• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that should have Mega evolution!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Considering that Beedrill got a mega evolution, I'm still disappointed that Butterfree didn't get one as well. You'd think that if they were going to do one of the original two early Bug types, they'd do the other as well. I guess I can hold out hope for one to come in the next set of games, but I'm afraid Butterfree'll get lost in the shuffle with a bunch of other Pokemon that could use megas as well (the gen II, IV, V & VI starters, Flygon, Dragonite, etc.).

Butterfree has always had a beautiful design and is one of the few pokemon that looks good the majority of the games (even in RBY). I feel if they gave it a mega evolution, it would either be A) Too detailed to forget its original design or B) not flashy enough to have a mega evolution.

I want this badly a lot of people say itll be op because butterfree is one of those pokemon not always known but feared at points lol but hey its beautiful and i like bug types it can learn flying type moves bug type moves psychic type moves and status moves which gives it a wide range to really mess with someone in battle! But seriously since they gave beedrill one its only fitting butterfree gets one i mean it would be like giving Beautifly a mega and not Dustox when they both come from a Wurmple not right but i bet itll be in upcoming games atleast i hope!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
There was more room for Beedrill to get a mega evolution, but Butterfree is a little on the establish design and very little room to expand. unless the body changes and not the wings or the wings get slightly different...but those are mega evolutions that don't seem that big of a deal.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
-Every starter who doesn't already have one
-Flygon
-Farfetch'd
-Heatran
-Volcarona
-Armaldo
-Tropius
-Noivern
-Hawlucha

Charizerd

Pokemon Master
Years
I definitely agree with you, I think it would be amazing to see a mega evolution for dragonite. Also, I think it would be cool if dragonites mega took over a color similar to dragonairs. For some reason, I've always liked that color.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
There really aren't any Pokemon I'm dying to get a Mega Evolution. Like, I'd have loved Mega Milotic in ORAS, but we didn't get it, oh well. Honestly, I love when unexpected Pokemon get Megas, like Beedril, Audino, and Slowbro to name a few.

That said, the only two Pokemon I'd like to see are Togekiss and Snorlax - but I'm not bothered by if/when we get them.

Years
If we get any of these next installment I will be very happy.

1. Milotic
2. Lilligant
3. Corsola
4. Vespiquen
5. Dragalge
6. Jynx
7. Gourgeist
8. Liepard
9. Froslass
10. Flygon
11. Serperior
12. Roserade
13. Lapras
14. Leavanny
15. Luxray
16. Meganium
17. Delphox
18. Gastrodon
19. Rapidash
20. Samurott
21. Kingdra
22. Raichu
23. Greninja
24. Arcanine
25. Pyroar

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I think the op's reason for a mega charizard z is pointless. Regardless of what it gets as a mega evolution there will always be people who will side with digimon over pokemon.

Anyway I think a lot of weak single stage pokemon could benefit from mega evolution. For example farferch'd could use anything to help itself out. Also corsola and carbink. For a not so weak one, lapras.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
As much as I'd prefer single stage Pokémon to just get another evolution, letting them get mega evolutions isn't that bad. Just make them a bit more viable in the sense that it's more usable and I'm happy with it. I also wouldn't mind stuff like Mega Milotic or Whimsicott. <3

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Rapidash should have 2 Megevolution-

--Mega Rapidash White (Fire/Fairy) : Based on Winged Pegasus.

--Mega Rapidash Black (Fire/Ghost) : Based on Black Unicorn.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Flygon should have had a Mega already.

The starters that don't have them too (Except the 6th Gen ones).

In my opinion, in the games, if there's a Mega for a pokemon, they put a Mega for the opposite. Following this, the next pokemon should have had a Mega too, as they are the opposites to pokemon that already have one (I think):
-Butterfree (Beedrill)
-Dragonite (Salamence)
-Milotic (Gyarados)
-Machamp (Alakazam)
-Slowking (Slowbro)
-Froslass (Glalie)
-Zoroark (Lucario)
-Staraptor (Pidgeot)

Although Banette has a Mega, I didn't put Dusknoir because it has 2 evolutions and Banette 1.

Now, my personal choices:

Mega Nidoking and Mega Nidoqueen. They need it, they are getting comparatively weaker and weaker to others every time a ney Gen comes out.
Mega Luxray. There aren't many Electric types with a Mega, and this was the first choice for me. It would give it the needed boost to be one of the main Electrics.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Its pretty confirmed that all starter Pokemon will get Megevolution someday ! Only Kento & Hoenn stater getting Megevolution is like announcing them to be superior then other region's starter .
I'm wondering about Mega Infernape ! Since Infernape is based on Sun Wukong (Monkey King) So it might process Omnious/ Celestial/Holy flame.

After all , Sun Wukung receive ''Bughahood'' at the end of ''Journey to the West'' So Mega Infernape should be divine or Celestial.
May be , It can Fly by Inserting its tail or Arm .

Flygon should have had a Mega already.

9EryvGr.jpg

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Xatu, Swalot, Lapras, butterfree, bronzong, escaliver, karablast just to namea few.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Eevee - to maybe make it as viable as any eevolution
Drapion
Unown
Luxray
Toxicroak

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
I think the 2nd Generation starters should get Mega Evolutions, i would love to see a mega Typhlosion which would probably look awesome, i would not mind seeing a Mega Golduck or Octillery, i dunno how you could do a Mega Octillery, maybe add some more tentacles???

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Nidoking and queen
Machamp
Hydriegon (please make him as good as he deserves)
Dragonite
Golem
Zoroark
Exploud
Skarmory
Infer ape
Etc

Back