• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wait, When Did Gardevoir Become Fairy Type? - Gardevoir EX XY Primal Clash 155/160

Years
  • XY5_EN_155.png

Spoiler:

What does PokeCommunity think of this card? Is it good? Does it look cool? What is it useful for? Other things about it that pop into your head? Discuss!

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    I heard of someone teching this in a Fairybox deck as a way to use fairy energy for damage, but it didn't seem to go so well.

That, and I T1 Maxied for Machamp with a medicham deck on him and lysandred it out for 180 the next turn. :P

With that aside, I believe it has potential to stall against a steel deck, especially in the FAIRYCHARMS variant of the deck.

Straight M gardevoir actually seems pretty inconsistent... it seems good as a one of or 2 of in another fairy deck though.

Too bad Gardevoir's attack isn't something like "Psychic research" "search your opponent's discard pile for a supporter and use its effect", but rather an attack that will hardly do much to shift the game

Though, when the next set comes out (I can't believe I'm even saying this), you can T2 Brilliant for 180 arrow using Aromatisse, Xernease, dragonite EX, DDE, and mega turbo (like that will ever happen)

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    As I've said before, I'm just a collector not a player so I'm only going on how the card looks and this card is stunning. Properly stunning, maybe the best art from Primal Clash.

Years
  • I heard of someone teching this in a Fairybox deck as a way to use fairy energy for damage, but it didn't seem to go so well.

I don't really see anything that would make this card useful for those means.

That, and I T1 Maxied for Machamp with a medicham deck on him and lysandred it out for 180 the next turn. :P

I've not even been out of tune with the meta for even 3 months and now it's like you're speaking a foreign language now.

With that aside, I believe it has potential to stall against a steel deck, especially in the FAIRYCHARMS variant of the deck.
    Maybe if lucky.

Straight M gardevoir actually seems pretty inconsistent... it seems good as a one of or 2 of in another fairy deck though.
    This isn't M Gardevoir, though! M Gardevoir looks like a pain to set up.

Too bad Gardevoir's attack isn't something like "Psychic research" "search your opponent's discard pile for a supporter and use its effect", but rather an attack that will hardly do much to shift the game

Well, if it were that, it may be run all on its own in everything.

Though, when the next set comes out (I can't believe I'm even saying this), you can T2 Brilliant for 180 arrow using Aromatisse, Xernease, dragonite EX, DDE, and mega turbo (like that will ever happen)

That requires a lot of setup, so while possible, not likely.

As I've said before, I'm just a collector not a player so I'm only going on how the card looks and this card is stunning. Properly stunning, maybe the best art from Primal Clash.

Best from Primal Clash? I've not seen much from Primal Clash, but that's a bold statement. I do like the coloring, though.

Back