• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Eevee & Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • On Pokemon Red, Blue, Green & Yellow, you'll be able to obtain a pokemon named Eevee in Celadon City's Celadon Condominiums; specifically you can find an Eevee inside the Know-It-All man's room on the rooftop.

Spr_1y_133.png

It's a pokemon with an odd DNA code, at least what the pokedex says. The fantastic thing about Eevee is that it can evolve into various different pokemon, based on what evolution stone that you can evolve it too! Whether it be for favorites, or for team balance, you can evolve Eevee to any one of these pokemon below:

Vaporeon シャワーズ
    Spr_1y_134.png

Vaporeon is a water typed pokemon who evolved from Eevee by giving Eevee a Water Stone. I think what's really cool about Vaporeon is that Vaporeon has a lot of HP (base 130), and it's pretty much the member that focuses on utility over than power, since it can learn moves like Mist and Haze, and can even pump up it's defense more with Acid Armor. Plus it can learn HM Surf to help you get across water fields, which is a plus in my books!

Jolteon サンダース
    Spr_1y_135.png

Jolteon is the electric-typed member of the eeveelution family who evolved from Eevee from a Thunderstone! It's the fastest member of the trio, where it's pretty much recommended to use Jolteon to hit your opponents hard and fast! It can also learn neat moves like Thunder Wave to cripple opponents, and even Double Kick to cover those rock/ground type pokemon, and even Pin Missile to deal with Psychic pokemon.

Flareon ブースター
    Spr_1y_136.png

Flareon here is a fire typed pokemon who can evolve from Eevee if you gave Eevee a Fire Stone! I think Flareon is a bit odd; it has great attack and special defense, but you'd need to take advantage of it's 'Special' stat, since there was no 'physical' fire moves back then, so you'd have to use moves like Flamethrower and Fire Blast, and hey - maybe Fire Spin to take advantage of that "attack continues!" mechanic from Gen 1! Plus it has Smog, which is handy if you want to try and poison pokemon, or you can try HM strength to take advantage of it's great attack stat too.

Topics to discuss
    • What did you think of Eevee and the way it can evolve to multiple pokemon?
    • Did you use an eevee and an eeveelution member? If so, to what eeveelution member?
    • Or did you simply use Eevee without evolving it?
    • Which is your favourite eeveelution member from Gen 1?
    • Annnd if you have any other thoughts, you can share them here!

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
    It's neat. Eevee is a bit underpowered but it's fixed quickly with teh Stone.

Did you use an eevee and an eeveelution member? If so, to what eeveelution member?
    I made each one of this guys, but it was long time ago and I can't remember well. But they had funny nicknames based off of old French First names. The most recent I've used in RB... Is Flareon. Did good.

Or did you simply use Eevee without evolving it?
    *UGH* no!

Which is your favourite eeveelution member from Gen 1?
    I'd say Vaporeon because it's cute and Water-typed, and it learns Ice beam.

Annnd if you have any other thoughts, you can share them here!
    Remote - Metal Gear - Pineapple - Sudowoodo.
    And it's the second Eevee topic made by you I answer to, it's fun.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    1.Eevee is definitely a unique pokemon. Its definitely one of the iconic aspects of pokemon.

2.I had all 3 simply because it was hard to choose which one. I was one of those who always worried about choosing the wrong one.

3. ---

4. My favorite has got to be Vaporeon. Jolteon looks interesting, but back then it never appealed to me. Flareon looked really close to Eevee, so i wasn't interested. Vapoeron felt the most interesting so i chose that one first always.

5. I personally was upset how long we got to see a leaf-type version until later gens. i always felt a leaf version was heavily necessary for Gen 1

1.Eevee is definitely a unique pokemon. Its definitely one of the iconic aspects of pokemon.

2.I had all 3 simply because it was hard to choose which one. I was one of those who always worried about choosing the wrong one.

3. ---

4. My favorite has got to be Vaporeon. Jolteon looks interesting, but back then it never appealed to me. Flareon looked really close to Eevee, so i wasn't interested. Vapoeron felt the most interesting so i chose that one first always.

5. I personally was upset how long we got to see a leaf-type version until later gens. i always felt a leaf version was heavily necessary for Gen 1

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
    Years
  • I've always loved Jolteon. Jolteon was amazing and very powerful, and don't mention it looks great ghehe. I never used Eevee without evolving if I had a stone. Haven't used eevee much back in the old days though (or any of it's evolutions).

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Personally I think it was kinda bad that we couldn't start out with an Eevee since the Eevee family consists of several of my favourite pokemon, but no matter! I do love the variety of pokemon that branches off from Eevee, as it gives a lot of room for team creation!

I didn't use an Eeveelution in Yellow, but in Blue I've used a Jolteon, and trained one up until it learned Thunder, which I needed a fast pokemon that can deal serious damage to Lorelei. Looking back though, maybe Flareon could of worked too since I also had a Vileplume. Didn't use Vaporeon because I already had a Blastoise and didn't want to use two pokemon of the same type. ;_;

But I love them all; I don't have a solid favourite from these three, but if I have to, I guess I'd lean more towards Vaporeon because it looks great and the utility from it is amazing~

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    What did you think of Eevee and the way it can evolve to multiple pokemon?
    Eevee's the pioneer of split evolution for sure! I love how Eevee showcases new evolution methods of that generation through a new eeveelution form.

Did you use an eevee and an eeveelution member? If so, to what eeveelution member?Or did you simply use Eevee without evolving it?
    First time I used an evolution was on Gen II, not gonna say more as it might go out of topic.

It's a tie on Vaporeon and Jolteon! Though I'm ashamed to say that I started using these two along Flareon in Gen IV, Platinum, rather in the games where they first made their appearance.

I love the idea of Eeveelutions, I don't mind if they make more of them in the future!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I love Eevee and the Eeveelutions a lot, there isn't one I dislike. I used my Jolteon in Yellow Version (even though I had Pikachu, lol...) because Jolteon was my favorite Eeveelution at the time. I think I even raised it up to the mid-60s too, which was super impressive for me back then.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • Eevee is sooooooooooo cute! (also it's shiny version looks cool :D)
    I also thought the idea that Eevee could evolve into different types according to what mega stone you used was a pretty cool idea. As for myself, I personally used Vaporeon because I absolutely ADORE water Pokemon. <3

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I've only played through Gen I once in its entirety and that was on someone else's copy. So I can say 've never used an Eeveelution on my team in those games. In other games though, I have multiple times. (Although it was always the ones introduced in the future.)

Eevee's ability to evolve into multiple things is neat, if stressful because making decisions is not something I enjoy. Once you evolve it, you can't go back and you lose the potential to make another decision. I like Eevee on its own because it is exciting - it represents potential. What will I make my Eevee into? Once you evolve it, that thrill is kind of gone. Although its evolutions are still cute.

I'd have to say my favorite Gen I Eeveelution is Flareon. I'm not really fond of the other two appearance-wise. Jolteon suffers from Zapdos-syndrome. (I don't like overly spiky and yellow Electric-types) Vaporeon is an awkward hybrid of fish and mammal that I think could've been executed more cleverly. Although it is a beast in battle, and immensely useful. But I base all my favorites on design, and Flareon is the cutest to me. It's still fluffy and retains the most from Eevee's appearance. I just love its tail and chest fluff.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2016
    I always picked it up but never actually used it. I felt that all its types could be covered by more interesting alternatives.

Years
    I liked Eevee. I never really kept it in my party but I used it a little. If I was in Red or Blue then I used it to get that electric or fire Pokemon that was generally hard to get depending on my current team layout.

Did you use an eevee and an eeveelution member? If so, to what eeveelution member?
    I would use Eevee for about 5 levels to lvl 30 and then evolve. Almost always to Vaporeon for the HP and armor. Sometimes to Jolteon for the speed and electricity. Never Flareon but like once because I generally never needed a fire Pokemon.

Or did you simply use Eevee without evolving it?
    Never ever ever. Sounds exhausting.

Vaporeon. Its versatile for water, ice, and poison moves. Uses surf and its so darn hard to kill with any Pokemon that isn't electric.

Annnd if you have any other thoughts, you can share them here!
    Eevee and its evolutions were never really in my party for long. Vaporeon made it to Cinnabar but that was as far as it went. I didn't really need it past that because my Gyarados would always out perform it in speed and move versatility. Jolteon may last longer but it depended on what moves my other Pokemon had and if Jolteon's electric type was covered or not. Considering I had a Rhydon and Gyarados with electric moves, I generally had it covered.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I liked Eevee's unique take on Pokemon evolution. It was fun to have several choices of what to do with it, and made it stand out more than other gift Pokemon. However, the split evolution did create a bit of a dilemma, as it made it impossible to complete the Pokedex (as my friends at the time didn't actually trade, or they went for the same form I went for; I eventually got around the problem by trading freshly hatched Eevee back from GSC when I realized that I had to complete the Pokedex alone).

I liked Jolteon the best, though I've evolved my Eevee into Flareon in a couple of games. (I think I only went for Vaporeon once or twice, on my second playthrough of XD, and maybe for a challenge at some point.) I don't know what I was thinking when I first evolved it into Jolteon--it may have been a random choice, or maybe I happened to have a thunderstone on me), but I've always liked its look, speed, typing, and moveset diversity (as described in the first post of this topic).

I didn't use my Eevee/Jolteon on my original team, though; back then, it was Blastoise or bust, with some HM slaves/random Pokemon along for the ride. I've used it on more recent playthroughs (various evolutions, depending on what I'm doing).

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Always evolved it into Flareon. I only use it when Bulbasaur or Squirtle are my starter, and it remains on my team until the end.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I love Eevee. It's actually one of my favorite Pokemon. It's really unique (although most would probably call it overrated), and it stood out over other gift Pokemon. I always used Vaporeon, since most of the time I needed someone to Surf. Though I have used Jolteon and Flareon on occasions, but in Generation 1, Vaporeon was my favorite.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I like the concept of Eeevee. It certainly is a unique Pokemon. Although, a lot of fan-hype and adoration has made me somewhat dislike it and regard it as overrated. MUCH like Charizard and Lucario. Nonetheless, it's a cute Pokemon, has a really interesting concept and some pretty sweet evolutions. My favorite would have to be Umbreon or Flareon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Honestly I love eevee's concept the fact that you have a Pokemon that can do so much is amazing the being said Jolteon is my favorite I use one on my competitive team due to its great speed and special attack not to mention a nice move pool. I also have used Vaporeon and espeon I just wish that they would fix poor flareon it is so under powered compared to the others

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • Did you use an eevee and an eeveelution member? If so, to what eeveelution member?

Yes, I had Flareon as apart of my team. Mostly due to the love of fire types. Though in one of my other games I had a Jolteon. I never used the water form till later gens.

Years
  • Did you use an eevee and an eeveelution member? If so, to what eeveelution member? Or did you simply use Eevee without evolving it? - yes, i do & i use my sylveon that i call sylvi (the daughter of the two eevees i have), & i use my eevee that i call vee (the father) *the mother is eevee, by the way (i'm going to rename her to eve)*

i still need to evolve my other couple of eevee's into jolteon, vaporeon, flareon, umbreon, espeon & leafeon :) *on my sun game, i mean :)*

Which is your favourite eeveelution member from Gen 1? - i really like flareon :) he/she's so fluffy and cuddly. *alright, eevee is fluffy and cuddly too :)*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back