• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glorious captures

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • Is there any Pokémon you caught surprisingly easily? Or the opposite, a Pokémon that took you ages to catch but you finally made it? Anything special that happened when you wanted to catch a Pokémon? Share your stories!

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I caught Zekrom in White with a Quick Ball first try. My reaction: slow claps

I remember Latias was so fucking hard to catch in B/W2 AAAAGAGAHHH I almost raged. Thanfully I caught it with an Ultra ball. It was my LAST ball.

Years
  • Almost same situation with Seth. I caught Terrakion in White 2 with a Quick Ball. I did that with Cobalion and Virizion as a joke. But Terrakion never came out {XD}

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Just yesterday I caught a Lugia with my first Poké Ball. And it was just your generic Poké Ball too. I was so psyched!

I remember Latias was so fucking hard to catch in B/W2 AAAAGAGAHHH I almost raged. Thanfully I caught it with an Ultra ball. It was my LAST ball.

Oh my god! Latio/as was a bitch to catch! It took me like ten tries! I'm not even sure why, because it wasn't really that highly leveled or anything.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • I can't say much about easy catches, but there was this Regice in Emerald. I had enough Ultraballs and my Pokémon could take a hit. I paralyzed it at low health and even then it managed to run out of PP and Struggle itself to death, three times even. Paralysis didn't only increase the capture chance, but gave more turns too, but it still managed to suicide itself.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I can't say much about easy catches, but there was this Regice in Emerald. I had enough Ultraballs and my Pokémon could take a hit. I paralyzed it at low health and even then it managed to run out of PP and Struggle itself to death, three times even. Paralysis didn't only increase the capture chance, but gave more turns too, but it still managed to suicide itself.

Yeah, the Regis gave me a bunch of trouble when I tried to catch them in Sapphire too. And Regice was the hardest, for whatever reason. I think I got it to struggle twice before I caught it.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Yeah, the Regis gave me a bunch of trouble when I tried to catch them in Sapphire too. And Regice was the hardest, for whatever reason. I think I got it to struggle twice before I caught it.

The number of PP of the moves differs with the others. Regice has Icy Wind, while Regirock has Rock Throw and Registeel has Metal Claw. This gives Regice a total of 35 PP, while Registeel has 55 total PP. Oddly Regirock has 35 PP too.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Catching Xerneas in a Heal Ball with no difficulty whatsoever was the biggest surprise to me. Happiest, but also the largest lol
    I do remember catching a Beldum in Pearl pretty easily, too, which is crazy because they have as high of a catch rate as the Three Swords of Justice

Years
  • There have been plenty of occasions where I take a long time to catch certain Pokémon, but sometimes they come quickly. I remember in my main White 2 when not once, but TWICE I managed to catch Terrakion with one Ultra Ball but it didn't have quite the stats I wanted. But on the third, I caught it in a Timer Ball and it had a Jolly nature and 31 Attack AND Speed IVs.

Years
  • I don't really recall any, but my latest one to happen was Cresselia in Alpha Sapphire. She got caught after only 6 Ultra Balls, which surprised me because her low catch rate made me think it would take more. I also remember catching Thundurus quicker than I expected.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    When I played White 2 for the first time, I literally caught every legendary with only one or two balls. At least until I got to Azelf which took me multiple attempts to catch it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    okay once i went to catch a beldum without knowing they had an insane low catch rate and you can imagine the frustration that ensued. Needless to say I didn't catch one :)

Back