• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Most memorable XY moments

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    This is an obvious ripoff from Cathy. XD

Most memorable XY moments

It's not an exaggeration to call the whole Gen VI as 'The Generation of Beauty', as the generation introduced us to the beautiful Kalos region as well as highlighting the beauty and nature of Hoenn region. Getting back to XY, what are your favorite precious moments from XY beside the cutscenes? Let us know through your post! :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • My favorite part in Pokemon X is the Glittering Cave. Maybe the change of view helped the immersive experience but it really feels like I'm the one who's walking inside the cave and being careful of the lurking pokemon in the shadows. The 3d feature also helped. I really enjoyed being lost in that cave. :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    My favorite part in Pokemon X is the Glittering Cave. Maybe the change of view helped the immersive experience but it really feels like I'm the one who's walking inside the cave and being careful of the lurking pokemon in the shadows. The 3d feature also helped. I really enjoyed being lost in that cave. :)

I am so agreeing with this post! Glittering Cave was a whole new experience -- the camera view, the encounter method. It actually felt tense for me at first, due to the dark environment. {XD}

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My favourite part of X - Being able to customise your character. Finally I am able to make my character look unique and change their clothes. Anyone else think it's strange nobody in the Pokémon world changes clothes?

Also Valerie's Gym was a highlight, as was finding my first Shiny ever (Golett) shortly after the second gym.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    My favourite part of X - Being able to customise your character. Finally I am able to make my character look unique and change their clothes. Anyone else think it's strange nobody in the Pokémon world changes clothes?

Also Valerie's Gym was a highlight, as was finding my first Shiny ever (Golett) shortly after the second gym.

True that. But it's a sad news for male characters, they've only got around 100 items. While female characters have over 200 items.

While her Gym puzzle resembles Sabrina's, but a dollhouse version. Her gym is sure pretty! Makes me wonder if they live in the gym. :)

Gen VI is definitely a godsend for shiny hunters! I guess that's one of the perks of XY? :)

Years
  • My fave moment was doing Pokemon Amie with my Eevee. I was so attached to him that he became my first to get affection maxed, and it was thankful that he had Baby-Doll Eyes when caught because that meant he was able to evolve into Sylveon quickly. After evolving, he became a true MVP of the team.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • The whole Pokemon League/Elite Four experience. The gate to Victory Road opening up, approaching the Pokemon league and getting that stunning view of it, the E4 members' chambers, it was all a pretty amazing experience.

I also have to mention that the entire experience of playing a main series Pokemon game in full 3D for the first time was an amazing experience and is the most memorable thing about X&Y for me.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I honestly don't know where to start...

The 3D environment: While I agree that there's more than just graphics to these games to make them enjoyable, the 3D being used in a gorgeous region like Kalos really sold it to me. The downside is that there didn't seem to be a whole lot to explore, and the routes felt too linear. And my favorite part of these games have always been the exploring. I'm hoping that the new Kalos game or games we get will pull a Unova on us and give us tons more areas to explore in Kalos.

The plot: Some of it is confusing... you got a plot surrounding Mega-Evolution, and the Team Flare plot. The only thing they seem to have in common is the Legendaries(Sycamore theorizes that the energy from Mega-Evolution and the Ultimate Weapon is the same energy that's from Xerneas/Yveltal). But yet, the connections didn't seem very clear. ORAS then continued to add more questions and confusion with the Delta Episode. On top of region expansion, I'm also hoping that the plot is fixed up better. There's a lot of potential there, I can see it.

I may be in the minority in the fandom about this, but now Lysandre is my favorite antagonist in the games. He's interesting in that instead of pursuing his goal for selfish reasons like past antagonists, he honestly and truly believes that what he's doing is to help people and Pokemon. Unfortunately, his solution is obviously pretty terrible.

Character customization: 'Nuff said. Who DOESN'T like it? You finally make your protagonist look the way you want after 20 flipping years of Pokemon, not counting PBR for the Wii.

EDIT: My #1 Most Memorable is looking at the night sky when entering Frost Cavern, epic explorer background music included.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Announcement of character customization feature, no doubt. I've wanted to see something like this in Pokémon for a very long time, and couldn't believe how happy I was when it finally happened.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • Pokemon Amie- so cute, Being able to play with all the cute Pokemon like this is priceless.
    The ending when when you beat the game
    Spoiler:
    gets me teary eyed every time I think about it.

Years
  • I'd have to say the Elite four, they really nailed it this time. The first time I was there in X it felt so huge and spectacular with all the effects and elevators and stuff.

You did say besides the cutscenes but I'm going to mention it anyway: I really liked the Hall of Fame of the 6th generation, where you could see the friends you've journeyed with looking at you with loving eyes; I actually felt really proud of them the first time xD.

Years
  • You did say besides the cutscenes but I'm going to mention it anyway: I really liked the Hall of Fame of the 6th generation, where you could see the friends you've journeyed with looking at you with loving eyes; I actually felt really proud of them the first time xD.

I agree, the Hall of Fame sequence was pretty cool. When your Pokemon appeared, they also showed the background glow in the colour relating to the Pokemon's type (or one of two if it's dual-typed) and the ending with you in the middle of the circle of your beloved partners.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I am so agreeing with this post! Glittering Cave was a whole new experience -- the camera view, the encounter method. It actually felt tense for me at first, due to the dark environment. {XD}

That really was a tense moment for me as one of the times I entered my team was running low on HP after getting what I wanted (I think it was either Kanga or Mawile) and I kept running into Pokemon on the way out and was lost...barely made it out in one piece...

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    My fave moment was doing Pokemon Amie with my Eevee. I was so attached to him that he became my first to get affection maxed, and it was thankful that he had Baby-Doll Eyes when caught because that meant he was able to evolve into Sylveon quickly. After evolving, he became a true MVP of the team.

I personally prefer the Gen V one, everything is perfect those elemental backgrounds, the remix of the hall of fame music. 8D

While Game Freak is obviously new to the 3D scene. I have to applaud the scenery , they didn't really have to focus that much though.

Trainer customization have been a long wish, it's definitely rewarding to see the customization become an official thing in our core series. I truly grateful for that.

Pokemon Amie- so cute, Being able to play with all the cute Pokemon like this is priceless.
    The ending when when you beat the game
    Spoiler:
    gets me teary eyed every time I think about it.

Amie is great and it's not limited to those with blue pentagons, meaning we can finally interact with those Pokemon from Gen III - V, which is utterly touching!

That really was a tense moment for me as one of the times I entered my team was running low on HP after getting what I wanted (I think it was either Kanga or Mawile) and I kept running into Pokemon on the way out and was lost...barely made it out in one piece...

Boy, my kid sister has that experience too. Having said that, nothing is impressive nor memorable for her in XY. Lol

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

This... *cough, cough*

It's slightly better when he said that in a Pokemon Center, but saying that in a hotel room is just... Beyond my imagination. Indeed memorable, indeed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    The thing I remember most from XY is the room in Reflection Cave where the Alakazite is. I was thinking there was definitely going to be a legendary Pokémon in there in post game, then when I went back there in the post game it was empty (wasn't the right time of day for Mega Stones and at the time I didn't know about the 8-9pm thing)

I was surprised such a nice designed room was empty, then more surprised that it was just a mega stone in the end

Years
  • This... *cough, cough*

It's slightly better when he said that in a Pokemon Center, but saying that in a hotel room is just... Beyond my imagination. Indeed memorable, indeed.

Oh crap someone had to mention Mr. Bonding... I think he's one of the creepiest characters in the game when he does the "bonding" with you, the fact he can encounter you in a hotel room makes it very unsettling indeed.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The thing I remember most from XY is the room in Reflection Cave where the Alakazite is. I was thinking there was definitely going to be a legendary Pokémon in there in post game, then when I went back there in the post game it was empty (wasn't the right time of day for Mega Stones and at the time I didn't know about the 8-9pm thing)

I was surprised such a nice designed room was empty, then more surprised that it was just a mega stone in the end

Yes that room is indeed pretty, I used to think it''s related to the Mythical Pokemon called Diancie. ^_^

You must have been delighted to discover/learn the real purpose of that chamber -- a room for a treasure, Alakazite! {XD}

Back