• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

School.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I didn't mind school that much, but I definitely wish I took advantage of my opportunities there. I could've worked harder and got better grades, which may have turned into some scholarships and possibly some better jobs for me now than what I'm doing.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
i'm disabled mentally, with a social disability and a learning disability so school is tough for me. in my primary school education i had very little social contact and was bullied heavily but now i'm in high school i'm fine on the social front. the only good thing about school for me is the chance to see my friends and hang out with others. that's about it.

apart from that, school is hell. most of the time i literally cannot do the work being asked of me, and i require a great deal of help in most subjects. however since my ability to communicate with others is lacking, teachers often get angry at me and refuse to work with me, etc. due to another factor of my mental health my time management is bad so ... basically i get hated by all the teachers and i don't do well in tests and my grades are bad.

idc though as long as i'm happy and have ANY job once i leave. i'm not aiming to be some sort of academic genius or anything lol

Years
I'm fine with school, and because of that I don't take it very seriously. I found out that what I really hated was waking up for school.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
School? Lol, I'm not in school anymore. But when I was, I loved it, and now I miss it because I'm out of it. I could have continued, but I've got a few ~disabilities~ that make some things hard to learn. =/

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I hate a school with a passion. That useless institution sucks ups 7 hours of my day and more with homework. For 7 hours I have to put up with obnoxious teenagers, incompetent teachers, unwanted stress, and a lack of freedom. If I actually cared about learning that information I could look it up online without the stress of homework and exams and learn at a rate many times that of school. However, I only require the basics so such superfluous knowledge goes to waste anyways. In the current state of society, a college degree is necessary if you want a decent job however it doesn't guarantee it. I'm currently in high school so there is many years left in my educational career (a bachelor's won't even be enough by the time I obtain it).
As for the subjects....
Math - Easy mostly because the reviews are the same thing as the tests but with different numbers.
Science - Biology was a memorization fest. Never cared about Chemistry but our teacher never assigned nor graded anything. Currently in Physics.
English - BS It's amazing how English majors decide what is considered good writing and literature of literary merit. I thought reading was about entertaining yourself with good book, not analyzing pointless symbolism and themes which may or may not be there. I just wish people would treat English as a method of communication, not as a subject.
History- Interesting but overall useless. I don't regret learning some of it.

Last edited:

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
School was okay for me, but to be perfectly honest, my school was terrible. There was a severe bullying problem at my school, and a lot of the time even the teachers failed to keep it in check. A lot of the teachers had their "favourites". I was bullied for being Muslim. One bully, Kieran, was a borderline sociopath. He was especially mean to my friend Ashley. (Ashley doesn't like talking about school. He claims he's never setting foot in that school again.)

There were some positive things, though. I was on the swim team for a year, and the guys on it were really sweet. I'm still friends with most of them and still practice swimming with a few of them. (My friend Toby, who was on the team with me, recently had his appendix removed and I've been visiting him almost every day.)

I got decent enough grades, mostly because I was afraid that the team would drop me if I didn't. (I left the team to focus on schoolwork.) I really hated the massive workload that the school gave. I remember on a few occasions I spent the whole evening doing homework.

I'm not going to college, because personally, I don't see college or a high-paying job in my future.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I hated school. Most of it was because no one really understood my disabilities. They didn't seem to understand how much I was struggling. I also got bullied during elementary school as well. I just... never liked school at all. That's also why I didn't and will never attend college either.

I'm so glad I graduated.

Adore

Party.
Years
I hated school up until college, but I really enjoy what I'm doing now. I took some time off after high school, figured myself out, and went in knowing what I want to do. Actually wanting to be there with a clear goal in mind made the difference for me.

Years
Hated school with a passion ever since middle school; there were only a handful of people each year that made attending bearable. For elementary, it wasn't the most enjoyable in the later years as people started finding out about bullying, coupling that with being gifted it didn't make for making friends easily since gifted students were subject to the prejudice that we're weird. That continued into middle school since I was doing high school courses so not much time was spent with other students my age. High school was tolerable only because there was a "clique" that I could fit into and university/college, I just want to leave altogether, but have to get that overpriced piece of paper.

I hated school up until college, but I really enjoy what I'm doing now. I took some time off after high school, figured myself out, and went in knowing what I want to do. Actually wanting to be there with a clear goal in mind made the difference for me.

Wish I had that idea after high school, instead of wasting 2.5 years studying psychology in university, only to drop out, transfer to a college and go into IT. Would've saved time, money and struggles. Good on you for making the right choice though c:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Why am I not surprised that most people hate school on a online pokémon forum lol.

I didn't care for it, but I started college recently and it's much more relaxed. I like getting treated as an adult, although the work is even harder than GSCE level :/

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
Years
Hated school itself but loved my friends there. Met some amazing people and we had lots of fun. :)

What I do now is more fun though. Cooking courses! :D

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
Years
Why am I not surprised that most people hate school on a online pokémon forum lol.

I didn't care for it, but I started college recently and it's much more relaxed. I like getting treated as an adult, although the work is even harder than GSCE level :/

Bolded is my emphasis.

I honestly find it kind of sad that so many people here hate - from the sounds of the posts - learning in general. Public school has many failings, and I will grant you that without hesitation, and even college has turned into a business in the states, but an expanded education is incredibly important to us as individuals. Why do you think that places like Sweden actually offer stipends to students so they can afford to go to school?

Last edited:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
Wow you guys really hate your school that much. Well i do like school because I can hang out with my friends there, doing some crazy stuffs. My class teachers are lovely and helpful like all the staffs here. But sometimes I still hate for the overload of homework but teacher care about our academy right?

Well right now I am in my last exam and it is important because the result will determine my future of my life. However, I will miss my school after graduate.

Biology is the most frustating subject for my ppinion because it has so many names and processes to remember.As a boy who is very lazy to read, I probably have a hard time to get them all up into my mind XD.

Anyways, I love my school and I will never forget my teachers and my friends.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
When i was in primary school, I tend to cry more and my classmates were always playing fool around me. Yeah definitely a misery time for me :(.I did not do well in exams and teacher always pushed me to get a good grades ( from year 1 to year 6 I was in 1st class). Until the final exam I got full of As and I was happy because I never got a great result !

In secondary school, at early forms I was still behaving childish. I remembered in Form 2 ( 14 years old) I stole some food from canteen and got punished by my teacher. It was a lesson for me not to be childish anymore and grow up!.

So at later forms until now, I improve myself and getting more friends. My old friends are joining me back together and we have pretty much fun. I still love to do some awkward actions in front of my classmates but I just make people fun about it:). They just enjoy and some even join me to do together (Ultraman vs Goku pose?)

I currently having my last term exam means that after this exam I will say goodbye to my school. I will miss my lovely teachers very much because they help me alot to improve my learning subjects and motivate me to leap further

So from this post, I would like to thank you to all my teachers and friends who help me and we might meet each other again someday ! :D

Years
I wish i weren't so shy. I was non-existent. I'm pretty sure i'm the guy nobody recognizes when they flip through their yearbook.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I've always been more of the sociable type. I'm never overly serious and try to be pretty chill, so I think that definitely helped. There also wasn't really any concept of bullying at my school, for the most part. I think everybody in my year knew who everybody was, and while they did not all get along perse, nobody disliked each other. And because I was friends with at least one person in every group I kinda fluttered between them like the social butterfly I am.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
I pretty much refused to go to school after 7th grade. I was miserable. I was homeschooled in highschool until I was 15, then shortly after I turned 16 I got a GED.
I'm not a day person, I'm not a schedule person, I'm not an academic person. I'm so happy I didn't have to finish school. Sometimes I wonder where I would be if I'd gone. If I'd have friends, a job, a scholarship, generally be happier? But I think about suffering one more day in a classroom and I know it wouldn't be worth it. I hate it THAT MUCH.

Back