• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Me and my family aren't really into the World Cup.

Years
  • Same, I really don't care for the World Cup even though my parents and brother have. My sister has been following it too, but I could give less of a carp about soccer myself.

*Football ;)

My friends watch it, and so does my Dad. I'm not really into the whole hype factor of the World Cup though, since England are worthless when it comes to this sort of stuff 8D

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • American website? I'M GOING TO PAINT THIS SITE RED WHITE AND BLUE I SWEAR. there will be no stars, only stripes.

Friends, some do, family, not really since England bombed out, myself, occasionally but I'll prolly only watch the semis and the final now. My love died when my sweepstake (Italy) and England were knocked out. 8D

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Hell yeah. I watch it w/uncle, grandpa, and dad every day.

& I make fun of my best friend whenever his team loses, like yesterday.

Years
  • I don't care for sports whatsoever. My dad watches it sometimes but very casually, I think, even though when he does he gets very into it. Nah for me! All these people talking about it all over the internet confuse me since I'm clueless, lol.

Years
  • I don't watch it, nor do most of my friends and family. My dad and brother like to watch occasionally, but they aren't like die hard fans of it. I find it boring tbh.

Years
  • Nope. In the case of my friends, none of them are interested in any other sport other than badminton. I think my dad might be watching it though, but he's still more a basketball person than anything else.

Years
  • Germany has a really good chance of making it to the finals; Brazil already hasn't been playing well, and two cornerstones to their team won't be able to participate. Argentina obviously still needs Messi to play to his highest potential, but he has been doing quite well this WC, and they seem difficult to beat at this point.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Well, looking forward to the Netherlands v Costa Rica game. I really believe Costa Rica can upset the odds and win this!

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2015
    Well, that was a ♥♥♥♥ game. Neither team deserved to go through really... Not even my own Belgium...

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Actually no. My mom isn't into sports like... at all. My dad is only interested in baseball season he only cares about the red sox, so none of us really care too much about the world cup or anything. I do have a few friends who do though because they talk about it on Facebook a lot. XD

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • I don't care about it, but my dad does for some reason. Watches every game even when his team isn't involved. Which is weird because he isn't even a soccer fan.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Yeah, we were all going for Colombia, since we're Colombian, but now that they got eliminated I'll still be watching it, but won't be as interested. Same thing goes with my dad, my mom, brother and sister don't care now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    only my little brother does because he has a raging hard on for anything sports. now that usa is out I'm not sure who he's rooting for, maybe italy if they're still in idek?

Years
  • And The Netherlands squeak by, again... Looked like a miracle upset for Costa Rica after all those close calls during the game, but the gutsy substitution by Holland's coach seemed to give them the upper hand. Their match against Argentina will be fun to watch.

xX Untouchable Xx

Everything Is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    yes, as I play soccer myself, I enjoy watching major soccer (football) tournaments (UEFA Euros, Champions League, World Cup, etc.). I hope netherlands will win since we are in the semifinals stage at the time of this post.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I saw the extra time of that match and some highlights. Holland just couldn't score; kinda wish they had been shooting like that against us! D=

Good choice in the end in subbing on that keeper, he did well in the penalty shootout, and the dutch were too clinical with their penalties. van Persie really needs to learn what an offside is as well.

Sir Codin

Germany better beat Brasil, because I'll be damned if I'm losing a bet with one of my co-workers.

Years
  • Actually prior to the World Cup, I barely knew a thing about soccer. Now, I'm pretty much up to date on all of the best players, teams, and countries in the world. As a big fan of sports in general, I'm always open to trying out new ones, and so far this WC has been extremely fun to watch. I think it's because so much is riding on every match, though - I've tried watching a regular soccer match during the year, and I think I fell asleep halfway through. d:

To answer the topic's question, yes I've been watching it since the beginning, mostly with my dad.

Hitsushiro

someone
    Years
  • Actually prior to the World Cup, I barely knew a thing about soccer. Now, I'm pretty much up to date on all of the best players, teams, and countries in the world. As a big fan of sports in general, I'm always open to trying out new ones, and so far this WC has been extremely fun to watch. I think it's because so much is riding on every match, though - I've tried watching a regular soccer match during the year, and I think I fell asleep halfway through. d:

To answer the topic's question, yes I've been watching it since the beginning, mostly with my dad.

Well, lucky for you, this World Cup is so far one of the best if not the best in years... Entertainment and competition wise.

I don't care about it, but my dad does for some reason. Watches every game even when his team isn't involved. Which is weird because he isn't even a soccer fan.

That's the beauty of it. I know so many people who every other time would ignore me whenever I talk about football (and whenever I say football instead of soccer - Australia here). This all changes during the World Cup. So many people watch it, even those who arent' into football at all!

And to answer the OP - yes, my friends and family do watch it.

Back