• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • I absolutely abhor it when someone says "your" instead of "you're" or "to" instead of "too".

It really, really, reads badly.

Oh, that and "writeing" or "snipeing". With the "e".

That and any phrase involving "cups" and "girl".

Jax, I require some brain bleach.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    You can't see it anymore, it is being taken down everywhere due to being legally obscene. Count yourself lucky.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • That's a definite relief. From what I've heard, I don't think my delicate mental composition could stand the horror.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • There was an amusing comic on xkcd about that, actually. But may I link you to this one, as well? It describes my life philosophy perfectly. ^_^

...because of the Alt-Text? ;)
    XKCD is pure win.

Thank Arceus I've kept myself far from those internet fads such as <x> girls <y> cups, or the worst lolcats such as "relevant to my interests". Most of the time they're most disgusting than any combination of fun and interesting.

Ninja Caterpie said:
    Oh, that and "writeing" or "snipeing". With the "e".
    And "Pokemon", with the "e", too! :\

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Oh it is bad, bad not as bad as people make it at to be. They make seem like death would be better, but it wouldn't.

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • Either way, I'm not watching it.

And solovino, what about all those people and their poke'mon fanfics? Graaaaah! *mercilessly bashes own head against wall before hunting down poke'mon fanfic authors to do the same to them for the rest of eternity* I really need to get out more.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    i hate poke'mon too. It is really, really annoying. All the alt combination spew out hearts; so I just write pokemon, or Pokemon.

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • I'd rather they just left the accent out entirely. In casual posting, I just say Pokemon. In fanfiction, I always have the accent, as my AutoCorrect is set to do that when I type 'pokemon'. But really, if people can't be arsed doing that, they should just leave the damn accent out anyway, instead of trying to prove their inferior intelligence to the world at large by substituting a substandard piece of punctuation that really has no place in the middle of a word that's not a) a contraction, or b) the name of an elf or similar character.

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • If you're using Word, press Ctrl+apostrophe. Nothing will happen. This is normal. Now type any vowel, and it will pop up with the accent. Then copy and paste it into the AutoCorrect Box, and there you go.

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • Ah. I just failed so hard. I feel the need to walk backwards to Korea and dunk my head in a currently operating automatic coffee machine while holding a steel rod between my teeth.

There must be something in the water . . . I think I'm drunk today.

Venia Silente

Years
  • Meneur d'enfer, if you don't have Word that doesn't mean you can't have accents on the contrary, it is a good sign that you don't use that crappy propietary software with that annoying clippo. Those dead-key combinations such as Ctrl+' work pretty much everywhere (they just change according to the language).

Me myself am using Linux. If I want an a with a bar like Arabs such, like this one a → ā or this one with a dieresis and overbar → ǟ, I simply tell my keyboard I want one. Same if all of a sudden I decide I like ЖiЯillic cЧaracters.

S.D.: there's Fluorine in the water. It helps Satoshi Tajiri's overlord organization to keep an eye on Pokémon fans.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I'm away for one night and it's already page 432. Fortunately, nothing new to discuss so...

Do you frequently use Internet Slang and or Emoticons in your daily Internet life? Such as IMHO, OGM, ect.

Now, I'm going to get back to my fic.

Venia Silente

Years
  • Do you frequently use Internet Slang and or Emoticons in your daily Internet life? Such as IMHO, OGM, ect.

Internet Slang: I usually refer to "the tubes" when talking about the nature of the Web, catalog political decisions as "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!" and "EPIC FAIL!", use most of the abbreviations with I, such as IIRC and IMOO ("in my objective opinion", which is what I use to emphasize that my opinion is so well formed that it can, and possibly should, be taken for truth), and others.

I also reference certain events in my daily life by specific networks and programming jargon when talking with my friends and fellows via web:
    "You should ping [friend's name]'s cell phone"
    "me.tired == true && me.sleep();"
    "my collegue is having problems server-side"
    "pass me the popcorns by value"
    "SELECT * FROM PEOPLE WHERE (course == my.course AND common_sense == true); 1 result: me".

Yeah, people looks me funny.

Emoticons: only in forums, that's what they are for. Anywhere else I try to avoid them. :laugh:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Do you frequently use Internet Slang and or Emoticons in your daily Internet life? Such as IMHO, OGM, ect.

I only use the more common ones like "lol" and "XD", especially on the IRC. But I cannot stoop myself to use quick speak, or other less used slang.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Do you frequently use Internet Slang and or Emoticons in your daily Internet life? Such as IMHO, OMG, ect.
    I'm frequently having to doublecheck that I'm not in the DCC when I'm here. @__@;

In my daily internet life, occasionally. I prefer emoticons like XD and ^_^, though.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    And "Pokemon", with the "e", too! :\

Some people don't know about the different keyboards for PCs or the alt trick for Macs. I used to be one of those people, actually. Before I knew about the different-keyboards settings on this PC I was squirming every time I wrote the word 'Pokémon'. xD

Oh yeah. Also, I will be on a camping trip from this Sunday - tomorrow - until Thursday sometime. I will have no electricity or access to a computer. Just to tell you all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back