• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team that still can't beat elf stall [UU RMT]

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • At A Glance

dpiconani141.gif
    dpiconani197.gif
    dpiconani034.gif
    dpiconani470.gif
    dpiconani184.gif
    dpiconani110.gif

Team Building Process

So I wanted a powerful, well balanced core that is fun, fresh and has cool moves. So I decided well, Eeveelutions are cool, Leafeon is cool and a nice break from my standard Sceptile that I like to run in UU, even though they are running similar sets. Azumarill is a powerhouse with Huge Power, and Nidoking is just, well Nidoking.
    dpmba034.png
    dpmba470.png
    dpmba184.png

I also wanted to try and make this team as balanced as possible. I therefore needed a wall or two (preferably two). I once again turned to the Eevee line, and came up with Umbreon.

dpmba034.png
    dpmba470.png
    dpmba184.png
    dpmba197.png

Then I realized, that Umbreon can't just sit there taking hits all day, it could, possibly, but I didn't feel like pushing my luck too far. I wanted a good sturdy physical wall. I had been recently handed about a gagillion losses by Registeel, so I put that in.
    dpmba034.png
    dpmba470.png
    dpmba184.png
    dpmba197.png
    dpmba379.png

I finally needed a lead and a rapid spinner. Well I know Omastar does both well, but its boring to me. I chose its counterpart.

dpmba034.png
    dpmba470.png
    dpmba184.png
    dpmba197.png
    dpmba379.png
    dpmba141.png

I then noticed my huge, gaping, Venasaur weakness, 4/6 being easily killed by one pokemon is not my idea of a great team. So I thought, what can counter or resist Venasaur, WEEZING! So good-bye Registeel.
    dpmba141.png
    dpmba197.png
    dpmba034.png
    dpmba470.png
    dpmba184.png
    dpmba110.png

Finally, I ended up with this:

A cLOSER LOOK

kabutops.png

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
    Jolly Nature
    Trait: Battle Armor
    74 HP/252 Atk/184 Spe
    -Stealth Rock
    -Stone Edge
    -Aqua Jet
    -Rapid Spin

So Kabutops is my lead. There I said it. I know it looks like a waste of a sweeper, and in all honesty it probably is. But it has several advantages: its fast, it knows Aqua Jet. Okay so Aqua Jet isn't really an advantage, but I lubs me some Aqua Jet. Lum Berry is for people who run those pesky condition leads such as Registeel, Buterfree, and others. Aqua Jet and Stone Edge are for damage, obviously, and Rapid Spin is to get rid of enemy spikes.

umbreon.png

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Sassy Nature
    Trait: Synchronize
    252HP/ 200 Atk/ 56 SpD
    -Curse
    -Payback
    -Wish
    -Heal Bell

Umbreon is simply one of my favorite Eeveelutions and one of my favorite pokemon in general. Curse + Payback is a very potent set that can OHKO about every ghost type bar Spiritomb after a curse or two. Curse is fun to spam as well, and after 4 curses it takes less than 40% from a Close Combat from a defensive Top. After 6, it is yikes. The only thing that is a thorn in my side is stupid Milotics with Haze. Srsly, screw Haze. But it also works well for Wish support, which is always nice.

nidoking.png

Nidoking @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    Trait: Poison Point
    4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    -Megahorn
    -Earthquake
    -Sucker Punch
    -Stone Edge

Ah, Nidoking. Pretty much the coolest looking pokemon, ever in the history of pokemon. Its strong on the attack and it absorbs T-Spikes, even though they aren't too common, I would rather not be without an absorber. Megahorn is good for Cressila and Uxie, providing they are screenless. Sucker punch is good for Choice users and such. Earthquake helps hit electrics and fire types for big hurt. Thunderpunch was just kinda thrown in there because I needed a last move and realized that I needed something to hurt bulky water types if anyone uses them, I'm willing to drop it for something else that would be better. Nidoking also functions as a somewhat second Venasaur Counter because it resists its attacks, bar Earthquake and Megahorn can do a hefty amount of damage to it.

leafeon.png

Leafeon @ Leftovers (Might change it to a yache berry to help me live through water types w/Ice Beam, because I'm smart enough to switch out of fire types)
    Adamant Nature
    180 HP/ 76 Atk/ 252 Spe
    Trait: Leaf Guard
    -Swords Dance
    -X-Scissor
    -Leaf Blade
    -Baton Pass

Leafeon is cool for two reasons: one is that its an eeveelution, the other is this set. Swords dance makes this a very formidable opponent if I can time it right like on the switch or on an opponents buff. X-Scissor is a second Psychic counter along with Nidoking and also helps for those pesky Umbreons I love so much. Leaf Blade is for hurting waters and rocks alike and doing some solid damage to other things. The only real problem with Leafeon over Sceptile is that it doesn't have quite the movepool (nowhere near the movepool) that Sceptile does, but I felt this was a nice change of pace. Baton Pass works wonders with LO Azumaril + SD, it turns it into a killing machine, if I can get it off. Also, I'm playing around with the EV spread at the moment to give it more living power with it's weavile like defenses, I'm all ears for that.

azumarill.png

Azumarill @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Trait: Huge Power
    240 HP / 252 Attack / 16 Spe
    -Superpower
    -Aqua Jet
    -Ice Punch
    -Return

Well, no team in UU is complete without an Azumarill. Huge Power gives it a monstrous attack stat which also boosts its killing ability. Ice punch covers flying types, Superpower does damage to Steelix and Aggron along with other normal types. Return is just there, probably going to be replaced with Double Edge some time soon.

weezing.png

Weezing @ Black Sludge
    Bold Nature
    Trait: Levitate
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA
    -Wil-O-Wisp
    -Flamethrower
    -Thunderbolt
    -Pain Split

Weezing seemed like as good a physical wall as any in UU. This was furthered by his Levitate ability. And he is a good resist to Venasaur and Registeel as well as some others. Weezing also has wil-o-wisp which is good because it affects just about every pokemon. T-Bolt and Flamethrower are just for mediocre damage dealing. Pain Split is there for a crappy heal. I also made it hold Black Sludge to reduce the likelihood that it gets tricked.

Conclusion
    Ok, so there it is. Rate it. Hate it. PM me death threats, go crazy. I did notice as I made this, I lack a special sweeper, so any suggestions for that would be nice.​

Ta-da.​

*Note: This team has only seen battle about 15 times or so and I have only lost about 4 or 5, which I know is not enough to determine anything, which is partly why I posted here. Okay, I love you bye-bye.​

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    Yeah you do lack a good Special attacker. And even though you seem to be avoiding Sceptile I'm going to suggest it anyway. Maybe try running Specs Sceptile over Leafeon.

Sceptile @ Specs
    Timid
    4hp/ 252 sp.A/ 252 spe
    - Leaf Storm
    - Energy Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Hp Ice

Sceptile gives you a very strong special attacker. It also give you a chunk more in speed over Leafeon. Hope that helps a bit.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I'll try your sceptile, I wasn't avoiding it, I just wanted to see how good leafeon is.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years

• umbreon.png

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Sassy Nature
    Trait: Synchronize
    252HP/ 100 Atk/ 156 SpD
    -Curse
    -Payback
    -Wish
    -Heal Bell
    Changes coloured.
    I've been using Umbreon for about a year now, and through my experience with it I can say you won't last long enough with only 56 SpD. With 156 you'll have long enough to get one curse off and wish for healing before basically anything can ko you. The attack drop doesn't matter either, since you're cursing.

Back