years
This, the palettes don't really blend in. Also, the male backsprite is a bit rough, I think you could polish it some more. Good luck with this project, as I remember, you have attempted to finish a hack several times.

Yup, it just doesn't look proper but I can live with that. The gameplay still might be good.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
Thank you everyone for your kind comments! I will try to work on the tiles and palettes later in the future, but for now I will leave them as they are not my priority right now. But I will definitely try to work on them. As for now, I've scripted 3 main events in the starter town, the Lucas encounter (hero from Diamond/Pearl) and the Rival battle (in his house after you receive your first Pokémon. But, I won't show the screenshots of the rival battle as his sprites have not been changed and are still the default Gary Oak sprites. But here are some screenshots of the Lucas and Professor event.

Pokemon-FireRed_23.png
Pokemon-FireRed_24.png
Pokemon-FireRed_33.png
Pokemon-FireRed_34.png

(the Bill OW is subject to change, as well.)

Spoiler:

The dialogues are a lot longer, it's just I didn't want to particularly screenshot every bit of text, so... I suppose you'll read it in full when I release an alpha/beta.
As for credits, I would like to give credit to Kyledove for the Lucas sprite, which I've edited to make him a little less short (hahaha) and Zunex for Lucas' overworld sprite.

Cheers guys!
P.S I will also try to make a support banner, but anyone is welcome to make one for me. :)

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
New screens look good.
SOmething bugs me about the Player's OW.
It looks like a mere recolor of a Youngster from FR.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
New screens look good.
SOmething bugs me about the Player's OW.
It looks like a mere recolor of a Youngster from FR.

Thanks, and yeah, that's all it basically is. I just recoloured it and slapped a bag on him. It resembles, so it will do for now. OW spriting was never my forte, so that's why it's not as good as it should be. I can try and re-do it later on.

So I have some new screenshots, I've been mapping a lot recently and just general bug fixing. I've been working more on the engine, and thanks to ipatix' Emerald DPPt Soundfont patch, I've ported that over to FireRed so I can use some songs from the 4th gen games.

Slowly coming up to an alpha release, I've scripted an event which takes place in Osiris City, the City next to Riftower. There is no Gym Leader here, but instead a museum. Take a look:

Pokemon-FireRed_04.png
Pokemon-FireRed_05.png

Pokemon-FireRed_06.png
Pokemon-FireRed_08.png

Also, I've updated the trainer sprites and implemented some new Pokémon, along with a change of Mountain tile, it's a mountain tile that's already within FireRed, I've just decided to use that.

Pokemon-FireRed_09.png
Pokemon-FireRed_02.png
Pokemon-FireRed_07.png

And one more thing, I have a little sneak-peak video of the 1st Gym Leader battle within the game. I've updated her sprite so she looks a little less disproportionate. I've also used the Gym Leader battle music from HG/SS, it took me a while to change the instruments over to the DPPt Format, but I still think it turned out pretty good. The video also reveals her Pokémon Lineup.

P.S: For anyone who cares, I'm going to be updating the first post with these updated screenshots when I can get around to doing so (knowing me, lazy as usual, probably not for a while)

Enjoy :) (also if you notice something which I have not given credit for, please tell me.)

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
The hack's looking good so far, the tiles and everything are wonderful. The player sprite actually looks pretty nice to me, but something doesn't seem right about Lucas's sprite in the second picture. The hat looks a little bigger than it does in the other sprites. It's also pretty nice to see another hack using custom music. It really separates the hack from the original game, in my opinion.

On that subject, how'd you go about porting the soundfont patch from Emerald to Firered? I've been using some DP music in my hack, but I've been shoehorning the music into Firered voice groups. xD

Edit: Nevermind, figured out how to do this myself. :)

Last edited:

Riansky

Purr
Years
This is Sempiternal!

Looks great buddy! I'm not really a big fan of rom hack but this one really cought my eyes. Good job on tiles and mapping also! Looking forward!

Superemon

EmDee
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2017
love the story line, and everything else
trying to make a hack like this also, need lots of patience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back