• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Fighting-Dragon type Fakemon

LiitleCrow

Liitle'Emperor'Crow
Years
  • So I have a problem here...
    I've come up with all kinds of ideas for this Fakemon, and they all seem very solid...
    But I can't seem to figure out exactly how I want it to look....

First here is a rough sketch of what I designed before I recognized that it wouldn't fit in; which in turn ended up in me scrapping it.

So let me elaborate so you can understand what's going on and why I even made this thread.

This is the "Main" Legendary Pokemon for a Fan-Game I'm working on called awakening.
    The story told short is:
    You are an Archaeologist, who finds a weird crack in one of your digging sites.
    Everyone on the Archaeologist team has no idea about what lays beneath the earth in this cave, except Lance, the one who hired you. (Not E4 Lance :P )
    Suddenly the cave shakes, and out of the crack appears a slim human sized Pokemon, with dragon-like features, and a wild almost crazed gaze.
    It utters its cry and breaks through the caves ceiling, the cave starts to crumble and you barely make it out alive.
    Everyone has come out, except Lance, who is apparently missing.

After a couple of days, news appear, saying that a great amount of dragon type Pokemon have either gone missing, or have been found dead.

It is now up to you to figure out if you were at fault for starting this sudden slaughter, by uncovering that ghastly creature.

So what I thought: It has to be slender while still having bulk, since it is a Fighting type, but still have distinct dragon features.
    It is a physical attacker, who relies on speed over bulk, and has to be intimidating.

It's ability is an upgraded version of Moxie called Slaughter fest, which provides and extra Speed up.
    This is to build on the whole idea of it being purely designed to eradicate dragon type, who are known to be a pretty fast bunch most of them.

I thought about going with one of two routes with this Mon:

1. It is able to change stance mid battle: Judgement: Fast and boosted physical prowess (The main stance, with it's slim figure). Retribution: Fat Bulk, with boosted special attack (A bulkier stance, maybe on all four and more dragon looking.)
    2. Purely the first stance, with more feline-esk features, a bit like Lucario/Infernape, to draw reference from something
    As you can see; the art doesn't really fit the description too well...
    So what I was looking for is maybe some design ideas, since I'm not really sure what to do :/
    Also since it is a sprite for a Pokémon game, there are some restrictions to how technical and detailed it can be, with the amount of pixels I have to work with ^^

You are more than welcome to come up with other Ideas, but keep in mind that the game is heavily influenced by ancient times, cave and digging sites and mythical creatures, so very ground oriented.

Back