• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • Apparently we have two 5th Gen Bug-types who can use it - Genesect and Volcarona. Ironically, they're both not Flying-types.

Oops, I forgot about Volcarona shame on me it's a beast. And Genesect doesn't even look like it can fly. But still an actual Bug/Flying-type that could would be pretty cool.

Years
  • Genesect being able to fly kind of reminds me of Arceus- both seem to be capable of learning Fly just because they're legendary Pokemon. Granted, I think Genesect transforms itself in order to be able to fly, but we never see that in the games, so it still seems odd.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I was watching ''Street-Fighter Assassin Fist'' and I notice that the technique call ''Hado'' is awfully similar to Aura Sphere !
    Then It hit me , ''Aura'' is actually ''Ki'' in Pokemon Universe.
    So It make me wonder , Does Aura-User can also shoot ''Aura Sphere'' as well .
    Just think , Ash has the Ability to shoot ''Aura Sphere'' But he doesn't know how to do it !!!

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    I'm pretty sure Aura users don't use pokemon moves themselves...

Genesect reminds me of a mech, I was surprised to know that it could learn fly!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm pretty sure Aura users don't use pokemon moves themselves...

Genesect reminds me of a mech, I was surprised to know that it could learn fly!

Rilley used Barrier So I pretty sure they can do that !
    Specially if ''Aura'' is actually ''Ki'' .
    That explain why ''Aura Sphere'' is Fighting type move since ''Ki'' is associate with Martial Arts.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd never known about Volcarona being able to use Fly until now. Though, it's sort of understandable as to why others don't find themselves teaching the move to this Pokémon often; generally, it learns more special-based attacks than anything, and it seems to rely on them a lot, too, due to its above-average Special Attack stat and whatnot.

Years
  • Volcarona is a Pokémon that to me kinda resembles the design of something you could ride on much like that of a magic carpet, it's one I get why one could use Fly on it. Besides, the good thing about it is that it's one of two Pokémon that has Flame Body + Fly (the other being Talonflame), which is very helpful in-game for hatching eggs and using the Daycare Center.

Years
  • It would be cool if there was a Bug-type big enough to use Fly since it would probably have a pretty good design. I'm kind of curious to see something like that now.

If we talked real life. A very big Yanmega or Scolipede would be a cool solution. :D

I wish there were more dragons you could take a ride on.
    Except for Dragonair, and Salamance, and the legendary dragons, other dragons dont really look ridable.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Question : Can Buizel fly as well --

300px-Flying_Buizel.png

In that theory , Mega Sceptile should fly as well by using its Spinning Tail , Turbo Seed and light Body.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • If we talked real life. A very big Yanmega or Scolipede would be a cool solution. :D

I wish there were more dragons you could take a ride on.
    Except for Dragonair, and Salamance, and the legendary dragons, other dragons dont really look ridable.

A bug Yanmega would be good for sure, but how can Scolipede fly without wings? :P I suppose you could fly on a Flygon as well and perhaps Altaria.

Years
  • A bug Yanmega would be good for sure, but how can Scolipede fly without wings? :P I suppose you could fly on a Flygon as well and perhaps Altaria.

Whoops, my mistake, I was talking about generally ridable Pokemon.

Well in anime they can. But most Dragons in Pokemon have such small wings or are small themself, I dont know how could they lift themselves off the ground, let alone us on their back as well.

^ zomg, it's the Pokémon equivalent of Tails :o But Mega Sceptile I don't think uses its tail the same way...

Lol would be funny if someone used mega stone on the Sceptile to fly on it, and then, once 500 feet above the ground, suddenly it went back to non-mega Sceptile. Bad luck.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Whoops, my mistake, I was talking about generally ridable Pokemon.

Well in anime they can. But most Dragons in Pokemon have such small wings or are small themself, I dont know how could they lift themselves off the ground, let alone us on their back as well.

Lol would be funny if someone used mega stone on the Sceptile to fly on it, and then, once 500 feet above the ground, suddenly it went back to non-mega Sceptile. Bad luck.

Riding on Scolipede would be pretty cool. And flying on a Mega Sceptile would be pretty funny. Falling from the air...not so much.

Years
  • Did someone say riding on Scolipede?

Oh my god, if that happened, whether it was flying (lol) or even just on the ground, I would do that s*** like no tomorrow. It'd be pretty sick riding a super fast despite being over 400 lbs bug like that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've always wondered as to why they wouldn't allow us to ride Pokémon in-game, even though we are permitted to fly on them, which is more or less similar. We were allowed to get on the back of Gogoat and ride from here to there in X and Y, but if same were applied to some other Pokémon alongside, I feel it would be pretty great.

Riding on Pokémon would be a decent replacement for bicycle, I feel. It would be kind of difficult for them to implement over-world animations for ridable Pokémon, but if there were able to add over three-hundred OW sprites of Pokémon in HeartGold and SoulSilver (for their follow-me feature), I'm sure it won't be precisely impossible for the same to be done here, haha.

Generally, I believe riding on Pokémon would be fun and unique; it'd add more spice to travelling.

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
  • Didn't Ash ride on a Flygon in Jirachi Wish Maker? I like Flygon, though, so it'd be pretty cool to ride one imo.

Don't forget Gyarados, Lapras, Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, Wailord, Tauros, Charizard, Arcanine, etc...
    There are lots of pokemon you could ride on!

Yet still, Scyther can't fly...

On the topic of riding Pokémon in game, they could also add more terrain that only a pokemon could take you through. Poison Swamps, lava, rapids that only very strong swimmers can go through (think, Gyarados, or Lapras). It would be pretty cool to see them mix it up a little!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Who knows we might see Gen 7 having Pokemon outside of battle :) They did break barriers in Gen 6 with the 3D conversion, so why not step it up a notch?

As for the riding Pokemon, I just laugh at lava tho :3 I'm pretty sure any sane Pokemon trainer, as immortal as they seem, can't survive in a single stretch of lava. :x

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Honestly , I would prefer if Ash caught a Scolipede and ride on its back .
    After all , Scolipede is Big enough to carry atleast 5 people.
    In the 20 year of history , Ash haven't caught any rid-able Pokemon for the land ! The only Pokemon he can ride on is Charizard (Since Laprus left).
    Trainer in Unova are Stupid , They can travel the whole Unova region by Catching and riding a Scolipede instate of Walking.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Honestly , I would prefer if Ash caught a Scolipede and ride on its back .
    After all , Scolipede is Big enough to carry atleast 5 people.
    In the 20 year of history , Ash haven't caught any rid-able Pokemon for the land ! The only Pokemon he can ride on is Charizard (Since Laprus left).
    Trainer in Unova are Stupid , They can travel the whole Unova region by Catching and riding a Scolipede instate of Walking.
    Maybe they are afraid of bugs. 8)

Back