• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you play with 3D on?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Somehow the 3D thing kinda make my eyes feels numb and tired so I only focus on cutscence instead of battle and I tried with special demo on ORAS it's sluggish compare to XY

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I usually leave the 3D slider switched on, but half the time I don't really notice whether the scenes are in 3D or not.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Usually I tend to switch the 3D off, since sometimes I have issues playing Pokémon when in 3D mode, like some slowdowns or frame skips when in the middle of the battle.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Usually I have it switched off. I switch it on if I see a new Pokémon move or old moves that I haven't seen in 3D.

But I might have it fully on if I buy myself a New 3DS someday.

Axel Rose

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    Up until recently, I didn't even have more then one brightness on so I'm pretty self-conscious about battery drainage, plus I don't notice the 3D anyway.

Years
  • Almost never. It gives me a headache, and slows the game down a bit which is annoying. I'm content with having it off :3

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Almost never. :(

The only times I can remember playing with the 3D on was the first time I played XY and ORAS, during major cut scenes or battles. I leave it off like 95% of the time, though.

Years
  • Very rarely, I find it hard to keep in the sweet spot and can find it distracting. I might turn it on for a cutscene or to check out some pretty scenery but that's it. I will now try it out during a battle though to see what it's like!

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • I'll use it now and then for special occasions, like sometimes I'll have it on for battles against trainers I like or when I'm hatching eggs... that way if I hatch a shiny, I'll see it for the first time in 3D. Otherwise I leave it off. It doesn't display correctly and is often hard to look at. I've been told it's because I have the XL, which apparently doesn't display the 3D well and distorts it. It also drains the battery life like crazy, so... that doesn't encourage its use.

Back