• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • In before the thread dies.

I'm reading Warriors: Into the Wild. Yes, I know it's geared more towards the younger ones, but I have a huge love for cats though. I'm starting to really enjoy reading this series more and more, even though I'm only on the first book. lol

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • On Writing by Stephen King and The Night Watch by Sarah Waters. On Writing is great, I'm only about halfway through but I feel I've picked up a lot of great tips for my own writing (and Stephen King is just an interesting guy). I haven't made much progress with The Night Watch yet, but I'm really enjoying the style so far.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I'm reading both Legend by Marie Lu and Gone: Plague by Michael Grant. Had to stop because of school but now I'm free and can start again. I need the other 2 books though in the Legend series though. I'm going really slow with it because I hate when I finish a good book and I can't get the next one in the series just left so I'm left hanging.
    Legend is amazing and is a must read! It got me hooked and I couldn't put it down. I killed 150 pages in one day and had to force myself to stop reading it's that good. It always makes you wonder, "What's gonna happen next?" and you have to know.
    The Gone series I have always followed since 10th/11th grade. It's a good read as well but gets your emotions going and can be kinda nasty with all the stuff that's going on. A lot of people die too and some things are really messed up.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce but I'm thinking of bailing soon. not huge on it; at first it was cool when Joyce was depicting him as a depressed guy who didn't fit in anywhere but now that he's found Jesus I'm not sure I can stay on board with this. it's incredibly written, at the very least. The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut is next on my list.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Right now I'm reading The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman. It's a trilogy, which I've been meaning to read for some time.

I'm eagerly awaiting the new installment of The Kingkiller Chronicle though...still.

Vincent

Often moronically charismatic
    Years
  • Well, I'm reading the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare which is a prequel to the main series of the Mortal Instruments. Such compelling and intriguing characters. I can't wait for the sequel to the main series on 2015(iirc)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I'm currently reading:

-Wizard's Holiday by Diane Duane. This is the seventh book in the Young Wizards series. I really enjoyed the beginning few books of the series more than the later ones, and I've heard that the series takes a turn for the downright weird. Still, these are fun books and I'm enjoying them.

-Magic Street by Orson Scott Card. This is one of my favorite Card books. It's one of the best examples of his style and handle of characters. Plus the story is a fun one, with magic and Shakespeare characters running loose in LA.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • Okay, it hasn't been a month yet, I can still post here, right? Okay.

I've just recently started reading Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay, and The Marrow of Tradition by Charles W. Chestnutt. The former I'm reading for pleasure, the latter I'm reading for school (although I'm still happy to be reading it). I haven't gotten very far in either, yet, but both seem very promising and I'm definitely enjoying them. Good stuff.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Gravity's Rainbow. what the fuck. I'm thinking of bailing soon, because I am utterly confused. it's really fun to read (I guess?) but I cannot keep up with the characters and the random allusions that Pynchon makes. I should've known this might happen after disliking The Crying of Lot 49 but I figured since I dug Infinite Jest I could appreciate this. I feel like it might click soon; I've been told not to worry so much about all the minor characters and just focus on the ones that keep reoccurring (which I've been doing), and that has helped. so I'll keep going. only 600 pages left!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • an Empty Spoon

Sunny Decker is quite full of herself, I find, but it's an interesting cultural read. kind of a flimsy book, but it's just to entertain me at off times.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I got a new book yesterday. So, I'm reading Looking for Alaska by John Green. :3 I have only read one of his books (even though I spoiled myself by accident). I also think that he's kind of cute lol don't judge me. XD

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I'm binging The Wheel of Time. First time through, and by golly its something. There are highs, and then it trudges through some lows, and then the endings get to even higher highs, what some call a rushed ending, but I say what the characters say"
    What the wheel weaves is what it wills. The way it all falls through and then breaks up is excellent. Currently on the great hunt towards the end. Before this I was binging the Dark Tower, need to finish Book 7. Sometimes after 14 books from Robert Jordan I might go back to ASOIAF, for my 10th readthrough. Fantasy series' are fucking meth for me.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    of mice and men by john steinback. i'm reading it for english so it's best to get it done early so i can analyze it. i really need to read some more books so i'm up for some suggestions.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • I'm currently reading The Mark Of Athena by Rick Riordan
    It's great fun, good humour, plenty of Greek/Roman gods, goddesses and monsters mayhem! Nice, light-hearted read - really enjoying Riordan's books right now :)

Years
  • This reminded me that I still have an unfinished book lying around here, started it up again last night...

The Night of the Swarm, by Robert V.S. Redick.

To be honest, I'm struggling to see why I even put down that book in the first place. Accidentally stayed up later than I meant to since I was reading. Whoops. But anyway, it's actually the fourth book in his series, and for anybody who's into fantasy novels, I would seriously suggest looking him up.

(Considering that the first book of the series, which was also the first novel he wrote, was actually pretty damn good in my opinion.)

Back