• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova's Heart

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Another retro topic:

This generation had a lot of amazing locations, and across all four games, every location in the game was unique in some way. Castelia city for its bustling nature, being central, Nuvema for being where it all started, N's castle for being the most amazing place ever... and even the specific routes were unique to an extent!

Which do you believe really was the heart of the games? Which location do you think reflected Unova the most? The location that you remember the most about when you think back to Unova? It's not your favourite location really, but rather the one that to you, seems like the heart of the region! The place that, if you were in Unova, you'd know you wouldn't be able to stay away from~ Feel free to share any thoughts and ideas. :3

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think Castelia City is one of the most standing out, because it's full of high buildings, and it has pretty good spots too like Casteliacone shop, Game Freak building, cruising in Royal Unova (the ship, that is), and more. I think it should be the heart of Unova region because of that.

Sirfetch’d

Definitely Castelia as it was the largest city that sorta made Unova feel like one of the largest thus far. Granted I wasn't a huge fan of the region haha. Castelia was a great city regardless. Definitely was fun to explore for the first time and getting lost :D

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Castelia City probably represents Unova the most since the city was really advanced for the series at that time, and it also lies in the middle of the region. Unova is well known for its architecture and engineering, and skyscrapers are a good example of both of those.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I have to go with Castelia as well. Geographically it's the heart of the region, but it's also the largest city and has quite a lot going on in it. Even the Game Freak HQ can be found in Castelia so it must say something. It's also the first city to have a 2D/3D over-world designs, which really showed off the advanced technology and the progress Game Freak had achieved then in terms of game design.

Years
  • I'm with those who mentioned Castelia City. It's Unova's biggest city and it has tons of people coming in so it's natural for it to be the heart of Unova.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Castelia City was definately a city like no other it was the largest city introduced up till that gen and definately the most interesting.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I believe both Castelia City and Nimbasa City are the heart of Unova.

Castelia is a commercial city, while Nimbasa is the most populated city in Unova (and only second to Lumiose). Not to mention there are various entertainment like the stadiums, fashion show, Battle Subway, amusement park-rides. Nimbasa is also close to a route where performers gather, as well as Join Avenue.

Back