• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Egg Swap III: Summer of Swappage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I got a Timburr, Lax nature: Pound, Leer, Mach Punch and Drain Punch.
Did anyone get a Zorua with Dark Pulse and maybe Flamethrower? (I'm not so good with determining moves from breeding XD)

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years

...ugh, that makes so much sense which is disappointing. Next time we really do need to clarify certain rules. :(

aka a lot more planning time.

A similar incident to this happened during the Easter Egg Swap. I don't think it's a clarity problem, it's probably just people skimming and/or not fully reading the rules. I believe the problem would be solved if
the rule were mentioned multiple times throughout the first post, perhaps in some sort of attention grabbing font/color/size. Or perhaps the signup process could require participants to copy and paste rule #1 to their post to make sure that they've read it.

Buuuuuut, enough with the unpleasant talk! I'd like to say that, even though my participation in the Egg Swap has been a little limited, I've definitely enjoyed the event and hope to see it return in the near future (Halloween? New Years?).

Last edited:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
scoreboardupdated.png

The Pokémon you've all received so far have been added to the scoreboard!

Keep hatchin' guys!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
So, apparently, there are at least two Axew in circulation, huh? I wonder whose's Axew my Axew? I'm not sure about its IVs or moves, since I just bred that one without any other eggs also coming out at the same time...

Another mystery, to be never solved?

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
I got a Snivy. As did somebody else.

And I thought I had had 258 swaps so I beat the record by 123.

Dang.....well one of you got mine. Or someone got a Zorua. I honestly can't remember what I had bred. Oh well, I'm absolutely gonna be here for the next egg swap! This was the most fun I've had in a very long time.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
--IMPORTANT--

OK, following the situation with Esoj, the following will apply.

If you want to claim your Pokémon back from Esoj (who took 8 Eggs for themself), you may do so.

You must follow these instructions:

1. Post in the thread which Pokémon you have claimed (copy and paste from the list).
2. If it does not look like anyone else has claimed the Pokémon, PM me about it.
3. Follow my instructions in my PM reply.

Esoj hatched the following Pokémon:

E001 female Snivy, jolly, leech seed
E002 male Ducklett, naive, water gun, aerial ace, bubblebeam, f-dance
E003 male Zorua, lonely, scratch, leer,
E004 male Eevee, timid, tail whip, tackle, h-hand
E005 male Oshawott, quirky, tackle, surf, x-scissor
E006 female Mudkip, mild, surf, tackle if I'm not wrong
E007 female Emolga, naive, shock wave, acrobatics
E008 male Pichu, lax, encore, thunderbolt, grass knot, v-tackle

I will strike-through any Pokémon that have been successfully claimed back.

If you cannot trade right now and want either myself or Forever to claim back a Pokémon on your behalf, please write "I give permission for Kip or Forever to claim this Pokémon on my behalf".

Hopefully this sounds fair. :)

In other news, I hatched an Axew! With Scratch! I named it 'Steve' and he's now kicking back in my 'Online' box with my other Swap Pokémon. ^^

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I got a Corsola!! It's Naive natured (like yours truly), It knows Tackle, Head Smash, Earthquake, and Ice Beam! Perfect stats, except for speed and Sp.Def. Yays!!!!
You got my Corsola! Glad you love the moveset I gave it. :3

I hatched a Girafarig that knows Astonish, Tackle, Growl, and Confusion.

Years
honestly, I can't remember if the egg I sent was a shinx or emolga, but honestly, it doesn't really bother me if one of my eggs were taken by esoJ or not. if it is really my egg he has, he can keep it.

wow guys, this is the most eventful eggswap, huh?

also to Forever and Kip:

I'd like to pitch an idea to you for something we could do for fun later.
since most of us have traded in the 3 egg swaps so far (except me, I didn't do the second one), how about we hold a battle mini-tourney using only the pokemon we got from trades? (splitting it into single, double and triple battles accordingly to how many swaps each participant took part in (and hence how many pokemon they have)).
what do you think?

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
Years
I wonder how it looked like? Stats and such.

It looks like this:
610-shiny-frame1.png

Lol, but seriously, it has a Ras nature and knows the moves False Swipe, dragon Claw, Dragon dance and Taunt. It's ability is Rivalry and pretty even stats all around.^^
Not sure it this is your Axew, seeing as Kip hatched one as well. o.O

I hatched a Girafarig that knows Astonish, Tackle, Growl, and Confusion.

You got the Girafy I bred.^^

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
It looks like this:
610-shiny-frame1.png

Lol, but seriously, it has a Ras nature and knows the moves False Swipe, dragon Claw, Dragon dance and Taunt. It's ability is Rivalry and pretty even stats all around.^^
Not sure it this is your Axew, seeing as Kip hatched one as well. o.O

You got the Girafy I bred.^^

That's not my Axew, then~ I didn't breed with these moves in mind.

I think I accidentally gave Kip a bad Axew egg... wait, whoa...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
also to Forever and Kip:

I'd like to pitch an idea to you for something we could do for fun later.
since most of us have traded in the 3 egg swaps so far (except me, I didn't do the second one), how about we hold a battle mini-tourney using only the pokemon we got from trades? (splitting it into single, double and triple battles accordingly to how many swaps each participant took part in (and hence how many pokemon they have)).
what do you think?

I like this idea, it's pretty awesome. Imma discuss it with Kip and see what he thinks then get back to ya'll (if so it probably won't be an official GT thing but hey you never know).

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
I was also thinking of posting this idea! But I was ninjaed. If you guys hOsted this in say a few months I think it would give every one a chance to train.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
As GT8 draw to a close (again), I'm gonna reel off some statistics for ya. :D

676 Total Swaps

40 Active Members
1,500+ Posts
13,000+ Views

Aside from the active members, these have all blitzed the records set by Egg Swap II, especially the total swap count (we're up 206 since last time).

Thanks guys for making this the most active event in GT8 by a looooooong way!

We don't know when we'll be back, so keep checkin' your PM boxes over the next few months.

Keep posting the Pok?mon you've all hatched! We'll keep the scoreboard updated as long as we can!

You'll all get your emblems in due course - most likely along with the rest of GT8 when they've caught up with us. ^^
Also those of you who have received the super-secret emblems will be get those as well!

Thanks, guys. You have, once again, been brilliant.

:mudkip^_^:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
The egg I got hatched into a Pawniard with the move set of Faint Attack, Scary Face, Metal Claw and Slash. ;)
and I really enjoyed this event, I had a lot of fun trading eggs with people.

Btw did anyone get an Eevee from an egg that hatched in this event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back