• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Equate [NU RMT]

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Introduction

After so much battling in the OU Tier, I decided to try out the NU Tier a
    nd here's what I made. I love the NU Team since there's alot of pokemon you can choose from. :) Now I need help. This is my third time posting my team in public. First was smogon, then serebii. (Serebii didn't help though) You know what they say. Third times the charm! All suggestions are welcomed here cause I need all the advice I can get! :)

At a Glance

I can't post pics because they won't allow me too..

Changes will be noticed at the bottom...

In Depth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Persian (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Fake Out
    - U-Turn
    - Hypnosis
    - Taunt

Comments

This is my lead. With fake out and tremendous base speed, she can ruin other leads from setting up. Fake Out to break sash or for a guarantee hit (except for ghosts), Hypnosis if other attempts to switch in a counter. Taunt to prevent setup, such as stealth rock and toxic spikes. Finally, U-Turn to get some damage and switch in for a counter. That will ruin cacturne leads. I used Life Orb for more power since it's attack is low even with a technician boost.

EV's

The EV's are obvious. 252 for attack and speed and 4 EV for HP whatsoever.

Problems

I have no problems with using Persian. He's does his job and that's all I care about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meganium (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 216 HP/148 Def/144 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Energy Ball
    - Aromatherapy
    - Reflect
    - Leech Seed

Comments

My wall and supporter. I use reflect to help out the rest of my teams defense problem, leech seed and aromatherapy for support. Energy Ball is for STAB. I mainly use him because he's bulky.

EV's

HP is very important so I put 216 EV's into HP. 148 EV's for defense and 144 EV's for Special Defense.

Problems

There's none really. Maybe change Energy Ball to Giga Drain for better stalling.

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Curse
    - Earthquake
    - Recover
    - Ice Punch

Comments

I used to have Phione on the team but since Quagsire outclasses it mostly, I replaced it. I need Quagsire more then Politoed because of bulk. If they use a grass move, I'll switch to meganium or entei. Earthquake for STAB. Ice Punch for coverage. Curse helps raises her defense and attack to sweep.

EV's

Maximum HP EV's and SDef EV's. Curse raises her defense.

Problems

Unknown so far.

Medicham (F) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Pure Power
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SpA)

- High Jump Kick
    - Psycho Cut
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderpunch

Comments

My revenge killer. It's speed + scarf allows it to outspeed many of the common threats such as hitmonchan and primeape (with adamant nature). I used High Jump Kick instead of Brick Break for more power, psycho cut for stab while ice punch and thunderpunch for more coverage.

EV's

It's obvious. It's a Jolly nature for more speed.

Problems

Didn't have much problems but suggestions are always welcomed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skuntank (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Aftermath
    EVs: 24 HP/252 Atk/232 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Sucker Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Fire Blast
    - Explosion

Comments

Thanks aragonbird for the suggestion. I used to have manectric on my team as a mixed sweeper but since I have a huge espeon/gardevior weakness, Skuntank deals with the problem. "By being able to trap and kill Ghosts and Psychics like Espeon, Gardevoir, and Drifblim, you can use Medicham's STAB attacks more freely without having to worry about switching out." Quoted from your good words.

EV's

24 EV's on HP. The rest on Attack and Speed.

Problems

I have no problems with him yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Movie 13 Entei (U) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- ExtremeSpeed
    - Flare Blitz
    - Stone Edge
    - Hidden Power Grass

Comments

My somewhat of a mixed attacker. More of a physical attacker though. Hidden Power Ground, despite providing good coverage, doesn't really hit anything that Stone Edge can't. Hidden Power Grass will get rid of silly Quagsire and Gastrodon that think they can wall it. Life Orb will give Entei more power and priority is always a good thing to have.

EV's

252 EV's for Attack and Speed. The rest is on Special Atk.

Problems

Unknown so far. I don't know if rapidash would be better for my team though.

So...

Tell me what you think of this team. All suggestions are welcome! Even the slightest ones lol. Thanks for all your help :)

Changes
    Replaced Manectric with Skuntank.

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I saw this team on Smogon. It looked nice especially the FIre/Water/Grass core you have here, except:

physical walls such as Grumpig and Hypno.
    Hypno and Grumpig are Special walls, not physical.

However, I notice that Choice Scarf/Specs Espeon can give your team major problems simply by spamming STABed Psychics everywhere. I would replace Manectric with:

Skuntank @Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Aftermath
    24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd

-Sucker Punch
    -Pursuit
    -Fire Blast
    -Explosion

By being able to trap and kill Ghosts and Psychics like Espeon, Gardevoir, and Drifblim, you can use Medicham's STAB attacks more freely without having to worry about switching out.

Also I would move Meganium's Sp. Attack EVs into Def or Sp. Def. You won't be attacking most of the time and even when you do, it wouldn't do much damage anyways so investing that many Sp. Attack EVs is a waste.

Hope that helps!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Thanks aragonbird. I recently fought a Gardevior and I really had problems with it so your advice on changing Manectric to Skuntank really helps me. The change will be made. Thanks :)

And yea Meganium doesn't attack much so I might place his special attack EV's into special defense to take more hits.

Back