• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My android is dead after attempt to de-bricking.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    So okay, few days ago I was just twiddling some Kingroot (App that just jailbreak your device, similiar to Iphone) and I installed some SuperU and it asked me to do recovery install, after I do that the phone booted and logo shows up, but the screen just shows up as blank and won't boot at all. so I did try to access fastboot, but seems I can't so I try another method by plugging in to my laptop and attempt to recover it, I wasn't much tech savy and just click format, after that the phone just dropped dead and won't charge or start at all.

Is there a way to turn it back or attempt on reviving it.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It's Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I did used SP Flashtools yesterday and accidentally format it. Now, sure if my phone would be detected by it

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • try plugging it into your pc, booting it with volume down held in, and then run `adb reboot recovery` on your pc

Years
  • try plugging it into your pc, booting it with volume down held in, and then run `adb reboot recovery` on your pc
    Even then, adb commands wouldn't work unless the recovery software supported it, or if the phone's OS allowed for them (in which in this case, the OS is gone).

Fastboot commands would continue to work though using the method you provided.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • Even then, adb commands wouldn't work unless the recovery software supported it, or if the phone's OS allowed for them (in which in this case, the OS is gone).

Fastboot commands would continue to work though using the method you provided.

I got mixed up. I'm in the middle of hacking a desire c atm, and I thought it was clockworkmod (which uses adb commands).

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Glad this method works I had to switch the connection settings in order to do flash and recovery. This thread is solved now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2016
    My recommendation: Use the phone's recovery or bootloader first instead of attempting to install a custom ROM. Installing a custom ROM can permanently brick your device (avoid Android bricks). For those curious, AnyRooter offers an Android Root guide along with several Android root tutorials.

Last edited:
    Back