• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Boom me up scotty!

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Bored, Thought this would be a good laugh. I was right.

482Azelf.png

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 atk
    Naive Nature
    - Explosion
    - Psychic
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast

376.png

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Pursuit

485.png

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SAtk
    Naive Nature (+Spe, -SDef)
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Explosion

94.png

Gengar @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Explosion

220px-076Golem.png

Golem @ Life Orb
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 4 / 252 Spe / 252 Atk
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Stone edge
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Rock Polish

^ This guy I want to remove or at least change. Any ideas?

Snooze-Snorlax.png

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Return
    - Superpower
    - Crunch
    - Selfdestruct

Teams with more than one ghost completely screw me over. But if there is only one ghost to be found, I can take it down and proceed as normal. Explosion/Selfdestruct are last moment moves to help me go out with a bang once I am really at loose ends. I can at gaurantee a couple of kills this way alone, getting more kills along the way and finishing the game one up.

Competitively, I must admit it is not that good. But it is great fun and does okay.

Last edited:

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Give Focus Sash to Azelf and maybe Taunt to replace Psychic ? ( If you want Stab then replace Fire Blast )
    Fire Blast is recommended because of the amount of steel running in the OU game .

Choice Band Metagross is cool , you might want to try Choice Scarf Metagross ( without Agility Set Up and it's fast enough ) and goes with a Adamant Nature .
    Or plays an Agility Gross . I think it works better .

Heatran is standard , Fire Blast would be better because of the damage .

Hmm , maybe replace Scizor / Lucario with Golem for Revenge Kill ?

Anyway , your team has a big weakness for DD Pokemon or Agility Gross . After they set up 1 Dragon Dance or Agility on Metagross , the game is decided .

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Focus sash was meant to be on azelf, I am still correcting the errors xD.

Just about done now.

Lucario sounds possible. I might need to do some damage calculation to see how he ends up working out.

In practice, metagross has been brilliant. Killing once, and then coming in later to blow himself up for a second kill. Choice banded explosion off max attack destroys almost everything that is not a ghost type.

Last edited:

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Hmm , okay then =D
    Choice Band Metagross is indeed aggressive =D

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    If you wanted to Maximize Gengar's Explosion damage, I remember a SubPunch set for him. Was something like:

Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Shadow Ball/Hypnosis
    Explosion (In your case).

That would give you cause for more Attack EVs, and thus more boom.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    I think I might pick Scizor over Lucario. He utterly screams out to be hit with a fire attack, which Heatran can more than cover. Combine that with priority, technician, and a very good attack stat and I am happy.

I am liking the SubPunch Gengar. I might try that later on.

JOSHIKINZ_94

The crusader
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    not sure what to replace golem with now, but the set you use on him best works in the UU/NU environment. and it will be best for other raters( better ones than me) if they know exactly what roles your pokes have on the team.

for heatran i suggest that if you want to have explosion on then you should run an ev spread of 252 sp.atk, 252 spd, 4atk

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    I would switch out when a problem shows up. Then later on after that problem has been dealt with and perhaps after one of my other pokemon has fallen. Then switch back in and explode before they hit me and finish me off.

With the life orbs and with snorlax. I could just explode straight away after killing once or twice and when my health is low.

Josh, I think I will be putting Scizor in to replace golem. It does okay and is a very handy revenge killer.

Last edited:
    Back