• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Semi-Final Failure (wifi OU)

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
  • So I made it to the semi-finals (which semifinals? look, look around) with this team despite knowing it has some glaring weaknesses. Despite how bad it is, it's gotten me a fair number of wins which I'm fairly pleased about. It's about time though that those weaknesses get sorted out.

dpmfa051.png

Dugtrio - Adamant w/ Focus Sash
    Sand Veil
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Att/252 Speed
    Stealth Rock/Stone Edge/Earthquake/Sucker Punch

Here's my lead. I usually toss a layer of rocks in and my next move depends on what my opponent does. If they throw rocks up, I have to guess whether they'll attack or switch. If I guess switch, I use Stone Edge. If I guess attack, Sucker Punch. If I'm dealing with a lead that completely walls me, I switch out. No matter what though, I'm guaranteed rocks up and possibly some damage.

dpmfa282.png

Gardevoir - Modest w/ Zoom Lens
    Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP/48 SpA/176 SpD/32 Speed (I honestly don't remember its EVs. Let's just use Smogon's for the sake of it.)
    Hypnosis/Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt/Psychic

Double status is fun! I send him in against a special attacker. If I take over half damage, well...bah humbug. If I'm faster, I'll hit him with an attack. If I'm slower, it's dead. Usually, the thing is bulky enough to take much less than half so I usually use Hypnosis on whatever opponent's got out. If I guess switch, Thunder Wave. If I guess sleepyhead stays in, I attack with Psychic. It's Pursuit-bait, yes, but I don't usually bother trying to escape Pursuit users. Hypnosis them whenever possible and run if successful. Zoom Lens for accuracy because Leftovers won't help it too much in OU.

dpmfa373.png

Salamence - Mild w/ Life Orb
    Intimidate
    EVs: 80 Att/252 SpA/176 Speed
    Earthquake/Fire Blast/Draco Meteor/Roost

Old Mix-mence set is old Mix-mence set. This thing is mainly here to act as glue for my attackers. Anything the rest of my team has trouble attacking, he's there for it.

dpmfa392.png

Infernape - Jolly w/ Life Orb
    Blaze
    EVs: 252 Att/252 Speed/4 HP
    U-turn/Flare Blitz/Fake Out/Close Combat

I think the only reason he has Fake Out is because I wanted to keep him for breeding and didn't want to lose the egg move. Eh. He's sent in to scout and scare out opposing pokemon. If I predict a switch, I U-turn to something else. If the opponent doesn't switch or I mispredict, he gets a 120 power move to the face.

dpmfa212.png

Scizor - Adamant w/ Choice Band
    Technician
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Att/4 Speed
    Bullet Punch/Pursuit/Superpower/U-turn

I switch this thing into a weakened opponent or a resisted attack and Bullet Punch my way to oblivion. U-turn if I predict a switch.

dpmfa205.png

Forretress - Rash w/ Leftovers
    Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/112 Att/144 Def
    Earthquake/Rapid Spin/Toxic Spikes/Explosion

Well crap. I just realized it's Rash and not Relaxed. He's the weakest link to the team (and I guess now I know why) but hey, I wanted a spinner and he's the guy. If I take enough damage to 3hko me, I explode ASAP. If I take less than that, I spin (if there's hazards out) and use Earthquake.

I used to have Swampert in the team but I don't remember what I replaced it with. From experience, I know I'm really weak to CM Suicune, Scarfed Heatran and Zapdos. Due to the nature of wifi though, I haven't had much of an opportunity to battle a bigger variety of pokemon so haven't got much of an idea to what else I'm walled by. Anything bulky carrying a fire attack, I suppose. Gyarados as well, although I usually try to sleep or paralyze it on the switch. Trick Room teams also bite me in the behind. Luckily, don't encounter too many of those. Please have patience with me. >_>

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Mence : Mild Mence sucks. Switch to Naive, this stops Lucario OHKOing you with SD LO ES with SR up (even with Intimidate) and also Jolly Luke.

Ape : Fake Out sucks. Put Stone Edge or Mach Punch it to at least ease your horrible Zapdos and DD Babiri tar weaks respectively. "Onoes i have 2 rebreed" well thats a small price to pay for not getting man handled lol.

Forry : Forry wants Payback somewhere to hurt the 2 anti spins (not tomb) on wifi, aka Dusknoir and Gengar. Relaxed nature, please. S.Def Forry is better imo since it doesn't get wasted by like HP Steel but w/e lool.

Gardy : Wants a healing move desperately and Will-O-Wisp to stop it being Pursuit bait. Here try this set that i use which works fantastically.

Gardevoir @ Leftovers**Cutedevoir
    Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP/48 Def/48 Spd/162 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Taunt
    - Pain Split
    - Psychic

Basically, this set and ev spread make Gardy annoying as heck. Burn stuff then Taunt recovery. Evs let you survive a LO Waterfall from Gyarados and outspeed defensive Suicune and Cress, whilst Pain Splitting away the damage taken.

Anyway the next issue, its weak to like everything. :/

Sub Tran decimates your ENTIRE team. Starmie weak, Empoleon weak, Suicune weak. HP Fire Latias weak. HP Fire Sub Gar weak, Zapdos walls your whole team indefinitely. Babiri tar has nothing to stop it from comfortably 6-0ing you. Foe Infernape go unchallenged and so do LO Jolteon and Magnezone also Kingdra. Nothing resists rock which means CB Tar can just spam Stone Edge quite easily and kill everything. Bulky Roost Salamence as much as it sucks goes unchallenged, heck even Togekiss smacks you around etc etc etc i think you know where im going with this. Spikes are really easy to set up here too (Foe forry can set up on Duggy and Gardy easily) which melt 5/6 of your team and i mean Forry loses to Gengar, even on wifi so i mean its not gonna be spinning at all.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=168147

Use this please, it really comes in handy. ^ Id just remove the dead weight (Duggy, Gardy and Forry since they all honestly dont do much) to try and at least cover threats sufficiently. @_@ lol

Back