• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Yellow Remake

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Game Specs:
    Engine: RMXP
    Poccil's starter kit

Introduction:
    I got this idea while doing my daily chore of browsing the ROM hacking sections. Someone wanted to know of the possibility of a Pokemon Yellow remake, with Pikachu following you as it did in the original. Of course this is nearly impossible for any ROM hacker to do, but it wouldn't be for people who make games from scratch. I've been with the Pokemon Acanthite project for a while now, and with my experiences with that, I decided to make my own Pokemon Yellow Remake in all of its original glory. My name is Heatran, and I'm proud to introduce to you, Pokemon Pikachu Tales, the ultimate Pokemon Yellow remake.

Story:
    The remake starts as the original did, you start in your upstairs room, and you live with your Mother in Pallet Town. While you walk out the door, your Mother tells you that you're going to be late for getting your first Pokemon if you don't hurry up, and mentions something about your father being the exact same way. You run up the hill to Prof. Oak's lab, you bump into your long time rival *Gary, he says something about an incident and that you must hurry. You enter and walk through the maze of tables and various pieces of computer equipment. You approach Prof. Oak, and he's standing next to a table with nothing on it. He says something about the Pokemon escaping and running off into the woods behind his lab, Garry stands next to you and says you and him will find them. You go back into the woods, and find Pikachu sitting next to a berry tree. Prof. Oak runs up to you and walks you out of the woods. Back inside the Lab, Prof. Oak gives you the Pikachu you found, and the normal process of you fighting Gary happens. As you exit the town, your Mom gives you a pair of running shoes and Pokegear.
    More Coming Soon...

Features:
    Diamond and Pearl Tiles
    Diamond and Pearl Music
    Custom Music Pieces
    Pikachu walks behind you
    Much Longer Storyline
    Much More Sidequests
    Travel to Johto from Kanto!

Official Staff List:
    Heatran - Creator, Mapper, Scripter
    Looking for Spriters and Scripters

Screenshots
    Coming Soon...

Last edited:

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2012
    This looks very promising. I would help, if I had RMXP, and if I knew how to script. :p I look forward to some screenshots, perhaps you should add a "% complete" counter so we can see how close you are to say, finishing the first BETA.

Good work. :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Well, I've got all the mapping done for the first beta ( which will go to the end of Mt. Moon )

All I need is to do is finish the scripting and find someone to increase the size of some tiles for me :S

Update: I've finished mapping for the prebeta, and I'm almost done scripting.

The Prebeta won't include DP tiles though, and no releases will untill someone is willing to increase the size of my tiles for me so they'll work in RMXP.

Last edited:

Jirachi_961

Owner of: Pokemon Reanimation
    Years
  • I can resize them, since i am working also with RMXP. If you want, just pm me your files.

Anyway, will it have more then 150 pokemon? I think a game with just the first 150 original pokemon would be great, just like the previous yellow game. The new pokemon are getting old, but the old ones are prime.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I can resize them, since i am working also with RMXP. If you want, just pm me your files.

Anyway, will it have more then 150 pokemon? I think a game with just the first 150 original pokemon would be great, just like the previous yellow game. The new pokemon are getting old, but the old ones are prime.

It's going to have the first 150 Pokemon of course, but I this also leads me to the latest update.

Orange Islands being scrapped!
    After thinking it over with a few of my buddies, I've decided that you will not be traveling to the Orange Islands. You will be traveling to Johto instead, since I want to include some events that won't be available unless you can travel to Johto.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    Hey Heat,

nice seeing youre making a yellow remake.
    I'm kinda looking for something you want to include, the pikachu following thingy

i want to use it for randomly moving events. want to be able to walk trough them without them walking trough impassable objects and also be able to talk to them...

Would be kinda the same as pikachu following, instead of following - randomly walking

Hope you can help me out, good luck on your project.
    -Av

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Forgot about this thread ;_;
    Update
    Just want everyone to know, this project is not dead. I've simply switched from RMXP to Sphere, and I had to completely start over.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    I had an odd thought the other day. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Yellow was based off of the telivision show, yes? A show in which Ash was able to have his Pikachu fight off all comers without concern to type. So...I thought to my self, "Self, if they remade Yellow then Pikachu's uncanny ability to beat ground-types with 'Thunder' would have to be included somehow. It would have to be a unique pokemon power."

So, here's my idea. I think Pikachu should have a special pokemon power. This power would change "no effect" electric attacks into "not very effective" attacks. Thus, you get to blast ground-types with Thunder, just like Ash. Yays for all.

Superconducter: Overcomes immunity to electric attacks.

Back