• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sixth Pokemon Ideas?!

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Ok my planned team on Emerald is as follows:
    Blaziken
    Swellow
    Salamence
    Armaldo
    Crawdaunt
    But that's all I can think of to have. Any suggestions? Try not to give me any repeating types.

Almost Me

WHEEEEEEEEE
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I notice a lack of grass. This must be rectified, preferably with a good-sized helping of CACTURNE.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ludicolo is a beast. Moving to in-game team help forum. But maybe consider Ludicolo with Giga Drain, Surf, Ice Beam, and Fake Out. Hmmm.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    I notice a lack of grass. This must be rectified, preferably with a good-sized helping of CACTURNE.
    I had originally planned to have Cacturne, but it was kind of sketchy because it had a small movepool. But maybe I could get by with with Needle Arm, Faint Attack, Giga Drain/Solarbeam and Strength.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I'd suggest Medicham, as it resists rock, and has an enormous attack.
    Use it with the following moves:
    -Hi Jump Kick/Brick Break
    -Shadow Ball
    -Return
    -Fake Out/Bulk Up/Recover.

I know it's typing is similar to Blaziken's, but it's stat distribution, ability and movepool make it an entirely different pokemon.

Oh, and if you're planning on using Cacturne, use these moves:
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Focus Punch
    -Faint Attack

Fighting + dark or ghost gives you perfect coverage.

Last edited:

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Cacturne, Shiftry, and Ludicolo are good, if not great grass types. I say the best out of those is Ludicolo. And let's not forget Breloom, which would be my most recommended had you not started with Torchic. 2 fighting types just isn't necessary. If you don't want a grass-type, I suggest a Dusclops. They are great walls while still managing a decent movepool (once they evolve) and good TM support.

@elarm: you can't find Medicham in emerald

Back