• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

== Intense Intents in Tents | The Antagonist's Club ==

Which of the Villainous Teams is Your Favourite?

• Total voters
Years
  • Which villainous team had the best goals in mind and why? I'd say it's Team Plasma. Instead of forcibly taking Pokémon for "liberation", they tried to reach out to the people through words to release their Pokémon by themselves. It didn't go out as they planned but still, I'd say it was a dramatic change from the usual goals.

What do you think of an antagonist that is less classy (like the current ones) and more psychotic like The Joker from batman? I think it'd made a good plot. Psychotic man takes over the world! But it would probably make the game more brutal if they would make the boss too psychotic.

Which antagonist was the most challenging/memorable to fight/beat and why?
    It would be Giovanni. I remember trying to take out all of his Pokémon with my overleveled Charizard alone but I still ended up losing.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So I guess if I were to merge topics based on your answers, if there were Pokemon games made for teenagers/adults, there could possibly be a Joker-esque antagonist that would be simply psychotic?! I think that sounds fantastic! Gosh, I wonder if there's a ROM hack with the concept?! I want it to happen >~<

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well, Psychotic simply means you suffer from things like Hallucinations and Delusions. So it would depend largely on what sort of delusions the antag has. If they think they're better than everyone, for instance, then we could see them treating their pokemon and others poorly.
    But if they just have delusions and hallucinations of say, others doing evil, they may have a warped plan but not necessarily treat others bad.

Also since it's mainly us 3 in here, are we like the villain trio? haha

True that.

So I guess if I were to merge topics based on your answers, if there were Pokemon games made for teenagers/adults, there could possibly be a Joker-esque antagonist that would be simply psychotic?! I think that sounds fantastic! Gosh, I wonder if there's a ROM hack with the concept?! I want it to happen >~<

They should also introduce a female gang leader! We have Cynthia as a Champion, so why not a woman leading the gangs?

For me that was either Maxie or Archie on Mt. Chimney in RS, darn that Mightyena with Golbat is hellish! Doesn't make any difference no matter which starter you've chosen! Kirlia or Kadabra might help taking out Golbat. It's slightly better in ORAS, as Kirlia's now part Fairy -- it can help take down the bad canine!

Years
  • I need to join pronto

Nickname: Hikamaru (Nichole, Hika)
    Affiliated Team: Plasma
    Gender you want your sprite to be: Female
    Reason(s) for Joining: I always loved learning more about the villains in the series and there'd be so much great discussion potential to surface here.

Which of the villanious teams in your favourite and why?
    Team Plasma, with Team Aqua a close second. The former obviously due to my love of the 5th Generation and Unova in general plus you have to admit they do have cool-looking uniforms. Aqua is second because they use my fave type and their pirate uniforms are awesome as well.

Which main antagonist (villainous team leaders) is your favourite and why?
    I loved Colress from B2/W2. His hair may look weird but he's a pretty interesting character and the fact he tries to research you and discovers you as a trainer with potential shows that you seem to be a worthy opponent. I loved all the main Team Plasma members to begin with anyway.

Ghetsis in B/W, period. I have no idea how I was able to get past him with the team I had but that Hydreigon. THAT DARN HYDREIGON.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • What do you think of an antagonist that is less classy (like the current ones) and more psychotic like The Joker from batman?

I share the same opinion of Sun and Zanark ... We don't have any psychotic antagonist like "Joker" but the closest one is Ghetsis! I would love if GF introduced an very psychotic antagonist like Joker! I like villians like him >.< Absolutely insane ^^

How do think such an antagonist would act and treat others/Pokemon? His goals? His reasoning? :o

His goals ... I would love to see something absolutely crazy >.< As for how would the antagonist treat Pokémon ... I don't know, but since he would be evil, it would be cool to see him treat Pokémon poorly, but he doesn't necessarely need to treat Pokémon like trash ...

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • Which antagonist was the most challenging/memorable to fight/beat and why?

Either Cyrus in the distortion world in Platinum, I could never beat him the first time ;; Or Ghetsis with that darn Hydreigon ;u;

Reactions: Sun

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Welcome to the club! Sorry for the late acceptance but I do hope you'll enjoy your stay!

Spoiler:

Would you think he would be willing to sacrifice Pokemon to have his way? For example, sell a team member for a bomb or something? Goodness, that's a dark thought! :o

Spoiler:

Seems like a lot of people have trouble with Ghetsis xD he wasn't all that hard for me but I did get pretty lucky with a ton of crits so I can see how he's a pain!

Years
  • Yeah I replayed White recently and lost to him the first time! But then my Zekrom managed to clench victory just slightly lol
    The same thing happened with Lysandre and my Yvetal.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    Nickname: Lapin
    Affiliated Team: Rocket! >:)
    Gender you want your sprite to be: Female
    Reason(s) for Joining: I've always liked the antagonists designs, especially the ones in team galactic. Mars is one of my favorite characters. Also, my friend runs this club, lol
    Answer to the highlighted topic/s*:

Which of the villanious teams is your favourite and why? I like Team Rocket. They were pure evil, plain and simple. It's not nostalgia talking, I just really like them! I have a soft spot for Jessie and James.
    Which villainous team had the best goals in mind and why? Probably Team Plasma. You could kind of figure out why they were doing what they did. Is it really immoral to keep Pokemon in Pokeballs? Maybe. I don't think so though, because Pokemon are intelligent enough to know if they don't like being in a ball (like Pikachu!)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Welcome to the dark force! >:)

It's rare seeing you in all caps! Lmao

Welcome to the antagonist club, this is where all the good boys and girls turn bad! >:)

Would you think he would be willing to sacrifice Pokemon to have his way? For example, sell a team member for a bomb or something? Goodness, that's a dark thought! :o

Seems like a lot of people have trouble with Ghetsis xD he wasn't all that hard for me but I did get pretty lucky with a ton of crits so I can see how he's a pain!

To be fair, Team Galactic had done that bomb thing in Lake Valor and Great Marsh. No deaths were reported for obvious reason, the latter one everyone was even safe! {XD}

Team Flare and the Team Aqua are close for doing so: Lysandre threatened to kill everyone after losing in Y version's climax, while Archie wants to wipe humanity for the sake of Pokémon.

Years
  • Yeah I replayed White recently and lost to him the first time! But then my Zekrom managed to clench victory just slightly lol
    The same thing happened with Lysandre and my Yvetal.

The problem is, the legendary dragon (aka Reshiram/Zekrom) doesn't even help against that Hydreigon because it's faster (plus it has 30 IVs all around, one of the few NPC Pokemon with a confirmed IV spread) and STAB Dragon Pulse coming off that thing will likely take down your legendary so I always resort to other tactics.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Heyo Lapin! Welcome to the club! You bring up a really good point with Pikachu leaving his Pokeball but does leaving a Pokeball mean you're free from your trainer's commands? :o In any case, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here!

Spoiler:

It's quite fitting though, isn't it? What kind of climax would it be if the antagonist was laughably easy? xD

-----NEW TOPIC-----
    What past villains (admins included) would you like to see in your dream villainous team? It has to be one leader, one vice-leader and four admins!
    ------------------------

Years
  • What past villains (admins included) would you like to see in your dream villainous team? It has to be one leader, one vice-leader and four admins!

TBH it'd be so funny if Magma and Aqua combined. They have just the right number of admins but I could see Maxie and Archie constantly fighting over who's leader until Courtney suggests they each be leader for 3.5 days.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years

• scriptina.regular.png

scriptina.regular.png

Thank you!

If it weren't for your activity and involvement, this club would've crumbled to the ground the day I made it! I know ten members doesn't seem like a ton but each and every one of you is of huge importance to me and I really, really appreciate you all being here!

This is your club! Yay everyone!

Background image by BryanRush!​

Now that we have ten members, I've got a few announcements to make! Make sure you read this if you're a member, it might be important!
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Yay! Time for an evil celebration :3

I have a discussion topic! Which villainous leader do you guys think you're most like? Why?
    I'm kind of like Cyrus myself, I tend to be more quiet and reclusive irl and I don't like at all the way the world is (who does really).

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Yay! Time for an evil celebration :3

I have a discussion topic! Which villainous leader do you guys think you're most like? Why?
    I'm kind of like Cyrus myself, I tend to be more quiet and reclusive irl and I don't like at all the way the world is (who does really).

Yay topics!

I'd have to say I'm more like Lysandre than any other leader since I too would like to see a more beautiful world than anything else, no matter how impossible it is. That being said, I probably would go about it the same way he did and that part I'm not exceptionally proud of :P

Years
  • I probably wouldn't do what Cyrus did because my conscience would say no, and then if I did I'd feel so bad haha. I'm more quiet about my politics :x

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I probably wouldn't do what Cyrus did because my conscience would say no, and then if I did I'd feel so bad haha. I'm more quiet about my politics :x

Makes sense, to be honest. This is a really good topic though, I might just make it a topic required for signing up! :o

------------------------------------------------------

Click me!

Our club was just named September's Club of the Month! Yaaaaaaay! I cannot tell you how proud I am of everyone and how grateful I am to you guys for staying active and making this club a success! This victory of sorts will only propel us forward and we should all keep trying out best for this club, I know I will! A special thank you to everyone who voted! Thank you! You can click the link above to go to the Club of the Month post which announced the winner! :D

Years
  • Yay! We did it! Great work everyone!

I'm also wondering, do you guys think the members of villainous teams get salaries/pay for their jobs? What sort of pay do they get? Or do they just get a place to live and food to eat?

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Yay! We did it! Great work everyone!

I'm also wondering, do you guys think the members of villainous teams get salaries/pay for their jobs? What sort of pay do they get? Or do they just get a place to live and food to eat?

Another great topic! If you don't mind, I'll make it a bit shorter >~<

What do you think the members of villainous teams get as payment?

Here's what i think;
    Spoiler:

Back