• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Events canceling out other events

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    This is a bit hard to describe, but I'll do my best.

If one event happens, then events that are supposed to happen after it, wont (even though they are set up to) The events work perfectly when they are ran by themselves, but running them all in succession, you know how a game is supposed it work, makes every event after the first one, not run.

example: there are events leading up to a door. The first event checks whether you have delivered the item (pass the door). if you havent, it lets you by, if you have it sets up an interaction with an npc who gives you something.

the second event checks if you have delivered the item, if you haven't it lets you by, if you have it takes you to a cut scene on a separate map and transfers you back so you can move on to the the event above.

the third event is delivering the actual item(its beyond the door). so this is the beginning. I go in the house, deliver it, now the two events above are activated and should set off the sequence. but it doesnt. after i delivered the item, the other events wont work.

but if i were to toss the item (cuz the conditional branch from the first two events is just checking if the item is in your bag) the event will work, but only one event. if one event works, the others will stop being responsive, like i first stated.

this happens with a similar set up in the same map. Almost identical set up actually.

and this might be related but when i pass an event earlier in the game that stops me from entering an area because I dont have a certain item, any house I try to enter from here on out just results in a black screen.

I can't figure it out. I hope this was clear. I can get more detailed if needed, and any help is appreciated.

Back