• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Decorations?

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
  • In games, a decoration(like dolls,carpets,plants,beds,posters etc) is a type of item used to decorate the player's bedroom, Secret Base or Pokémon-Amie(Varies depending on Generations).How often do you Decorate your Bedroom or your any base or Amie? Do you think They are enough Decorations around? Do you think They are too expensive to buy? Do you want more decoration places where you can decorate even more?

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • The only time I've ever messed with it were Secret Bases in Alpha Sapphire, and honestly it's one of my favorite features in the series and I'd love to see it in future games. Personally I think it could stand to have more decorations, though. There's not exactly a lacking variety but more is always a lot better.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I've always like the idea of decoration, but the implementation in the games is always rather lacking. There just aren't enough decorations to make what I envision inside my head, so I end up being disappointed. One of the biggest let downs was the villa in Platinum version. You can't even move or use the furniture!

Years
  • Any way to add customisation in the games is a good thing in my opinion. I loved the Secret Bases and must have spent hours trying out different locations and decorations! Same with the shops in Join Avenue. I like decorating the Pokemon-Amie screen too and liked it when we could choose the C-Gear too. Getting to design your bedroom would be very neat. I hope they add more options in future games!

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    I wish there weren't as many limits to how many items you can have. It gets hard to decide what to keep and what to store sometimes, especially when there's still an open spot that needs to be filled, but the game simply won't allow it.
    In Pokemon Amie, I started to decorate using all the items I had. Oh, another pink cushion? Let's place that one in amie, too. I'm the kind of person who likes to see my stuff out in the open, or a big collection in one giant pile. To me, an empty space is a wasted space, unless necessary for a walkway. I guess now that I've reached the limit of objects there, I'll just switch stuff out.

Years
  • I decorated my Amie in X, mainly with blue items because of my association with the colour itself. As for Secret Bases, when I played Alpha Sapphire before it corrupted I didn't stick much in mine since I had one that was pretty small in terms of space but I did love adding that bed that served as a healing spot, and the dolls are adorable as well.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I love the room decorations from GSC and the ability to customize the room in RSE. Sadly decorations have remained (Super) Secret Base exclusive for all the Sinnoh games as well as the Hoenn remakes.

I love the electric pattern bed from GSC and the Note Mats in RSE. :)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • It's certainly an interesting feature. I always decorate in the games, mostly using a table surrounded by a couple of chairs, some mats and plants. I rarely use dolls, because the Pokémon I want to place never seem to be available as dolls.
    I can't say decorations weren't expensive, not at all. You didn't have the chance to buy enough, because of the limits you could have. This made it less favorable to alter your decorations later .

Years
  • I decorate my base from time to time. There are so many decorations in the games its kind of insane haha. But its a neat feature and gives you something to do when there isnt much else to do I suppose.

Back