• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use legendary Pokemon during your main adventure?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    It seems there's some unwritten law where people shun you for using a legendary Pokemon in your team during the game. Kinda like how people shun you for using the Invincibility Leaf after dying a bunch of times in Mario.

Sometimes I use them but they're never any of my permanent members. I almost always box them.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The last time I did was back in like 2007 or 2008 with Dialga or Palkia, unless using Reshiram against N counts. I used to have them on my team often until I realized from certain others that they're not as fun to power through the game with. But still, sometimes they can be alright to have if you just happen to really like them.

Years
  • Mostly I just box mine but with Latias being caught so early, I used it for my main story. Now it's just sitting in the box with the other legend I caught.

Years
  • Heck yeah I do! I don't think I've ever boxed a legendary for a really long period of time and if I did it's because of breeding or something. I love having a legendary with me because I feel like I'm secure in case I get destroyed in a battle (even though that's like impossible in a Pokemon game).

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Dear Anon: You showed up with Latios in our battle. You stole my kadabra/Alakazam. You're a dick.

No. I do not use Legendary Pokémon. Besides Mewtwo, Mega Mewtwo Y was too adorable to not use until it hit Lv.100, but I never use them in competitive play and from what I've seen most of them aren't too impressive. The best example as to why many of them aren't to distinguishable is:

[hd]Iyv905Q2omU[/hd]

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I never did until pokemon y where i use yveltal as soon as i caught it.

Years
  • Back in my noob Pokemon days I almost always used the main legendary mascot of the games. And one of the side legendaries. I have to admit using White Kyurem was pretty fun though.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    On majority; I do use leggies as I play thru out every gen expect Gen 2 gens and remakes where I boxed them and use it later

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    As a kid I really liked using Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Kyogre and all the other legendaries on my teams, but now I tend to avoid them for the most part. The only legendaries that I still use once in a while are those of the weaker kind (e.g. Lati@s, legendary beasts) and maybe one of the event legends on a randomizer playthrough.

Years
  • Usually, I don't use legendaries in my in-game team (and especially not in competitive teams). Occasionally, though, I'll have a space in my team by the time I reach the mascot legendary of the game, and I'll give them the slot as back-up for the Elite 4.

Currently, though, I'm on my 90000th playthrough of HeartGold, and for the first time ever, I managed to catch Entei and Raikou relatively soon after they left the tower in Ecruteak. I'm actually using both as part of my main team just to see what they're like, and they're nice additions, for a bit of fun.

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
  • I generally find myself not using legendaries due to how late they usually come. I wouldn't have as much of an issue with using them if I could get them before most of the game is over. A great example of this is Terrakion in Black and White 1. He's literally right outside the E4. By the time I can get him I've already raised a team of Pokemon that I like and don't really feel like dropping one. Now if I don't have a Pokemon slot filled at that point I'd consider using him if it didn't overlap with anyone else.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I've never really used them, no. The only times I used them in game were during playthroughs that I just did for fun and giggles. Though I think I used Kyogre quite a lot in my old Sapphire run. Was my go-to 'mon for tackling the E4.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Nah, I always just capture any legendaries and the box them. I've only ever used a legendary once before in my Diamond run with Azelf.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Like most people here (which is honestly a bit of a surprise to me), I don't like to use Legendaries. It's less the fact that they're overpowered and moreso the logic. It just doesn't feel right for some ordinary person to subdue an all-powerful godlike creature and force it to do their bidding. I do catch them for the Pokedex and collection purposes, (and also, so I can trade them anyway if I want something else), but I just don't want to be steamrolling over everything with a creature I shouldn't even have. If Pokemon were real, it would be certain that people would likely not be able to capture Legendaries as easily in the games. And I prefer to be immersed rather than breaking that.

Of course, there are some Legendaries that are more down-to-earth and not really so high concept, such as Kanto's birds, Johto's beasts, the Lati's, etc. These are more so Pokemon I categorize as Demi-Legendaries. Which are not really godlike beings so much as really powerful Pokemon. Although I haven't used any of these (mostly because they're obtainable really late in the game by which time my party is full), I wouldn't really have many problems doing so.

Back