• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bravely Second

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
  • i freaking LOVE this game, it just came out here in europe like a week ago and its addicting.
    i also played bravely default and i was in love and i once i heard there was a second game coming out i couldn't wait, i was so freaked i had to wait soooo long for this second version , like damn

the graphics are so nice and cute, i love the fact you get so many jobs to choose from, the battle system is nice
    and much more i love about the game

do any of you play it as well? what do you like about it?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • For the European and Australian folks who have had this game for over a week now! Who else is playing this?

And for the NA folk, put any plot related comments in spoiler tags! They don't have it yet.

I ended up with the collector's edition - the artbook that comes with it is pretty darn impressive. The game is good fun too - although the cavalier class is pretty broken it seems, haha, and you get it early on. I like the small editions to the gameplay mechanics, the characters and dialogue are pretty top notch too. Idk if the story is quite reaching BD heights (ignoring the deja vu aspect...), but it's doing alright! First 15 minutes after the intro scenes was rather eh... and then it picked up quickly.

Sidequests have been interesting as well, and I've had to think a bit on the last one I did on which class I wanted over my opinion on whose side to take.

The new tunes are not as good as before, sadly. A bunch are alright, just not to the level of BS tunes. Generica dungeon tune sorta annoys me too, sadly. =( A couple are fairly good, that said. But I was immensely pleased to see that a) old town themes return and b) That Person's Name Is... returns for some fights.

Currently middle of chapter 2 I think...? Just starting the 4th sidequest. Been doing them before the main story quest each time.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • For the European and Australian folks who have had this game for over a week now! Who else is playing this?

And for the NA folk, put any plot related comments in spoiler tags! They don't have it yet.

I ended up with the collector's edition - the artbook that comes with it is pretty darn impressive. The game is good fun too - although the cavalier class is pretty broken it seems, haha, and you get it early on. I like the small editions to the gameplay mechanics, the characters and dialogue are pretty top notch too. Idk if the story is quite reaching BD heights (ignoring the deja vu aspect...), but it's doing alright! First 15 minutes after the intro scenes was rather eh... and then it picked up quickly.

Sidequests have been interesting as well, and I've had to think a bit on the last one I did on which class I wanted over my opinion on whose side to take.

The new tunes are not as good as before, sadly. A bunch are alright, just not to the level of BS tunes. Generica dungeon tune sorta annoys me too, sadly. =( A couple are fairly good, that said. But I was immensely pleased to see that a) old town themes return and b) That Person's Name Is... returns for some fights.

Currently middle of chapter 2 I think...? Just starting the 4th sidequest. Been doing them before the main story quest each time.

OMG I THOUGHT NOBODY HERE HAD GOOD TASTE, FINALLY SOMEBODY WHO PLAYS IT TOO
    YEEESSS:pink_boogie:

i am so pleased with this game so far
    i have not gotten very far yet because i been focused more on pokemon super mystery dungeon haha
    i chose red mage over thief, how about you?
    simply because of the BP stuff red mage can give you, i think it is kinda nice

the graphics of this game are super fancy, don't you think so too? :)​

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    In both games, I thought I'd eventually get bored of the repetitiveness of the dungeons and monster encounters, but the battle system is so fun! I like how the dungeons now have slightly more interesting puzzles and hidden items instead of just chests. And yes, I love the drawing-like graphics, especially the towns, even though for me it kind of takes away from the exploration feeling.

I'm at Chapter 3 I think? Just mastered the Wizard job with Yew, Ventriloquism is op.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • In both games, I thought I'd eventually get bored of the repetitiveness of the dungeons and monster encounters, but the battle system is so fun! I like how the dungeons now have slightly more interesting puzzles and hidden items instead of just chests. And yes, I love the drawing-like graphics, especially the towns, even though for me it kind of takes away from the exploration feeling.

I'm at Chapter 3 I think? Just mastered the Wizard job with Yew, Ventriloquism is op.

i have not noticed anything but chests yet, what are you talking about? {XD}

oh and so far i only encountered one side quest, like i said i am not far... but i just finished the mainstory of pokemon super mystery dungeon so i am planning on playing this game for a bit now
    i also got wizard job for yew haha
    i cannot wait to get more jobs available, some of the outfits are nice

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    i have not noticed anything but chests yet, what are you talking about? {XD}

oh and so far i only encountered one side quest, like i said i am not far... but i just finished the mainstory of pokemon super mystery dungeon so i am planning on playing this game for a bit now
    i also got wizard job for yew haha
    i cannot wait to get more jobs available, some of the outfits are nice

I mean the sparkly things! There are also rare some hidden items just like in towns and items in hidden corridors but most of them are either in chests or sparkles.

I also picked the Red Mage over the Thief! I really like that job, even though Black Magic isn't very useful now when there's Spellcraft available, but having an attacker with access to B/W Magic is useful. Also there's no way I'd trust De Rosa, haha. The only thing I like about the Thief is the Steal skill, but you can get a Thief's Knife early on anyway.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • I mean the sparkly things! There are also rare some hidden items just like in towns and items in hidden corridors but most of them are either in chests or sparkles.

I also picked the Red Mage over the Thief! I really like that job, even though Black Magic isn't very useful now when there's Spellcraft available, but having an attacker with access to B/W Magic is useful. Also there's no way I'd trust De Rosa, haha. The only thing I like about the Thief is the Steal skill, but you can get a Thief's Knife early on anyway.
    ooooohh those sparkles, RIGHT
    now i know what you mean haha
    those are pretty neat indeed

i think it is kinda unfortunate though, you have to choose between two jobs sometimes in these side quests, why not let them all be available to us!​

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    ooooohh those sparkles, RIGHT
    now i know what you mean haha
    those are pretty neat indeed

i think it is kinda unfortunate though, you have to choose between two jobs sometimes in these side quests, why not let them all be available to us!​

They will be eventually if you really want them all. I'm more annoyed by the fact that sometimes both choices make sense and there's no middle ground when there should be. And sometimes you have to go for the "bad" choice if you want a certain job! But you're only at the first side quest so I won't try to explain.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • They will be eventually if you really want them all. I'm more annoyed by the fact that sometimes both choices make sense and there's no middle ground when there should be. And sometimes you have to go for the "bad" choice if you want a certain job! But you're only at the first side quest so I won't try to explain.

what? those old jobs are related to new ones you mean?

i like the fact that in this new game you can have more than one battle in one go, which makes your JP go up faster​

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    what? those old jobs are related to new ones you mean?

i like the fact that in this new game you can have more than one battle in one go, which makes your JP go up faster​

In the Merchant side quest for example, I hate the Merchant character but I didn't want his job asterisk so I had to take his side to get the other job I wanted. I felt bad afterwards because even though both sides in these side quests are usually reasonable it just felt like the wrong thing to do.

I like the chained battles too! I'm just spamming attacks and spellcraft hoping to win as many battles as possible in one turn. Though the worst part is sometimes having a surprise chain attack and all my characters are at -4, and I usually end up dying. The same if I think I can take all the enemies out in one turn but I don't, and the enemies have 4 turns to kill me. The Time Mage's 'Time Slip' ability from the first game would be useful because of this.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • In the Merchant side quest for example, I hate the Merchant character but I didn't want his job asterisk so I had to take his side to get the other job I wanted. I felt bad afterwards because even though both sides in these side quests are usually reasonable it just felt like the wrong thing to do.

I like the chained battles too! I'm just spamming attacks and spellcraft hoping to win as many battles as possible in one turn. Though the worst part is sometimes having a surprise chain attack and all my characters are at -4, and I usually end up dying. The same if I think I can take all the enemies out in one turn but I don't, and the enemies have 4 turns to kill me. The Time Mage's 'Time Slip' ability from the first game would be useful because of this.
    i never really did anything with the time mage in the other game :3c

what do you think about the chompcraft feature? little weird in my opinion​

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    i never really did anything with the time mage in the other game :3c

what do you think about the chompcraft feature? little weird in my opinion​

The Time Slip, which let you redo a battle if you lost instead of losing your progress was the best thing about the Time Mage. Plus they got Comet and Meteor.

Chompcraft was really weird especially the way they introduced it. I thought it had to do with the story when that owl person talked to Magnolia. I played with it for a bit in hopes of making pg out of it but it'd take ages to actually profit from it. It's kinda fun if you have nothing else to do, though!

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • NA pleb here.

Just finished the demo. Pretty lengthy, a much smoother experience than the original Bravely Default's demo. I'm liking the new classes. Wizard is very lol. What's the damage modifier on the Hammer enchantment? It seems absurd that an amped Fire Hammer was doing 1500+ consistently. Astrologian seems pretty average - decent synergy with Performer, at the very least - Elemental Barrier is probably the most enticing thing about this class. Exorcist is odd, it's a weird support class. I'm sure there is a broken set-up regarding them, but to me they seem situational.

Is Hawkeye the star class for damage? Combine this with Barrage, Ninja's Ikkikasei, Frenetic Fighting (this is an iffy, I don't think Hawkeye's speed is high enough take advantage of this?), Swordmaster's Multitask, and Warhead. This should lead to stupid amounts of damage, right?

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • The Time Slip, which let you redo a battle if you lost instead of losing your progress was the best thing about the Time Mage. Plus they got Comet and Meteor.

Chompcraft was really weird especially the way they introduced it. I thought it had to do with the story when that owl person talked to Magnolia. I played with it for a bit in hopes of making pg out of it but it'd take ages to actually profit from it. It's kinda fun if you have nothing else to do, though!
    i think it is weird too, kinda
    and i googled it, seems like its pretty useless until you are much further in the game
    as then you get to trade the stuff in for pg or something​
    NA pleb here.

Just finished the demo. Pretty lengthy, a much smoother experience than the original Bravely Default's demo. I'm liking the new classes. Wizard is very lol. What's the damage modifier on the Hammer enchantment? It seems absurd that an amped Fire Hammer was doing 1500+ consistently. Astrologian seems pretty average - decent synergy with Performer, at the very least - Elemental Barrier is probably the most enticing thing about this class. Exorcist is odd, it's a weird support class. I'm sure there is a broken set-up regarding them, but to me they seem situational.
    i like wizard too! are you going to buy the full game? i think you should
    totally worth it​

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    NA pleb here.

Is Hawkeye the star class for damage? Combine this with Barrage, Ninja's Ikkikasei, Frenetic Fighting (this is an iffy, I don't think Hawkeye's speed is high enough take advantage of this?), Swordmaster's Multitask, and Warhead. This should lead to stupid amounts of damage, right?

The Hammer deals physical damage so it deals a lot of damage to enemies who use magic and have high magical defense. The Black Mage is useless compared to the Wizard in this game, especially once you master it.

Astrologian is average though it could be useful. Exorcist's Undo HP has been very useful to me as an extra way to heal. It has very useful passive abilities for mages and healers, such as MP recovery and Ectoplasm (I haven't tried this yet but it looks like it'll be ridiculous if a magic user has it).

And yeah, you could get high amounts of damage combining abilities, but damage is maxed at 9999 unless you use Bravely Second (the feature, not the title).

i think it is weird too, kinda
    and i googled it, seems like its pretty useless until you are much further in the game
    as then you get to trade the stuff in for pg or something​

You can trade whatever currency you make by making those chomp things with pg right from the beginning, but it'd take ages! Have you gotten any further in the game?

Bay

Years
  • I too have to wait a month until the game releases in NA, so I''ve been playing the demo and recently finished it last night. Some of the demo bosses like Geist I heard was pretty tough, but I managed to get through him with not too much trouble (saved for him using Undo on his grunts a few times, lol). One fun incident when playing the demo is I almost died from one of the random encounters, and I had one of my healers used Mist + Raise as last resort and that saved my butt, lol. I think my favorite classes from the demo are Wizard and Hawkeye.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • Have you gotten any further in the game?
    yes i have but not much
    i done the next side quest, i am chosing swordmaster over summoner obviously
    even though the animations with summons are amazing , i just cba to get into and it said its difficult to get some of them , i don't know ... also i had swordmaster in previous one, i liked it so why not
    after this i will continue with main story

I too have to wait a month until the game releases in NA, so I''ve been playing the demo and recently finished it last night. Some of the demo bosses like Geist I heard was pretty tough, but I managed to get through him with not too much trouble (saved for him using Undo on his grunts a few times, lol). One fun incident when playing the demo is I almost died from one of the random encounters, and I had one of my healers used Mist + Raise as last resort and that saved my butt, lol. I think my favorite classes from the demo are Wizard and Hawkeye.
    NA as in north america?
    omg i want to be japanese when it comes to this kinda stuff, ugh so jealous ;-;
    sounds like you are going to buy the game then huh?​

Bay

Years
  • NA as in north america?
    omg i want to be japanese when it comes to this kinda stuff, ugh so jealous ;-;
    sounds like you are going to buy the game then huh?​

Yes, North America! I don't mind too much if the Europeans gets it first since we often get games before Europe, lol. And yeah, I'm thinking of getting the game though probably not on launch date because money. ;_; Hopefully a few days after.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • Yes, North America! I don't mind too much if the Europeans gets it first since we often get games before Europe, lol. And yeah, I'm thinking of getting the game though probably not on launch date because money. ;_; Hopefully a few days after.
    surpises me europe got this first but mwuahahaha{XD} lol
    you played the other game too?

oh and when i got the cat job i thought for a second i was going to get a lion too by my side when fighting ;-;​

Back