• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flying Mono-type Team

Wya77

Average Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2011
I'm doing a mono-type run on FireRed, and I have the Pokemon I'm going to use. I just might need help with the movesets.

Charizard lv. 42
- Aerial Ace
- Dig
- Flamethrower
- Brick Break

Gyarados lv. 43
- Surf
- Strength
- Blizzard
- Dragon Rage

Dodrio lv. 43
- Drill Peck
- Tri Attack
- Steel Wing
- Toxic

Aerodactyl lv. 28
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Bite
- Supersonic

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
Aerodactyl

Crunch
Earthquake
Rock-Slide / Stone Edge when available
Fly (its atk was boosted) / Take Down (if you have rock head ability)

The rest look good

Charizard cant be hit by EQ so dig is a good move.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Aerodactyl

Crunch
Earthquake
Rock-Slide / Stone Edge when available
Fly (its atk was boosted) / Take Down (if you have rock head ability)

The rest look good

Charizard cant be hit by EQ so dig is a good move.

I think you forgot he's using FireRed, so no Stone Edge, and Aerodactyl doesn't learn Crunch. Therefore, I would say use Steel Wing or Iron Tail over Crunch. And, obviously, Stone Edge doesn't exist yet.

Wya77

Average Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2011

I think you forgot he's using FireRed, so no Stone Edge, and Aerodactyl doesn't learn Crunch. Therefore, I would say use Steel Wing or Iron Tail over Crunch. And, obviously, Stone Edge doesn't exist yet.

Well, I've used my Steel Wing TM on Dodrio, so unless I can get another, that's out. And where can I get Iron Tail?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years

Well, I've used my Steel Wing TM on Dodrio, so unless I can get another, that's out. And where can I get Iron Tail?

Well, according to Bulbapedia, there's only one TM47. But, you can get TM23 (Iron Tail) for 3500 coins at the Game Corner. However, you'll have to buy the coins since I'm assuming you don't have the necessary patience. 3500 coins would cost 70,000

Wya77

Average Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2011

Well, according to Bulbapedia, there's only one TM47. But, you can get TM23 (Iron Tail) for 3500 coins at the Game Corner. However, you'll have to buy the coins since I'm assuming you don't have the necessary patience. 3500 coins would cost 70,000

Patience to buy the coins or play the games to win the coins? I'm going to tell you like it is, if you play the games long enough to get 3500 coins, you have problems.

I'll get Iron Tail tomorrow when I play again. Thank you for the information.

Back