• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello everyone!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    Greatings every one! I am new to this community and in reality new to pokemon all together I havent played since gold and silver. I feel like so much has changed and A tad lost. So I decided to pick up a 3ds and a copy of alpha saphire. Any tips would be appreciated and also is there any way I can get my fraligator from silver to my alpha saphire thank you!

Years
  • Hello to you too! Hope you're having a nice day Lexxiel and welcome to PC.

Sadly you can't transfer from the original Silver all the way to Alpha Sapphire, but you can next-gen transfer as early as 3rd Gen (GBA) as far as I know, but yeah I know how attached some are towards a certain Pokemon so it can be hard when you realize they can't shift forward with you. At least you can get a Johto starter in OR/AS which is at least great. And wow, you haven't played a Pokemon game since 2nd Gen? That is a lot of stuff you need to brush on given how drastically different things are today, so I imagine you will be learning a lot to help get adjusted to modern mechanics, but don't worry I'm sure you'll enjoy Alpha Sapphire since I'm really hooked on it myself. My fave feature has to be the soaring in the sky with Latios/Latias and the contests, which are both really fun.

Anyways, if you ever need a helping hand to show you around PC you can look in our Adoption Center and sign up for a mentor who can assist you and help you understand the rules, along with showing you around the community in general. Just something worth considering, but I'm sure you will enjoy the forum nonetheless since everyone is really nice.

Have a great weekend Lexxiel, and if you need help don't hesitate to ask any staff members!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, you haven't played since Gold and Silver? It sounds like you might have missed out on a bit. Though, I wouldn't worry, as we are always able to jump back into things!

Are you liking Alpha Sapphire thus far? I've gotten Omega Ruby, and have played through the game (story-wise) two times, and have found each and every moment to be enjoyable. I might give it another go at some point, which will likely be sometime around next month.

Anyhow, welcome to PC, Lex; hope you have a lovely stay here with us!

Years
  • Welcome to PC, Lex, and good to have you aboard. [:

Sorry about being unable to transfer your old Pokemon but plenty of them are catchable across OR/AS and X/Y so you'll manage just fine, I'm sure. The sixth generation games are insanely awesome and I'll be crossing my fingers you enjoy those! Be sure to ask us any questions you may have in the OR&AS forum anytime, all right? It has a useful Q&A thread pinned at the top for easy access. Looking forward to having you. n~n

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    Thank you all so much I did find my gba I had in storage with a fire red version but seeing how I would need a ds with gba capabilities and every game ive missed for the past 10+ years it might be something I do at a later time as for or/as I am enjoying the experience and the early exShare beats the old grind I remember. I may have to pick up a copy of x or y then

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Well it's never too late to jump back into the game! That said we're available for questions about tips and tricks regarding the games and play in general and you can always ask the battle boards or trading boards if you need help battling or to get that one rare Pokémon that you can't quite get your hands on. Here's to having a long PC career! Enjoy your stay!

Back