• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Budget Decks

tomronny

TCG fan
Years
    • TX
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Hi guys, I was wondering what some budget decks for the new 2014 rotation would be. I am thinking anywhere less than or equal to $50. Just something to help me get into the game. Thank you all in advance.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    The most expensive part of the decks are the trainer/supporters. Some of the supporters are as expensive as $5.

N=$4.50 x 4 = $18
    Sycamore= $.60 x 4 = $2.4
    Skyla = $3.25 x 4= $13

Those alone right now are around $33 just for supporters. So it will be hard to hit a deck for under $50. Trainer cards can be just as expensive.

Either way my suggestion would be to lookin into Greninja Miltank.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I recommend to not invest in N, as it may be rotated out. However, I recommend that you do some small trades for it from people that are scared of that format shift, just in case it isn't. Assuming that you know how much of an economic celebrity Warren Buffett is, I recall a nice quote from him that I personally use to trade up to a solid collection: "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful." So, when people are letting go of cards because of fear, take them, and when other people are like "wow Sableye uncommon is $6," trade. I guess what I'm saying is, skills in trading are perhaps the best way to grow a collection from nothing.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
    Years
  • I recommend to not invest in N, as it may be rotated out. However, I recommend that you do some small trades for it from people that are scared of that format shift, just in case it isn't. Assuming that you know how much of an economic celebrity Warren Buffett is, I recall a nice quote from him that I personally use to trade up to a solid collection: "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful." So, when people are letting go of cards because of fear, take them, and when other people are like "wow Sableye uncommon is $6," trade. I guess what I'm saying is, skills in trading are perhaps the best way to grow a collection from nothing.

N isn't going to be rotated, it was reprinted as BW Promo 100, and whats funny is that the promo is printed for Pokemon Leagues, which if there is one near you and you go every week or so you can pick up skyla's and N's and other trainers for free as long as you play games (tcg or video game) Now you may be wondering, where do i find a league, well i have put a link in the spoiler below!

I have been going to a league for a while now and when i first started i was worried about trainers as well, then i got some skyla's and N's and my decks started being good! If you need help finding one PM me and if you think this is spam its not lol!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2014
    N isn't going to be rotated, it was reprinted as BW Promo 100, and whats funny is that the promo is printed for Pokemon Leagues, which if there is one near you and you go every week or so you can pick up skyla's and N's and other trainers for free as long as you play games (tcg or video game) Now you may be wondering, where do i find a league, well i have put a link in the spoiler below!

I have been going to a league for a while now and when i first started i was worried about trainers as well, then i got some skyla's and N's and my decks started being good! If you need help finding one PM me and if you think this is spam its not lol!

Your lucky you live by a league, the closest to me is 40+ miles, and they aren't even probably more than 10 people

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2015
    Greninga is not a budget deck. All of the lists play beach and I have tried with and without beach. With worked 3-5 turns faster.

Right now, the cheapest competitive deck is Weavile/Lopunny/Exeggcute. They are pretty cheap, only spending about $50-$70. You ate able to upgrade, since eggs are SR, and Reg.

Back