• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fureon's CARDéMONium + Fureon's PokéBlog!

Fureon

Psychic
Years
  • Ladies and gentlemen! May I have your attention please?

I'd like to introduce a series of Pokémon TCG videos that I started recently.

This here trailer pretty much says it all:

I really hope this interests somebody, because I'm doing my best trying to make a good show.
    I'm trying to be as unique as possible in information and presentation.
    Which means I'm going to talk about some things that possibly nobody else has covered, or present the familiar things in a unique way.
    Like some Russia-exclusive stuff... OK, no spoilers :P
    Trust me, it's going to be interesting!

And without further ado, here is...

Episode #1: Battle (vs Drakon) + XY Trainer Kit

That's it for now!
    Episode #2 is planned for release later this month.
    It's not going to be a battle video and will require a lot less editing, so I don't expect any delays with that one.

So what do you think? Was it interesting?
    Is an English dub neccessary, or are the subtitles just fine?

This is a new format for me. Any suggestions, support and feedback is appreciated!

P.S. I'd like to note that the first couple of episodes will seem dated, because:
    1. The set release schedule in Russia is lagging behind (XY came out last October, Primal Clash came out two days ago, right after I finished the video).
    2. This episode was meant to be made about a year ago, but the show was in the concept phase for a long time and I was busy with other projects and life issues, so unfortunately it only went into production this summer.
    The episode that will follow was supposed to be made in spring, but by then first one wasn't ready, so it's also going to be late.
    But still, I think it's better late then never, and now that I estabilished the format and got the whole thing started, the new episodes are going to be more recent (or "timeless").

Last edited:

Fureon

Psychic
    Years
  • Finally, a new episode is here!

This time I'm reviewing an Ylveltal-EX Tin and talk about some intersting Flashfire and Furious Fists pulls.
    There is also a bonus video where I talk about getting to meet the president of Nintendo Of Russia and other cool happenings.
    Spoiler:

Please let me know what you think! Any feedback is welcome :)

Fureon

Psychic
    Years
  • And I'm back with a new episode!
    (Sorry for the long break. To be honest, I was really depressed.)

This one is about the very first TCG set, but I got carried away talking about the history of its appearance in Russia, so a bonus video was born.
    The bonus video is about the initial history and reception of Pokémon in Russia and may be more interesting than the card set review itself.
    There's a third bonus video, but it simply can't be translated, as the humor relies solely on language and would be lost in translation.
    The episode itself, of course, comes with English subtitles.

Because of the bonus videos, this episode took a lot more effort and time to make.
    Hope it wasn't all for nothing.

Hope somebody's interested! Please let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Fureon

Psychic
    Years
  • Wow, this was really interesting!! I always love hearing about Pokemon in countries other than my own! ^^
    Wow, thank you! So glad you liked it. You're the first one to actually comment :nervous:
    This topic will be expanded upon in the future episodes, so I hope you stay tuned for more!

Fureon

Psychic
    Years
  • Hey. Wow, I don't know what is wrong with me, but life issues got so much in the way that I forgot to post the episode that I myself anticipated the most. Behold!

This is an episode about fake cards. You might be intrigued as you probably haven't seen many of those. Or have you? How common were this in your country? I'd be glad to know, so let's discuss?... :12:

Runiel

I am male
    Years
  • Haha, yes... The ever so Forsaken Fake Cards.

To start off, I live in south east asia, so encountering Fake Cards alone are pretty hard, not to mention the Real Cards. But yeah, I have bought some in the past of my Early days not knowing that these cards were fake.
    The Version of fake cards that you can encounter in my country are like the real TCG, the same Pokemon, the same type.
    You want to know how i know these cards are fake? Well, Have you ever seen an Ursaring with a move with 9000 damage? Yep, it's fake.

As for Your videos, i really like them!
    For me, the Subtitles alone are fine, but i don't know about the opinion of other people. I would suggest to go for English Dub, but then again, this is all your decision, i don't want you to be weight-ed on making videos.
    So, take it to your Directions, that will probably be the Best Choice!

Etherion

Your battle episodes are amazing! It's the amount of editing it takes to produce this videos, honestly, it makes the battle more understandable! I wish official Pokemon TCG tourneys were edited like these, it would be epic! ^^

Fureon

Psychic
    Years
  • Haha, yes... The ever so Forsaken Fake Cards.

To start off, I live in south east asia, so encountering Fake Cards alone are pretty hard, not to mention the Real Cards. But yeah, I have bought some in the past of my Early days not knowing that these cards were fake.
    The Version of fake cards that you can encounter in my country are like the real TCG, the same Pokemon, the same type.
    You want to know how i know these cards are fake? Well, Have you ever seen an Ursaring with a move with 9000 damage? Yep, it's fake.
    Haha, that's interesting! Strange, I would assume some of them actually come from South-East Asia, for example Malaysia?
    Although the largest number of them is probably from Turkey (which is not South Asia... but not quite East).

As for Your videos, i really like them!
    For me, the Subtitles alone are fine, but i don't know about the opinion of other people. I would suggest to go for English Dub, but then again, this is all your decision, i don't want you to be weight-ed on making videos.
    So, take it to your Directions, that will probably be the Best Choice!
    Thank you! ^^
    I don't think I will dub the episodes where it's unscripted and there are other people involved, but maybe some of the future ones, I will. I made a test dub for the bonus video for #3, have you seen it? I wonder if my spoken English is discernible enough.

Your battle episodes are amazing! It's the amount of editing it takes to produce this videos, honestly, it makes the battle more understandable! I wish official Pokemon TCG tourneys were edited like these, it would be epic! ^^
    Yay, thank you! It took a lot of effort to do it, maybe that's why the people who make the tourney videos don't do it – they don't think putting in that much effort is not worth it – but I decided to do it anyway, at least once, to see what it would look like :) I'm glad someone appreciated it! ^^

Back