• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Derpin' In the Rain

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
I've played stall before, but it was back before the ban of drizzle + swift swim. At that point, I ran a stall team that worked the opponent down so I could beat people down with Kingdra. Now I've decided to go back to stall with this team.

The Drizzler

tumblr_lghcvdepLB1qdt380o1_500.png

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ev's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
Ability: Drizzle
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Encore
- Protect

DrizzleToed is pretty much a necessity. It provides the rain as well as one of my physical walls (though it is one of the weaker walls...)

The Spinner

tentacruel_by_tojo_the_thief-d2yarmb.png

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Ability: Rain Dish
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Venom Shock

I've used this set before, and it is a bit outside the usual Toxic Spikes set. I run Venom Shock because it punishes Pokemon that are poisoned (which is really useful due to Toxic Spikes.) It also hurts any Psychic types wanting to set up on Tentacruel.

The Phaser

vaporeon_in_the_coral_reef_by_yayst.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
EV's: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Ability: Hydration
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Roar

Vaporeon kicks the crap out of everything in rain. It absorbs sleep from threats such as Breloom and can survive a Focus Punch at over half HP and Roar it away. Vaporeon also acts as a wish passer, and alongside Blissey, helps keep the HP up.

The, yeah, there's really no name better.

chibi_blissey_by_fullmetal871.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Ability: Natural Cure
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

The first of my Special Walls. Blissey eats special attacks for breakfast and finishes its meal off with a tasty bit of Stealth Rock. The other plus is that it passes enormous wishes, keeping the team healthy in conjunction with Vaporeon. The only possible switch for Blissey would be to go to the cleric set for Heal Bell, but I think wish is more viable since both Blissey and Vaporoen can eat status.

The Spiker

sr=1

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EV's 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Iron Barbs
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Okay, I'd bore you with the details about why I use this thing, but if you don't understand Ferrothorn's usage, you shouldn't be playing OU. Mostly this thing eats Electric and Grass type attacks from key threats. It also gives my team the Spikes it needs as well as a good Special wall.

The Eye of the Strorm

250px-Palmer_Dragonite.png

Dragonite @ Life Orb
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Nature: Rash
Ability: Multiscale
- Hurricane
- Aqua Tail
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

Okay, people say that Dragonite is broke. No, bulky DD Dragonite is not broke, you just need to know how to break it (yes, this is why this is the first team I've not had Scarf Jirachi.) This monster is about as close to broke as you can get. Nothing wants to switch in on this powerhouse, and with good reason. STAB Hurricane is brutal, and the confusion just adds insult to injury. ExtremeSpeed takes out weakened threats, or in other words, things I don't absolutely annihilate with Hurricane and Aqua Tail.

Now to take a look at the defensive Synergy.

Politoed and Vaporeon: Grass (Ferrothorn, Dragonite), Electric (Ferrothorn)
Tentacruel: Electric (Ferrothorn), Ground (Dragonite), Psychic (Ferrothorn)
Blissey: Fighting (Tentacruel, Dragonite)
Ferrothorn: Fire (Rain, Politoed, Vaporeon, Tentacruel, Dragonite), Fighting (Tentacruel, Dragonite)
Dragonite: Ice (Politoed, Vaporeon, Tentacruel), Rock (Ferrothorn), Dragon (Ferrothorn)

Back