• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Extracting all models from Pokemon BW

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    Hey all,

I've recently started hacking into the Pokemon Black ROM to get all the models in OpenGL (working on a Pokemon MMO). So far I've extracted 411 model files, including some trains, Palkia, and Dialga. However, I only have 1 building and only a few of characters. I am currently reading it like this:
    Load ROM
    -> Load NARC Files
    -> Load NSBMD and NSBTX

What other files should I read in order to get the rest of the models?
    And how can I get the battle data such as animations and battlesprites?

Thanks in advance! :)
    Anasky

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Every NSBMD model is either going to be stored on its own or contained within a NARC, so you're on the right track there.

Sprites are likely stored in NCGR files, so you're gonna wanna look into those. You can find OWs and such also stored in these files.

Additionally, if I remember correctly, there is a type of model called an AB model (or something like that) that a lot of buildings use, so you should look into them too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    Alright, thanks :)
    This will keep me busy for a couple of weeks xD

Back