• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forget Z/X2Y2/ZXZY, there is a possibility of a dual region game with Kalos/Hoenn this year

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2016
    I believe Nintendo is gonna announce a new type of Pokemon game this year. A sequel to X & Y and a remake of Emerald in one pair. I'm not talking about Z/XY2/ZXZY or whatever. I am talking about something bigger and something that is actually likely being teased by Game Freak. Look at the references to the Battle Frontier, Scott, Match Call, Champion Wallace, and a ship being constructed that's made from Kalos high speed rail technology. XY and ORAS can communicate with two more games called 26 and 27 by code. Go to Youtube and look at the Volcanion video in ORAS. It shows an explorer named Brandon is hunting Volcanion in Kalos.

Two games, two regions, two champions, one super adventure. Masuda loves to surprise the fanbase and that would be the perfect way.

Imagine, Kalos and Hoenn together. That means more customization, more secret base accessories, Rhyhorn Racing is likely, Unova megas, Kalos megas, Mega Butterfree, Mega Slowking, and Mega Froslass. With Mega Milotic as Wallace's main pokemon. Since it is a remake of Emerald, you can't forget the Battle Frontier.

A few weeks ago when Mega Evolution Act III was aired in Japan, they previewed Mega Evolution Act VI. The Act VI logo is distinctly red and lime green. TPC announced Mega Act II after ORAS was announced. This special is announced before the next major game announcement. That says there was some type of importance in announcing Mega Act VI this early.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • This is exactly what I had in mind for the next game. The Delta Episode seems to tie in perfectly with the storyline of X & Y, along with the characters. Even though something like this hasn't been done since GSC, what's stopping them from doing it again now?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    The only thing I didn't like about GSC was the lack of story for Kanto. Perhaps if they did another dual region game, Nintendo would make up for it. I also didn't like not having a second Pokemon League, since I didn't get my sense of accomplishment for beating a second champ. It took me a long time to beat Red.

I'd like to see a Johto-Sinnoh, just so hey have an excuse for more mega starters lol. I really don't care which two regions, just as long as it keeps me interested.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    I would love to see a dual region game! If I recall correctly we haven't had one since heartgold and soulsilver. (correct me if I'm wrong) That being said, Soulsilver is my favorite pokemon game. Partly for the fact that I can explore two regions, go through double the gyms and has an amazing elite four!

Now, although I find it hard to see a game connecting kalos to hoenn. I could see Kalos connecting to a new generation game. Since lumiose is based off of france, there's numerous other cities in europe they could take inspiration from for a new region. You could go through your journey in the new region and then go through old kalos and see all the things that had changed.

Since they just gave us kalos and hoenn I don't think they'd give us basically the same thing just put together in one package.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I believe Nintendo is gonna announce a new type of Pokemon game this year. A sequel to X & Y and a remake of Emerald in one pair. I'm not talking about Z/XY2/ZXZY or whatever. I am talking about something bigger and something that is actually likely being teased by Game Freak. Look at the references to the Battle Frontier, Scott, Match Call, Champion Wallace, and a ship being constructed that's made from Kalos high speed rail technology. XY and ORAS can communicate with two more games called 26 and 27 by code. Go to Youtube and look at the Volcanion video in ORAS. It shows an explorer named Brandon is hunting Volcanion in Kalos.

Two games, two regions, two champions, one super adventure. Masuda loves to surprise the fanbase and that would be the perfect way.

Imagine, Kalos and Hoenn together. That means more customization, more secret base accessories, Rhyhorn Racing is likely, Unova megas, Kalos megas, Mega Butterfree, Mega Slowking, and Mega Froslass. With Mega Milotic as Wallace's main pokemon. Since it is a remake of Emerald, you can't forget the Battle Frontier.

But why not Mega Gyarados? Or Mega Slowbro? Or Mega Sharpedo?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I'm honestly not entirely sure how much I actually see GameFreak doing something like this, but I would definitely love to see it! Super interesting theory ya got here.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I'm still holding out for a master version of the Pokemon Series that has ALL the current regions in one game; where the main ideal is to go to each region, defeat the gyms, defeat the Elite Four/Champion in each and then maybe have some sideplots as you do.

Years
  • This is something that quite a few people have speculated could be a thing, given that i'm sure they would do something else with Kalos, and there are the teasers about things from Emerald coming based on various parts of ORAS (Steven talking to Wallace after you take on Deoxys, the Battle Frontier project teaser in the Resort...). So it's likely something will happen.

Back