• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daycare manipulation - different Pokemon hatches out of egg

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    Hey,

I want to reduce the amount of Pokemon to 386 (third generation).
    In the pbs file "pokemon.txt" it's possible to change/delete evolutions easily, but I couldn't figure out where to manipulate breeding.

For example if there's a female Snorlax at the daycare, a Munchlax (#446) is hatching from the egg. That would cause a problem in my game.

So I'd like to hatch a Snorlax from the egg, same for other Pokemon from the newer generation.

Can anybody tell me, where I can find the section to manipulate those hatchings?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Pokemon Breeding is handled in the PField_DayCare script section, and Evolutions are handled in Pokemon_Evolutions.

There is a function pbGetBabySpecies in Pokemon_Evolutions that does a reverse traversal of the evolution tree to get the baby pokemon, it seems. It even does incense checking. So it looks like you can simply remove Munchlax (and other prevolutions) from the pokemon.txt file and it will automatically take out their baby pokemon forms. (After all, you can't hatch a pokemon that doesn't exist.)

It also looks like pbDayCareGenerateEgg in PField_DayCare is written to check if certain pokemon are defined before applying their special cases, so you shouldn't have to modify any scripts at all when taking out the later generation pokemon.

Basically: try it and see if anything breaks. It doesn't look like it will.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    That's awesome, tustin! Thank you very much!
    I tried it out and it works fine. The only thing to notice, you need to edit the pbs file "tm.txt" accordingly to the Pokemon you deleted in "pokemon.txt".

Back