• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2019
    Hey there, new member here, i'm not an hardcore pokemon player, or even an hardcore gamer, and i haven't played anything beyond gen 3 and have no idea how the features work. However, i've been playing roms of the old games for a couple of years now, and got really into them again, so if anyone likes nostalgia and likes to play pokemon the old way do speak.

Years
  • Sadly I haven't really played any of the "retro" Pokemon games, the earliest generation I played was 3rd Gen as far as I know. But that doesn't mean we still can't talk with each other. Anyways, welcome aboard Eddie!

I know that Pokemon fans don't always have to play the old games to be fans, in fact some ended up starting in the newer generations for that matter so yeah Pokemon fans and gamers are all entirely different and that's what PC is all about, the diversity of all its members. Any reasons why you haven't played the newer games yet? I guess you couldn't afford the appropriate handhelds at the time or got disappointed with the new Pokemon? Everyone has opinions, and it's still okay to accept them!

I guess that's all from me for now, but if you ever want to chat feel free to hit me up with a visitor message anytime! And if you ever have any questions, our staff members are always there when you need their help, Have a great time around PC as well Eddie, and I'll see you!

Years
  • I love the older Pokemon games! But also a huge sucker for the new ones. n~n; No problem, any fan fits in nicely here for sure. Welcome, Eddie!

Replay-wise my favorite Pokemon games are probably G/S/C with R/S/E coming in close behind, but the latter I don't go through often anymore since we got the wonderful remakes known as OR/AS ahh. I'm sure you'll enjoy the old generation discussions so hope we'll be seeing you there, yes? :) Have a blast and be sure to ask if you need help.

Years
  • Welcome to the site. I am a fellow rookie to Poke Com. I play a variant game online that covers the first 5 gens. Pretty simple and fun. Reach out to me if you would like to know more.

LeahB

Le-ha88
    Years
  • Howdy! I started out with the first gen and I love replaying them! Can't tell you how many times I've beat them, haha. Glad to know there are others who still appreciate the classics. So which is your favorite, if you don't mind me asking?

As for me, I started out with Blue but Yellow became my main obsession. It was a bit more challenging and all. The only thing I didn't like about it was that you couldn't find Missingno in Yellow back in those days and I loved the Missingno glitch.

Another great thing about the first gen (2nd also) is the lack of information and all the myths that came with it. I used to love all the fake methods to obtain Mew and all of those fake Pokemon such as Rainer, haha.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I'm going through a mono-type challenge right now on Pokémon Blue Version! We all sometimes dabble in the older games as well as the new so you'll fit right in! I do hope you get to experience the newer games in time, as they are wonderful additions to the series in their own right! Hope to see you active in the forums!

Back